RB external PCV setup

SingleTurboE92

Corporal
Nov 2, 2016
Aubrey, Texas
I personally have it, I have not ran it yet but think it is absolutely necessary if you have any form of upgraded turbos. The CCV system on this car was not designed for the amount of boost we are pushing.

SingleTurboE92

Corporal
Nov 2, 2016
Aubrey, Texas
Andy has a similar kit. It is a flapper delete fitting and a delete on the PCV valve. All of this would run to his amazing catch can that mounts to the strut bar. Look on his site for the fittings and kit. I think he is currently out of one of his fittings but could be wrong. I got the fittings for the RB external catch for free when I bought my new head otherwise I would have considered Andys solution.

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
I've been running the rb external pcv with head ports tapped and plugged since the spring. It works extremely well and keeps the correct vacuum on the crankcase during cruise and idle. It catches oil at a rate of about 4 times to the bms boost side can which I am also running.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I have it. It's fine but haven't put many miles on it. Install is not too bad, good excuse to do your VC & enlarge your BOV line to 1/4'' while you are in there. Kit fit fine, no install issues or anything unexpected.

• Love
Reactions: Mikeh1989

randamjam

Nov 5, 2016
Cincinnati
I use this kit on my 145k n54, works wonders! I drive 1k+ trips at least once a month, this really helps from excess carbon build up on the valves.

Skeletors_e90

Lurker
Nov 8, 2016
Florida
I want this on my car but want it all in braided line with AN fittings, is that a possibility? Sorry, I'm trying to currently swap my BMS OCC over to hard line and ANs too. My ocd wants it all to match!!!

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
I want this on my car but want it all in braided line with AN fittings, is that a possibility? Sorry, I'm trying to currently swap my BMS OCC over to hard line and ANs too. My ocd wants it all to match!!!
Thats what i did. Except for hard line. Just braided with dual mishimoto cans. Two lines in pic are now braided. IMG_0234.jpg

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
We've had these kits in production for over a year now and the only complaint seems to be the lack of catch can adapter for a cleaner install (which we understand but have not had the time to produce). Other than this the feedback has been excellent and everyone seems to be very content and some elated. Up until recently we haven't even had the moment to add them to the website but they are there finally :)
http://www.rbturbo.com/products/accessories/rb-n54-external-pcv-kit
(FYI we are out of stock currently and another batch is currently being machined)

TurboMike

Corporal
Nov 22, 2016
PA
We've had these kits in production for over a year now and the only complaint seems to be the lack of catch can adapter for a cleaner install (which we understand but have not had the time to produce). Other than this the feedback has been excellent and everyone seems to be very content and some elated. Up until recently we haven't even had the moment to add them to the website but they are there finally :)
http://www.rbturbo.com/products/accessories/rb-n54-external-pcv-kit
(FYI we are out of stock currently and another batch is currently being machined)
Well you have an order coming from me here soon. Any other cool R&D going on over there?

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
EDIT**

What is the "Throttle body adaptation assembly" in the kit? The PCV delete?

Last edited:

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Trying to wrap my head around this kit, maybe someone who understands it better can chime in.
This kit has a flapper delete which is the lower valve of the 2, correct? Comes with an adapter to allow decel venting to a catch can which then plugs in to.... the throttle body? So the pressure vent valve stays in place routed to catch can/VTA whatever, correct?

phv628

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
USA
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
The RB kit does not have a flapper delete. Use the BMS or AD-E kit for that side. The RB kit externalizes the PCV to a catch can and pulls vacuum using the throttle body adapter which is included. You would VTA on the flapper side with the BMS or AD-E kits.

• Dumb
  • Informative
Reactions: 9krpmrx8 and R.G.