RB stage 2 turbos getting down!

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Just another update that we are now 15 months into beta/production of the RB Twos N54 product and have sold 20 sets in total (beta began October 2017 and production began September 2018). To date we have seen not one single issue nor have we any open complaints, so literally they have been a flawless product in all thus far. We have about 10 machined sets ready for builds in this latest batch as well and they are $1,999 MSRP.

Due to the extreme success of these RB Two units we have decided for 2019 to put a RB Twos Plus product into motion, thus we have just ordered some slightly larger custom turbines that will be utilized with 17T compressors and ported compressor housing outlets (as such they will require high flow aftermarket outlets).

While the RB Twos are rated for 475-525whp the RB Twos Plus will be rated for 525-575whp- and will be the largest wheeled TD03 centersection offering we will likely ever produce. The RB Two Plus setups should be ready to begin shipping around mid/late February and will be $2,199 MSRP.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: derekgates

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Just another update that we are now 15 months into beta/production of the RB Twos N54 product and have sold 20 sets in total (beta began October 2017 and production began September 2018). To date we have seen not one single issue nor have we any open complaints, so literally they have been a flawless product in all thus far. We have about 10 machined sets ready for builds in this latest batch as well and they are $1,999 MSRP.

Due to the extreme success of these RB Two units we have decided for 2019 to put a RB Twos Plus product into motion, thus we have just ordered some slightly larger custom turbines that will be utilized with 17T compressors and ported compressor housing outlets (as such they will require high flow aftermarket outlets).

While the RB Twos are rated for 475-525whp the RB Twos Plus will be rated for 525-575whp- and will be the largest wheeled TD03 centersection offering we will likely ever produce. The RB Two Plus setups should be ready to begin shipping around mid/late February and will be $2,199 MSRP.

Thanks,
Rob

Certainly looking forward to these! I am saving up for turbo replacements, once my M3 rear end install is complete. I thought my car would have upgraded turbos already but the stock turbos are *still* going (false alarm when an inlet hose was loose).

Amazing news Rob.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Certainly looking forward to these! I am saving up for turbo replacements, once my M3 rear end install is complete. I thought my car would have upgraded turbos already but the stock turbos are *still* going (false alarm when an inlet hose was loose).

Amazing news Rob.

Indeed very great news as you just can't beat affordable upgrades that actually have a proven track record for perfection in reliability- which for that matter has been a trend with our entire portfolio all of which have been current for at 2-3 years now.

Thanks,
Rob

Reactions: Torgus

fazman

Aug 3, 2019
Ride
n54 FBO
Any updates on these Turbos?

If I am interested in getting the RB Two's with the 17T compressor, which outlets are recommended for an 2008 335xi e90 for a solid fitment that won't pop off or melt?

If I won't have time to do a tune right away, are these turbos safe to use with a JB4 G5 piggy back on just a simple Map 5 Autotune setting (I understand I am not getting full advantage of the head room on boost that I am leaving on the table)?

Any drivability issues in this setup?

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT

If I am interested in getting the RB Two's with the 17T compressor, which outlets are recommended for an 2008 335xi e90 for a solid fitment that won't pop off or melt?

If I won't have time to do a tune right away, are these turbos safe to use with a JB4 G5 piggy back on just a simple Map 5 Autotune setting (I understand I am not getting full advantage of the head room on boost that I am leaving on the table)?

Rob got banned lmao best to contact him directly

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC

The OP was a friend of mine, he sold the car a few months back. It was running strong until he sold it and I assume still is. Like others said best to just email Rob directly. For outlets your best choice is probably PSP or VRSF aluminum. It is pretty inexpensive for a license to flash the hybrid turbo JB4 backend map.