PCV options single turbo

Daniel.B

Lurker
Dec 9, 2018
Ride
07 335
Hey! I know there is a lot out there, but want to get some tips from you guys!

I have a 335 with N54 and going to run Speedtech single kit. This already has a fitting in the inlet pipe to the turbo, so might as well use this to draw "vacuum" from a catch can.
I wonder what you suggest doing with rest of the pcv system?

pcv.png

I kinda want to plug the pcv ports so I`ll never have problems with it. Should I might as well run a flapper delete (like the one below) and run a hose straight to a catchcan which draws vacuum from the turbo? And just install a pcv delete plug if it exisist?

ac_vargas_flapper_delete.jpeg

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
Dual catch cans with external pcv setup, high side goes back into turbo filter. Or straight up VTA. I run VTA and daily my car, if your engine doesn’t have a fuck ton of blowby and you setup your can properly you won’t get any smells or smoke

Daniel.B

Lurker
Dec 9, 2018
Ride
07 335
Thanks for input guys. When you run VTA do you run 2 hoses out of the valve cover, or do you plug the pcv valve and only vent from the flapper delete?

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
I have the head ports plugged, vent from both ports on the valve cover and have the VTT oil cap breather

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Theres been a lot of posts on PCV setups lately, I made a detailed post that's linked in most of them for a pretty fool-proof PCV system that has full vacuum on decel/idle and full VTA on boost to help with both carbon buildup and engine longevity.