QNX Development for CIC

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Can you get it to render some kind of static background on the sides so you can't see the CIC menu?

dolphin78

Private
Jun 23, 2017
Ride
335i 2012 (F30)
Can you get it to render some kind of static background on the sides so you can't see the CIC menu?
I like the way it is now. Seems like nobody’s interested in it anyways as I uploaded Doom a month ago and nobody downloaded it since then.

This whole thread is a bit dissapointing and rather dead. I was hoping to see more involvement from others. Maybe we should make it public to bring more people

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm okay with making the thread public, is there anything in particular we should clean up before doing so?

dolphin78

Private
Jun 23, 2017
Ride
335i 2012 (F30)
I'm okay with making the thread public, is there anything in particular we should clean up before doing so?
The only thing I can think of is the doom package I uploaded as it has game files from commercial version. I’ll replace them with those from demo version today

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Ok i'll give it a couple days for anyone else to chime in if they have objections or input. Where should we move the thread?

Xer0449

Corporal
Jan 30, 2017
My only concern is that we're going to get flooded with "CAN I HAZ THE MHD ON EYEDRIVE" things. It'd be nice for other engineers to chime in, though.

@doublespaces I think a bunch of stuff should be obfuscated if it does get opened, however. A lot of attachments and personal info floating around our threads.

@dolphin78 I wouldn't get discouraged... you're the only dev making good headway with native execution - and a good job at that. I think there just needs to be a set goal/milestones, perhaps?

Deadknight

Lurker
Jul 29, 2017
For nearly 3 weeks i haven't worked on any BMW thing. My MBR erased itself on my laptop and i had to recover data. Also real life job is taking time too. But i'm reading this forum every day.

My first try was porting this link. But it uses lots of external libraries, and it might be hard to port them.

Also i believe it is important to find how connected drive applications work. (Spoof dns to find communication data or a sniffer?). Connected drive services won't work for my car for some reason. (@rhodesman Rtti works through it too.).

As for public, i agree with @Xer0449.

I believe another problem is the name of the public post (https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/anyone-thought-of-building-a-connected-drive-server.1512/). It does not reveal anything.You have to write specific keywords to find that post on google and it isn't cic development.
Maybe a new sticky post with some minimal info under BMW general may get some attention.

Reactions: rhodesman

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Perhaps @Xer0449 or someone can make a more encompassing public post somewhere that will be better for search engines.

rhodesman

Corporal
Mar 21, 2017
Maryland
rhodesman.com
Ride
2010 BMW E88 N54 135i
I think I've come to the conclusion that without a Combox this attempt to connect my car to a private server is just not possible. The connection block I have now is the TCU itself. I can code it out but then I loose bluetooth phone connectivity and if I set the CIC to "think" there is a combox, playing media on the CIC becomes useless on top of not having a phone.

However, with all that, I did notice some interesting settings in the CIC that made me wonder if I could actually bypass the TCU completely when sending data without coding it out completely. I'll have to give this a try but wont be able until sometime next week:
Code:
DATACOM_TRANSFER
*       most_high                             !(((TELESERVICES,(BMW_LIVE,INTERNETZUGANG,IP_TELESERVICES)+MAERZ13)+CIC_CI_1A,COMBOX)+(LOW_NAVIGATION+!CIC_CI_0D,CIC_CI_0D))+!(COMBOX+NAVIGATION+!CIC_CI_0D)
        mamac                                 ((TELESERVICES,(BMW_LIVE,INTERNETZUGANG,IP_TELESERVICES)+MAERZ13)+CIC_CI_1A,COMBOX)+(LOW_NAVIGATION+!CIC_CI_0D,CIC_CI_0D)
        ethernet        ethernet network      COMBOX+NAVIGATION+!CIC_CI_0D

And this is the code that pretty much kills my CIC-TCU/MULF from being anything more than a radio and basic Map display:
Code:
DATACOM_INTERFACE
*     tcu_mulf        telematics control unit (tcu) universal bluetooth hands-free system (ulf)         !(COMBOX,(TELESERVICES,(BASIS_TEL,KOMFORT_TEL,BMW_LIVE,INTERNETZUGANG,IP_TELESERVICES)+MAERZ13)+CIC_CI_1A)
      combox                                                                                            COMBOX,(TELESERVICES,(BASIS_TEL,KOMFORT_TEL,BMW_LIVE,INTERNETZUGANG,IP_TELESERVICES)+MAERZ13)+CIC_CI_1A
      inbox           inbox
(Does anyone know what 'inbox' is????)

Another interesting and weird find was this option:
Code:
HDD_ACCESS_VIA_ETHERNET
      aktiv           enabled        COMBOX
*     nicht_aktiv     not enabled    !COMBOX
When I enabled it this hard drive icon appeared in my CD/media list and when I selected it in the iDrive everything was in german and there was a list in german with icons of the "world" data. I tried clicking on a few but was left with a blank window and a task spinner. (I presume it was because my TCU is not connected to the network but at that time, my car was connected to my home network via iCom....so.... -\_:neutral:_/-

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Would you like to buy my combox retrofit? I have the harness for a mulf2+tcu

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Because I got the android idrive screen and it does basically everything you're trying to do. I could install it but it would be redundant mostly. I just want what I've paid for everything its not a whole ton.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Okay then, what price are you thinking?? :)
I'll PM you so this thread doesn't get derailed.

Regarding making this public, with the good comes the bad. I think if we want more knowlegable eyeballs on the thread we have to put it out there as the connected drive is the only thread visible. We need one that focuses on CIC development. Like this one.

If you are concerned about the information being visible can you please cite those cases and I'll clean it up.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Alright, so this stalled out. What needs to be removed so I can make this a public post?