RB GF Dyno Results- 93 and e85- 681whp

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Sep 5, 2023
Of course he was super professional when he was selling you stuff. Get back to us when you need customer service on his shit products.

I get your point. You would know better than me, I don't know all the history. I've read some stuff on the forums...

VTT did send me the wrong size Inlets by mistake. I emailed Tony and he resolved it with no issues. Maybe I got lucky. But I'm a happy customer (so far).

Reactions: wheela

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Of course he was super professional when he was selling you stuff. Get back to us when you need customer service on his shit products.

I've installed many of his products and the only issue I had was his double barrels when not installed correctly which many did not know how to
do properly and this emphasizes the people's failure to follow instructions, I explained it to them and they still got it wrong.

Even other leading workshops think they are so experienced and know what they are doing have failed miserably.

Never had an issue with warranty claims or if something wasn't quite right, he was always good to me and my customers.

If you have a shit attitude, you will get the same even from me.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Jackass, you know I dont have F.B. ๐Ÿ™„

This ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿพ

From Facebook:

As a former tester For FrankenTurbo / Shuenk I would like to expose the truth about all my experiences with their Turbos including The Unreleased โ€œF54โ€ Turbos I myself have talked highly about in sheer hope. I can no longer back them up them up for what they are doing now.
The lies, Dougโ€™s persona and even stealing my tuning.
Letโ€™s start with This Morning when I had My pair of โ€œF54โ€™sโ€ Blow up on me, then letโ€™s back track. As you can see in the dragy video I was just starting to get into boost maybe 15psi-20psi then all the sudden heard a pop and smoke come into my cabin with complete loss of boost.
I kept filming after for my documentation and well you can clearly see the rest.. I checked to make sure my engine didnโ€™t blow and thankfully it did not as oil was only coming out of the rear turboโ€™s Downpipe and smoke out the rear turbos inlet and no where else after a thorough investigation . So a few weeks ago after I put the turbos in my car and drove right down to Florida (cruising and no boost the entire journey)
,Once I had arrived I noticed that they were already smoking.. Now my cars vacuum and PCV are in perfect check and I had just took out my old mmps that never smoked on me one time even after they failed. I told Doug (the owner of franken turbo) they were smoking and the dude always insist itโ€™s a problem with my PCV and MY CAR which I tested and was in fact not the case. While they did perform well for the whole 20 pulls I got to do on them, they were not what they claimed to be and do. Spool was worse than my 53/53 MMPs and once they did fully spool @5000rpms the inadequate 47mm turbine wheel wanted to die off and drop boost because Doug decided to put a much larger 51mm compressor and mix up with small turbine wheel. We could not get the F54s to Boost over 31psi at redline no matter how much tuning we did and WGDC @30psi was nearly maxxing out. No boost leaks.
P.S - The Reason they are not out yet everybody is because they donโ€™t fit in your car without HEAVY modifications. they need to work all that out still that I had to go through and report for sake of the testing. Well looks like now they have something else to work out with these turbos..
Now that we got that the f54s are Junk. Letโ€™s back track to another tester Steven Nelson Post the other day in here showing him dyno his car and claiming โ€œ765whpโ€ @28psi.
His numbers are not even close to accurate with my own real world performance data on the same turbos on the SAME EXACT TUNE because infact Steven had stolen my tuning tables and my cars mapping entirely. @30psi here at sea level I was only able to get best 6.2 60-130 out of them which is far from โ€œ765whpโ€ my old MMPs dynod (770whp) on my same car and ran 5.1 60โ€“130 at those power levels.
I was sharing all my logs with them in the group and reported back my 6.2 60-130 which is faster than stevens car will ever go because he does not actually run his car and wonโ€™t as heโ€™s only interested in false computer generated numbers. The Fact steven wants to lie and say he didnโ€™t steal my tune or change up his tune at all is a complete lie and I have all the dates, messages and logs of both his car and my car saved. He works close with Doug and is more than just a tester I really believe, so heโ€™s trying to sell his products for him because Doug knows he messed up with this turbo design and is now stuck with a whole order of them at home right now he canโ€™t sell because of all the issues.
(Stevens F54s are smoking already also you can see this clearly on his dyno video)
Alright Last back track to my set of โ€œF54sโ€ I put in my old 5 series over a year ago now. They also fit like garbage and they actually started smoking so bad after 1000 miles also that my buddy who bought the car off me had to take them off and send them back because they started smoking almost nearly as bad as when I just blew my Turbos up today . We never got to push those over 20psi so we donโ€™t know how long until they blew up.
And lastly my last 2 sets of FrankenTurbos also failed. You guys remember my f21bis? Yeah I never told anyone but those compressors hit the housings and ate up the wheel and also failed.
Those OEM+s I had on the 535xi before the f54s? Yeah the metal waste gate flapper literally broke off completely .
Bottom line is this is all the truth and Im sorry I have not been honest with you guys all this time because I was sponsored by FrankenTurbo and Got all of the turbos for free. I have all the data and documentation on everything to back all my claims up. Iโ€™m telling you all this now because I canโ€™t stand behind a company that spits lies and steals just in order to sell their products. Now Iโ€™m here in beautiful Florida stuck without my 335i until I figure out my next setup, where I can work on the car and after I start making some real money. I donโ€™t want anyone else to have to be in the same position Iโ€™ve been all these years putting new turbos in every other month and I donโ€™t want to be responsible for leading anyone on anymore. Itโ€™s a long ranting post but take this information as you will. This is only to be honest and help the community make the right choice for their Reliability and power goals when choosing a brand of turbos for their cars.

There you go!

VTT is literally a dumpster fire. Search forums or on facebook etc. So much data to be had on that company. A few people still Shill for that company *cough*. I mean there is a reason Tony's mugshot is online for beating a woman. Anyone who uses their products at this point gets what they deserve. Just like giving money to MMP or Frankenturbo etc. Support what ever vendor you want ;) VTT does not even deny this and Chris@VTT made a whole long winded statement about the attack on that woman apologizing and rationalizing the attack for his boss. Thread is on this forum. If anyone thinks there is undue hate on the forums for VTT, just mention them on facebook or the gram and see the responses you get. The forums are TAME compared to social media.

Twins @28psi are making 765whp? Using @suspenceful 's data from his 6266 of full E85:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1503305 <--Remember to support the guy and his new endeavor. Check out his youtube content etc.

So twins which are not as efficient as a 6266 are making more WHP on less boost? @doug@frankenturbo is so full of shit. The guy lied for years, it's like VTT a leopard can't change its spots.

Buyer beware.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 29
  • turboreport.jpg
    turboreport.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
As a former tester For FrankenTurbo / Shuenk I would like to expose the truth about all my experiences with their Turbos including The Unreleased โ€œF54โ€ Turbos I myself have talked highly about in sheer hope. I can no longer back them up them up for what they are doing now.
The lies, Dougโ€™s persona and even stealing my tuning.
Letโ€™s start with This Morning when I had My pair of โ€œF54โ€™sโ€ Blow up on me, then letโ€™s back track. As you can see in the dragy video I was just starting to get into boost maybe 15psi-20psi then all the sudden heard a pop and smoke come into my cabin with complete loss of boost.
I kept filming after for my documentation and well you can clearly see the rest.. I checked to make sure my engine didnโ€™t blow and thankfully it did not as oil was only coming out of the rear turboโ€™s Downpipe and smoke out the rear turbos inlet and no where else after a thorough investigation View attachment 85651. So a few weeks ago after I put the turbos in my car and drove right down to Florida (cruising and no boost the entire journey)
,Once I had arrived I noticed that they were already smoking.. Now my cars vacuum and PCV are in perfect check and I had just took out my old mmps that never smoked on me one time even after they failed. I told Doug (the owner of franken turbo) they were smoking and the dude always insist itโ€™s a problem with my PCV and MY CAR which I tested and was in fact not the case. While they did perform well for the whole 20 pulls I got to do on them, they were not what they claimed to be and do. Spool was worse than my 53/53 MMPs and once they did fully spool @5000rpms the inadequate 47mm turbine wheel wanted to die off and drop boost because Doug decided to put a much larger 51mm compressor and mix up with small turbine wheel. We could not get the F54s to Boost over 31psi at redline no matter how much tuning we did and WGDC @30psi was nearly maxxing out. No boost leaks.
P.S - The Reason they are not out yet everybody is because they donโ€™t fit in your car without HEAVY modifications. they need to work all that out still that I had to go through and report for sake of the testing. Well looks like now they have something else to work out with these turbos..
Now that we got that the f54s are Junk. Letโ€™s back track to another tester Steven Nelson Post the other day in here showing him dyno his car and claiming โ€œ765whpโ€ @28psi.
His numbers are not even close to accurate with my own real world performance data on the same turbos on the SAME EXACT TUNE because infact Steven had stolen my tuning tables and my cars mapping entirely. @30psi here at sea level I was only able to get best 6.2 60-130 out of them which is far from โ€œ765whpโ€ my old MMPs dynod (770whp) on my same car and ran 5.1 60โ€“130 at those power levels.
I was sharing all my logs with them in the group and reported back my 6.2 60-130 which is faster than stevens car will ever go because he does not actually run his car and wonโ€™t as heโ€™s only interested in false computer generated numbers. The Fact steven wants to lie and say he didnโ€™t steal my tune or change up his tune at all is a complete lie and I have all the dates, messages and logs of both his car and my car saved. He works close with Doug and is more than just a tester I really believe, so heโ€™s trying to sell his products for him because Doug knows he messed up with this turbo design and is now stuck with a whole order of them at home right now he canโ€™t sell because of all the issues.
(Stevens F54s are smoking already also you can see this clearly on his dyno video)
Alright Last back track to my set of โ€œF54sโ€ I put in my old 5 series over a year ago now. They also fit like garbage and they actually started smoking so bad after 1000 miles also that my buddy who bought the car off me had to take them off and send them back because they started smoking almost nearly as bad as when I just blew my Turbos up today View attachment 85652. We never got to push those over 20psi so we donโ€™t know how long until they blew up.
And lastly my last 2 sets of FrankenTurbos also failed. You guys remember my f21bis? Yeah I never told anyone but those compressors hit the housings and ate up the wheel and also failed.
Those OEM+s I had on the 535xi before the f54s? Yeah the metal waste gate flapper literally broke off completely View attachment 85653.
Bottom line is this is all the truth and Im sorry I have not been honest with you guys all this time because I was sponsored by FrankenTurbo and Got all of the turbos for free. I have all the data and documentation on everything to back all my claims up. Iโ€™m telling you all this now because I canโ€™t stand behind a company that spits lies and steals just in order to sell their products. Now Iโ€™m here in beautiful Florida stuck without my 335i until I figure out my next setup, where I can work on the car and after I start making some real money. I donโ€™t want anyone else to have to be in the same position Iโ€™ve been all these years putting new turbos in every other month and I donโ€™t want to be responsible for leading anyone on anymore. Itโ€™s a long ranting post but take this information as you will. This is only to be honest and help the community make the right choice for their Reliability and power goals when choosing a brand of turbos for their cars. View attachment 85654

There you go.

VTT is literally a dumpster fire. Search forums or on facebook etc. So much data to be had on that company. I mean there is a reason his mugshot is online for beating a woman. Anyone who uses their products at this point gets what they deserve. Just like giving money to MMP etc.
Is this the same member on SS ?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Is this the same member on SS ?

Name is:
Justin Valentine
https://www.facebook.com/groups/203...0SLnb14p_R3WfEJXMqsAiO6yStn5ABclL&__tn__=R]-R
Steven Nelson your Going to make memes of me when you literally look like a cracked out 80lb EMO kid
1f602.png
1f602.png
your such a loser thatโ€™s all you can do is be tough on internet and continue try and mask your lies
1f602.png
get a life your such a loser in real life youโ€™d never say a thing to anyone in person cause you know this is where your safe to be a little lame

Justin Valentine:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203...0SLnb14p_R3WfEJXMqsAiO6yStn5ABclL&__tn__=R]-R
Jason Voss andโ€ฆ my cars produced greater results than him any one elseโ€™s Twin powered car ever. Bruh my car went faster than the guy you tuned Alex the Russians 30psi flow max + 2600lb gutted car on meth
1f602.png
. Whatโ€™s the point your trying to make? Steven hasnโ€™t came anyone close to the performance data my car has put out
1f602.png

_nc_ohc=KftnDyIlaYEAX-7boqo&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: SlowE93

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Same goes for rob's turbos, every set he sent to oz failed.

My 2nd set of rb turbos didn't last 7k miles as the first set failed within 1000 miles, I don't know about his latest gen ones so can't comment.

He went as far as to boycott oz as we called him out on it and he wouldn't send his products down under and wouldn't honor his warranty.

I still got 2 sets of his failed turbos and a different set that exploded on the dyno.

I can comment on VTT latest gen and that they are brilliant and his b58 turbos are doing good from what's been mentioned earlier.

Reactions: Thunderstorm1250
Sep 5, 2023
Pure TT. In 2023, I take it that they are really the only twin turbo option that is universally considered, by virtually everyone, as reliable and controversy free. Right?

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

RTA

Private
Jun 17, 2020
200k km's on 21 psi, zero issues,
800+ laps at the racetracks
Many autobahn sessions of 4hr+ on high speed

RB's, great quality, great service.

I do use Motul 300r from day 1, great stuff for high temp applications.

hpfiend

Sep 15, 2023
I had a chance to get my car on the Dyno today with the new RB GF turbos and am extremely pleased with the results! All pulls were done on a dynojet in 4th gear. Also these are not glory pulls and should be easy results to replicate.

93 octane @ 18-19psi - 516whp

93 octane @ 25psi- 582 whp

E85- @ 27psi- 681whp

View attachment 31761

View attachment 31762

Mods:
RB GF 19t turbos
RB inlets/ RB outlets
@V8bait tuned MHD flash only
PI intake manifold w/52lb injectors
BMP stage 3 pump
Injen intake
Helix intercooler
Spec stage 2+ clutch

Is this all with the stock OEM transmission

hpfiend

Sep 15, 2023
200k km's on 21 psi, zero issues,
800+ laps at the racetracks
Many autobahn sessions of 4hr+ on high speed

RB's, great quality, great service.

I do use Motul 300r from day 1, great stuff for high temp applications.
Are you using the stock transmission

RTA

Private
Jun 17, 2020
Yes, to be honest, I used to have a ZF box, but for most of the time I have had a DCT. The ZF should have had better cooling, looking at the metrics we analyzed upon removal. The DCT is when heated up propery, a beast that can have a lot of beating and heat. The DCT can handle heats beyond the N54 itself. However im planning to add a dedicated cooler for the gearbox below my car, in the floor. My ambition is to have full control of the temps while beeing on the track.