Private
May 8, 2017
Ride
2008 BMW 335xi
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Not too long ago, I was changing my oil. While I was waiting for the car to cool down some more, I was under my car and was just inspecting everything. Through all the piping and suspension parts I could barely see my turbos. I noticed the the center housings on the turbos looked very shiny and "wet" look to them. Could this be a sign of my turbos leaking oil or coolant? Turbos spool up perfectly fine with no smoke. No known issues from them. Please see the pictures below and I provided a recent log as well. Only modifications are a 7" front mount.

https://datazap.me/u/chi-townspeed/log-1507592497?log=0&data=3-24

Xm-n54

Private
May 8, 2017
Ride
2008 BMW 335xi
Could deff be the cartridge itself I've seen those leak.. but the amount points to possibly the feed line and or it's oring
I was leaning towards one of the oil lines whether it be the feed or return due to me not experiencing any noticeable issues from this.

Xm-n54

Private
May 8, 2017
Ride
2008 BMW 335xi
Do the labor yourself and you'll be on budget. :)
Really wish I could!! It's a pretty big job for me to do alone. Garage is currently filled with family junk and it's too cold to do it on jack stands in my garage. Also have the xi version which makes everything a greater pita. I'm just petrified of the exhaust manifold bolts.

Xm-n54

Private
May 8, 2017
Ride
2008 BMW 335xi
What was the verdict?
I tried to do some more digging but came across nothing. Car has been running perfectly fine, no smoke whatsoever, no excessive oil consumption, however the car is still at stock boost though. Still haven't turned up boost due to having no where to install downpipes.