Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
probably late to the party, but Honestly, if you want to keep your AEM setup and go direct port. Although its not a thread about my products....

https://twistedtuning.com/collections/bmw-product/products/twisted-tuning-direct-port-methanol-injection-conversion-kit
(i need to update the product photos, i have since moved to better in-house valves, and faster in-house solenoid)

I offer this specifically for people that want a fast way to convert to Direct port. Saves you from having to mess with drilling and tapping the intake manifold. For nozzle size, 225ml for 600-700hp. Nozzle size depends on power goal.

then add the MHD misfire safety to your flash

KiddyseatKrusher

Oct 17, 2018
Ride
08 BMW 535i
probably late to the party, but Honestly, if you want to keep your AEM setup and go direct port. Although its not a thread about my products....

https://twistedtuning.com/collections/bmw-product/products/twisted-tuning-direct-port-methanol-injection-conversion-kit
(i need to update the product photos, i have since moved to better in-house valves, and faster in-house solenoid)

I offer this specifically for people that want a fast way to convert to Direct port. Saves you from having to mess with drilling and tapping the intake manifold. For nozzle size, 225ml for 600-700hp. Nozzle size depends on power goal.

Twisted, how does that MHD safety work? Is it pretty reliable? Knock=timing retards?

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt

What are your thoughts on the BMS/phoenix PI manifold?

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
sorry but that was all Greek to me. What kind of flow sensor uses 5v? How does that work? I REALLY want an ultra safe system. Pro- tune OTS? I'm putting this equipment together for Ken Atkinson at Wedge Performance to help me assemble a tune. He advised me on getting port injection meth, but I didn't want to bother him incessantly in how to build out an N54 meth setup.

Whatever meth controller you pick, make sure it can output a 0-5V signal for when meth is flowing. I recommend the Aquamist HSF-4, as it was tested during flex fuel development. Ken can talk to me for how to setup your tune then to use the flex fuel code as progressive meth code instead.

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Twisted, how does that MHD safety work? Is it pretty reliable? Knock=timing retards?

was mainly talking about the ignition coil cut for misfire option. Has been thus far using it with my DP Nitrous setup.

What are your thoughts on the BMS/phoenix PI manifold?

just another china manifold with PI. it'll work, lol.

Boorda

Corporal
Jul 15, 2018
Royse City, TX
futemire.com
Ride
328xi, 335xi M Sport
Don't mean to steal your thread, but it seemed like the perfect place to continue with other ProMeth Q/A's

I own the full ProMeth setup myself, but have had to look at it in a box for the last 10 months due to fitment issues.
I just want to warn anyone that is considering the ProMeth N55 intake mani for the E-Series that you will need to really pay attention to the way it is plumbed up.
The problem is that your stock air box or even an aftermarket one like from BMS will interfere with the meth lines, especially on the second version.
So far there have been three variations of plumbing. I believe the first version might work and the third will most definitely work, but the second version will absolutely not, ask me how I know.

Here is what each version looks like.
Version 1Version 2Version 3
1562479256002.png

And on an additional note about their support, I personally will never buy anything from ProMeth again. Their unwillingness to work with me to get my fitment issue corrected has left a bad taste in my mouth. When someone drops over 1K for a system that is advertised to fit their car but doesn't', you should make it right.

So E-Series N55 guys pay attention.