Overkill Garage - DIY Single Turbo GTX3584RS

OverkillGarage

Mar 22, 2019
Broken Arrow, OK
Ride
07 BMW 335i
Creating my own single turbo setup. A few suspension parts are being replaced in conjunction as well as new fuel system components.

Feel free to follow here or on FB/IG via username OverkillGarage. Constructive criticism always appreciated and encouraged. šŸ‘

IMG_1820.JPG
SMDE9897.JPG
IMG_1824.JPG
IMG_1876.JPG
IMG_1888.JPG
IMG_1905.JPG
IMG_1961.JPG
IMG_1967.JPG
IMG_1970.JPG
IMG_2016.JPG
IMG_2019.JPG

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
DIY turbo kits FTW! Also how did you get that manifold deck so clean? Mine was pretty good without any real effort but that is clean

Reactions: OverkillGarage

OverkillGarage

Mar 22, 2019
Broken Arrow, OK
Ride
07 BMW 335i
DIY turbo kits FTW! Also how did you get that manifold deck so clean? Mine was pretty good without any real effort but that is clean
Thanks! I think what you are seeing is the head flange mounted to the cyl head. I got it cleaned up, but probably about the same as most. Unfortunately it appears I don't have a picture of the bare head currently for comparison.

OverkillGarage

Mar 22, 2019
Broken Arrow, OK
Ride
07 BMW 335i
Iā€™m sure itā€™s just the picture angles, but do you have enough room for the water inlet to the block?

It's pretty tight back there. I worked on the tube routing a bit last night and I think I've got a plan in place. I'll try to get pictures up as I make progress.

very nice o2 placement and wg... keep it up, when it comes time to make the DP try making it 3.5"

Thanks! I believe you had a manifold similar to this at one point right? I'm planning on running 3" turbo back. The price penalty of 3.5" comparatively seemed disproportionate for a small gain in power output.

Arenā€™t the O2 sensors likely going to be getting bad readings since the collector isnā€™t divided and the sensors are angled with the flow stream?

I'll let Omar reply here, but I think they should be fine. I'm planning to use the VTT screw-in adapters to keep the sensors alive.

Reactions: The Convert