RB GF Dyno Results- 93 and e85- 681whp

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
I had a chance to get my car on the Dyno today with the new RB GF turbos and am extremely pleased with the results! All pulls were done on a dynojet in 4th gear. Also these are not glory pulls and should be easy results to replicate.

93 octane @ 18-19psi - 516whp

93 octane @ 25psi- 582 whp

E85- @ 27psi- 681whp

20191005_195128.jpg

20191005_195159.jpg

Mods:
RB GF 19t turbos
RB inlets/ RB outlets
@V8bait tuned MHD flash only
PI intake manifold w/52lb injectors
BMP stage 3 pump
Injen intake
Helix intercooler
Spec stage 2+ clutch

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
Car must feel like a rocket with that powerband. Are you planning on taking it to the drag strip?

Reactions: Blaster3500

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Those are great numbers for both 93 and e85. Do you mind disclosing timing on the runs?

Reactions: Blaster3500

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Car must feel like a rocket with that powerband. Are you planning on taking it to the drag strip?
I will prob go again later in the season. I only got two passes on this setup. It ran a 12.2 @ 130 with a horrible 60 and not so great shifting. It definitely is a rocket from a roll.

Those are great numbers for both 93 and e85. Do you mind disclosing timing on the runs?

Thanks! Not at all. The logs are attached. On the e85 I did 4 pulls so not sure what log went with what pull, but they all were within 5hp or so. On the lower boost 93 I believe the timing is around 6 degrees peak and on the 25psi pull it was 4.5 peak timing. On e85 around 11 peak I believe.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
In SC too? Cool! I'm in Columbia. Got plans on the 19th? There is a big streetcar shootout at Darlington on the 19th. You should come if you can! There are classes as well as just test n tune. The one in March was fun and this should be even better. They will be doing roll races as well as drag if you don't want to worry about breaking anything.

Reactions: Idratherbesurfing

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
In SC too? Cool! I'm in Columbia. Got plans on the 19th? There is a big streetcar shootout at Darlington on the 19th. You should come if you can! There are classes as well as just test n tune. The one in March was fun and this should be even better. They will be doing roll races as well as drag if you don't want to worry about breaking anything.
Nice! There are a few guys in the upstate. Hopefully I can make it down in March! It is about 3 hours away, but I might be able to make it. If we ever put any meet together in the Gville area I will shoot you a pm.

bakerdou

Private
May 13, 2021
Nice! There are a few guys in the upstate. Hopefully I can make it down in March! It is about 3 hours away, but I might be able to make it. If we ever put any meet together in the Gville area I will shoot you a pm.
Hi, sorry to bring this up after so long. But may I ask did your spec stage2+ encounter any slippage @27psi&12degree timing with this turbo?
Besides, did this set of 19T last long with this setup? Any problems afterwards?

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Hi, sorry to bring this up after so long. But may I ask did your spec stage2+ encounter any slippage @27psi&12degree timing with this turbo?
Besides, did this set of 19T last long with this setup? Any problems afterwards?
Still no slippage surprisingly! Turbos are still going strong. Only issues I have had on the setup are a pesky rear o2 sensor code and a vac line failed. I used new OE cloth hose, but will be switching back to silicone.
Thanks for posting this..are these WHP or crank BHPs?
WHP

As a general update I switched to Miltek catback. Very quiet with very little drone for full catless. Would definitely recommend it. I will post up some clips later. I also upgraded intercoolers to an ADE 1000hp. Overall running well. Here is a quick clip from today. Boost really needs to be limit in 1-3rd on street tires. 3rd spins pretty bad at these temps.

bakerdou

Private
May 13, 2021
Glad to know it's still running robustly.
I am running the same turbo setup and using 550i clutch. The clutch runs fine @ 20psi but gives me bad slippage @26psi 8degree timing. Planning to switch it out for an upgrade.
As some twins users reported reliability issues with the twin hybrid setup, I was planning to go single if my twins go bad. So my plan is to upgrade to twin discs clutch directly, though the drivability is a concern.
However, knowing you run well with spec2+ and twins shed a light to this dillema. The spec 3+ type of clutch is now a eligible candidate for my upgrade.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Glad to know it's still running robustly.
I am running the same turbo setup and using 550i clutch. The clutch runs fine @ 20psi but gives me bad slippage @26psi 8degree timing. Planning to switch it out for an upgrade.
As some twins users reported reliability issues with the twin hybrid setup, I was planning to go single if my twins go bad. So my plan is to upgrade to twin discs clutch directly, though the drivability is a concern.
However, knowing you run well with spec2+ and twins shed a light to this dillema. The spec 3+ type of clutch is now a eligible candidate for my upgrade.
Twins disks are gonna have a much better pedal feel than single disks. After about 20k miles at 30 psi on my 6266 setup my spec3+ started to slip occasionally when it got really hot

• Informative
Reactions: SlowE93

bakerdou

Private
May 13, 2021
Twins disks are gonna have a much better pedal feel than single disks. After about 20k miles at 30 psi on my 6266 setup my spec3+ started to slip occasionally when it got really hot
Currently only gonna run 25psi at maximum with the 19T. If stage3+ holds for 6266@30psi guess it will do well for my setup, nice to know that! One thing intimidates me about twin discs is the rough engagement cause I drive in traffic a looooot. Pedal feel comes second if it engages smoothly, it will save me from stalling, a lot:tearsofjoy:

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Currently only gonna run 25psi at maximum with the 19T. If stage3+ holds for 6266@30psi guess it will do well for my setup, nice to know that! One thing intimidates me about twin discs is the rough engagement cause I drive in traffic a looooot. Pedal feel comes second if it engages smoothly, it will save me from stalling, a lot:tearsofjoy:
For me personally I thought the apec 3+ had alot of a rougher engagement and a harder to get going smooth in first. My spec twin disk is so much more forgiving in that area for me

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
For me personally I thought the apec 3+ had alot of a rougher engagement and a harder to get going smooth in first. My spec twin disk is so much more forgiving in that area for me
I've driven my friends 335i with a spec stage 3+, compared to my X clutch organic twin disk his car was easier to leave of the line with. Maybe it's just cause i have 700ish Km's on my clutch. The biggest change for me was how high the cutch engages, made it a little awkward to drive.