Precision 6266 Vs. 6466 (Goal - 700whp)

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Well now Im going back and forth again:tearsofjoy: I dont think I will regret either decision either so that is a good thing. It may come down to which I can get a better deal on

FWIW I can't find a 6466 93 pump only dyno but I know I have seen them...

93 + meth dyno 680whp: https://www.boostaddict.com/content.php?5752-6466-Custom-Kit-Dyno-Results

560whp 93 octane only: https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/135i-docrace-6266-pump-gas-results.1828/

93 octane only I think of the 6266 at around 550whp and the 6466 at 600whp.

A thread with only single turbos and dyno charts + mod list would be nice. Or some way to search dynos like a database would be cool.

Any reason you want to go with the docrace vs say vm single turbo kit? Just curious.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Any reason you want to go with the docrace vs say vm single turbo kit? Just curious.

yeah, here are a few of the main reasons:

1) Doc race is reliable at getting the kit to you on time. They say 2-3 weeks, and get it to you in 2-3 weeks. VM, JPworkz, and maybe some others who I cant think of right now are a joke at delivering on time.
2) Doc race has much better reviews overall than VM. you can find good and bad things about both on fitment and completeness on the kit and all the fittings, but overall Doc race has a much better track record of installs without issues than VM.
3) Price. You can look on the Doc Race site and see exactly what you are getting and know exactly what your paying. You can see each individual component and get some good info on it. I cant find any website for VM kit to get details on it and I don't even know the price of it, so that doesn't really help me as a customer compare / browse around at what I want. I heard the price of the VM kit being around 5K, which is similar to Doc race so at that point I don't see why people would take the risk of ordering a VM kit when there is little to no reward (no real money savings)

Only bad thing about Doc Race is the wastegate placement. A lot of people have different feelings on this but personally Its not a dealbreaker for me

Only other Single Kit that is a competitor to Doc is Motiv in my opinion, and I just simply don't want to pay the price on a motiv kit. If I could get one at a huge discount or used, I'd probably go motiv over Doc race and be all over it...

ccbsecu

Corporal
Nov 26, 2017
Ride
135i
yeah, here are a few of the main reasons:

1) Doc race is reliable at getting the kit to you on time. They say 2-3 weeks, and get it to you in 2-3 weeks. VM, JPworkz, and maybe some others who I cant think of right now are a joke at delivering on time.
2) Doc race has much better reviews overall than VM. you can find good and bad things about both on fitment and completeness on the kit and all the fittings, but overall Doc race has a much better track record of installs without issues than VM.
3) Price. You can look on the Doc Race site and see exactly what you are getting and know exactly what your paying. You can see each individual component and get some good info on it. I cant find any website for VM kit to get details on it and I don't even know the price of it, so that doesn't really help me as a customer compare / browse around at what I want. I heard the price of the VM kit being around 5K, which is similar to Doc race so at that point I don't see why people would take the risk of ordering a VM kit when there is little to no reward (no real money savings)

Only bad thing about Doc Race is the wastegate placement. A lot of people have different feelings on this but personally Its not a dealbreaker for me

Only other Single Kit that is a competitor to Doc is Motiv in my opinion, and I just simply don't want to pay the price on a motiv kit. If I could get one at a huge discount or used, I'd probably go motiv over Doc race and be all over it...

A motiv kit sold about 3 months ago (RIGHT AFTER I HAD JUST BOUGHT A DOCRACE KIT :rage:) at a nice discount....

chadillac2000

Corporal
Oct 26, 2017
NC
Ride
2008 BMW 135i
I get the appeal of a bottom mount kit, but paying $3,000 more for a single scroll kit over a top of the line twin scroll top mount kit does not compute for me.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
A motiv kit sold about 3 months ago (RIGHT AFTER I HAD JUST BOUGHT A DOCRACE KIT :rage:) at a nice discount....

Really? I must have missed it. Where and for how much did it go for?

I get the appeal of a bottom mount kit, but paying $3,000 more for a single scroll kit over a top of the line twin scroll top mount kit does not compute for me.

yep exactly. I know a guy who bought a used Motiv Kit for 4K though, so if any opportunity rises out of luck than I would hop on it as I think motiv is the best even if it is single scroll - It has the least amount of lag and cleanest install / no heat issues.

DS3IAM

Private
Mar 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E90 xDrive
Anyone has ever taken a long distance drive like 6 to 7 hours after they had installed these kits? Just wanted to hear some feedback on reliability? I take a number of trip to Pittsburgh from NNJ area. Currently, I have no issues with my Dinan S3 set up that the previous owner installed.

chadillac2000

Corporal
Oct 26, 2017
NC
Ride
2008 BMW 135i
Anyone has ever taken a long distance drive like 6 to 7 hours after they had installed these kits? Just wanted to hear some feedback on reliability? I take a number of trip to Pittsburgh from NNJ area. Currently, I have no issues with my Dinan S3 set up that the previous owner installed.

I do almost 3 hours a day 4 times a week on my ACF kit, 1.5 hours each way. My car runs cooler, gets better gas mileage, and has more power when needed. Zero issues thus far besides some o2 sensors that weren't working right from the time they were installed.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Can someone tell me what the common reliability issues are with any of the newer bottom mounts? I can't think of any to be honest. I can however think of several instances(first hand) of heat related failures on top mount kits.

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Can someone tell me what the common reliability issues are with any of the newer bottom mounts? I can't think of any to be honest. I can however think of several instances(first hand) of heat related failures on top mount kits.
Honestly the only heat issues associated with top mounts are because people didn't prep anything for having a top mount. Wrap everything up like you should, reflect tape everything as you should, and you'll have years of top mount success no issues as I've had myself.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
I do almost 3 hours a day 4 times a week on my ACF kit, 1.5 hours each way. My car runs cooler, gets better gas mileage, and has more power when needed. Zero issues thus far besides some o2 sensors that weren't working right from the time they were installed.

Gas mileage is the craziest part IMHO. People don't believe me when I tell them it actually gets better compared to stockers. Very noticeable difference too, not just a little.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Honestly the only heat issues associated with top mounts are because people didn't prep anything for having a top mount. Wrap everything up like you should, reflect tape everything as you should, and you'll have years of top mount success no issues as I've had myself.

That is different from kit to kit it seems, besides none of that is even necessary on a bottom mount kit. My manifold only has a ceramic coating.

Top mount guys be like:
upload_2018-4-18_16-35-21.png

Top Mounts: AC lines ruptured, washer tank necks melted, engine covers melted, expansion tank relocation issues(plus the extra line going back across the engine bay), tiny filter, ignition wires melted, heat cycling plastics makes them brittle. And this is stuff I know or have seen and I don't own a top mount.

Bottom Mount: .....

• Dislike
Reactions: 08_335i

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
Top Mounts: AC lines ruptured, washer tank necks melted, engine covers melted, expansion tank relocation issues(plus the extra line going back across the engine bay), tiny filter, ignition wires melted, heat cycling plastics makes them brittle. And this is stuff I know or have seen and I don't own a top mount.

Bottom Mount: .....

I disagree. As a top-mount owner, it took me two seconds to relocate the washer tank neck to the cowl. I relocated my expansion tank two years ago when I did stock turbo inlets and never had an issue since. AC lines never ruptured, engine cover never melted, ignition wires aren't melted, air filter seems fine. My kit is only ceramic coated, with wrapped downpipe and turbo blanket. Nothing else. 10/10 would do it again.

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
Tyler you're a little biased towards bottom mount kits if were gonna be honest.

I'm not sure if he installed his kit, but if he did, he should know that a top mount's easy access is a huge plus when it comes to working on these cars.

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
I'm not sure if he installed his kit, but if he did, he should know that a top mount's easy access is a huge plus when it comes to working on these cars.
He has, and I have no doubts he loves it so far. But there are definitely some great advantages to the turbo and everything else being so accessible on top mounts compared. Bottom mount has its perks too for sure.

chadillac2000

Corporal
Oct 26, 2017
NC
Ride
2008 BMW 135i
Top mount guys be like:
View attachment 10725

I must be missing out on the bling! But seriously, we need some more clean installs with a little more effort on the top mount setups. Plus if you do it right the first time around like Jake said, and relocate things properly, you won't be melting things.

xfJ9QQN.jpg

rDQVWJi.jpg

Last edited: