Preparing a Proper Build~!

Gencheezzy

Private
Aug 4, 2018
Ride
e90 335i 6mt
So I want to do a proper build and get ready for a ST build eventually pushing around 600-650whp and possible build the engine for more.

Going to install before new years (so far will add more) (Currently at 73k Miles)
- CSF Rad
- VRSF 7.5" Race IC
- Dual Oil Coolers (Behind fog lights) Custom setup
- PR Ignition Kit
- 95770 NGK gapped at .022
- Walnut Blasting, new gaskets
- OFHGs
- Belt and Pulleys
- VTT Dual Catch Can Setup (with high side breather)

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND DOING NEXT?
Not saying I will 100% do what you say but love ideas and why you recommend doing it.

PLANS:
- Double Shotgun
- Stage 2 or 3 LPFP
- SteedSpeed Bottom mount kit w/ GTX3582R
- Maybe VTT Modular Billet Valve Cover
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4s Tires

ARE THESE MODS SUFFICIENT FOR WHAT I WANT TO DO? OR WILL I STILL RUN INTO HEATING ISSUES?

Gencheezzy

Private
Aug 4, 2018
Ride
e90 335i 6mt
If you arent going to be tracking the car hard and have the factory oil cooler i wouldnt worry about the rad or oil cooler setup. ST already runs cooler than the stock twins. You are also going to want a more aggresive tire

Its too late i already bought the CSF and the oil cooler setup. Dont want to sell it now cause I will lose money haha

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I was going to say the same as all of the above. My MPSS are not keeping up with my single. Shame as they have alot of life left.

Everything you have spec'd out is quality stuff. I'm guessing you have e85 access and are an auto?

While you are in there I would suggest doing the water pump and thermostat as they often fail between 75-125k it seems. Easy to do while you have it apart.

Also the oil pan gasket, small money while you are in there.

With all that power you will probably want upgraded motor mounts, I recommend the revshift 80A. I would also suggest solid subframe and diff bushings. You also are not addessing the suspension which you will end up needing to do in my opinion with all that power but take it one step at a time.

I would also suggest if you are going to touch the fuel system beyond a direct drop in walbro you go all the way, its expensive but better to do it once and right in my opinion.

That single turbo kit looks nice and a Garret is an excellent turbo. I believe it will hit the numbers you want.

Gencheezzy

Private
Aug 4, 2018
Ride
e90 335i 6mt
I was going to say the same as all of the above. My MPSS are not keeping up with my single. Shame as they have alot of life left.

Everything you have spec'd out is quality stuff. I'm guessing you have e85 access and are an auto?

While you are in there I would suggest doing the water pump and thermostat as they often fail between 75-125k it seems. Easy to do while you have it apart.

Also the oil pan gasket, small money while you are in there.

With all that power you will probably want upgraded motor mounts, I recommend the revshift 80A. I would also suggest solid subframe and diff bushings. You also are not addessing the suspension which you will end up needing to do in my opinion with all that power but take it one step at a time.

I would also suggest if you are going to touch the fuel system beyond a direct drop in walbro you go all the way, its expensive but better to do it once and right in my opinion.

That single turbo kit looks nice and a Garret is an excellent turbo. I believe it will hit the numbers you want.
Yeah i forgot to mention what i already have on it, so i currently have a quaife lsd, vanguard exhaust and bilstein pss10 b16 coilovers, also oil pan gasket was done around 5k miles ago waterpump i believe previous owner has files of it being changed 25k miles ago and I do have access to e85 and im 6MT, and yes i know i will need a better clutch ill be doing a Motiv twin disc or x clutch organic material not ceramic.