Ad: Revshift N54 Motor Mounts

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Yeah I saw they use the material for those and wondered if they could.

Since it's for a 95% track car, I thought it might be nice to be able to swap to softer inserts for the 5%, otherwise billet mounts it is.
@Revshift you guys could certainly capitalize on this, and itd be awesome for all of us!

It'd make your mounts even more unique imo since theres already at least one other vendor offering swappable poly engine mounts for the e9x (Turner, possibly BFI too?) But no good alternatives to metal engine mounts for a solid mount yet. Capitalize capitalize capitalize, please!

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I don't get the whole swappable mount things. Seriously, who on earth is wasting their time to do this? And for what benefit?!

Filippo

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
I don't get the whole swappable mount things. Seriously, who on earth is wasting their time to do this? And for what benefit?!

Filippo
I wouldnt swap them back and forth personally, but I know that being able to swap and rebuild the mounts is one of the things Revshift uses as a major selling point, and we dont have any solid mount options other than aluminum as mentioned above. If anything the "swappability" thing is just nice because you dont have to buy an entire new set imo, I could just rebuild them if the PU/U/whatever gets deformed.

• Agree
Reactions: fmorelli

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I wouldnt swap them back and forth personally, but I know that being able to swap and rebuild the mounts is one of the things Revshift uses as a major selling point, and we dont have any solid mount options other than aluminum as mentioned above. If anything the "swappability" thing is just nice because you dont have to buy an entire new set imo, I could just rebuild them if the PU/U/whatever gets deformed.

I think it is also nice to know you don't have to buy a new set of motor mounts and then try and resell your old mounts. Like if you went too aggressive(or too soft) and you want a different compound you can buy the different pucks and install them. A modular motor mount if you will. It's a smart design imo.

• Agree
Reactions: Panzerfaust

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
IMHO with poly 9 out of 10 times it is going too aggressive. Just don't lol

Here's a simple way to pick. Call a friend over. Stand with your feet spread about 18" apart. Have your friend kick you in the nuts. If you get up in 20 seconds or less, get the harder bushings. See ... no need to have to change to less aggressive bushings - that test is foolproof :grimacing:

But agree with the ability to replace if worn out, etc, definitely a nice design.

Filippo

• Funny
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

Here's a simple way to pick. Call a friend over. Stand with your feet spread about 18" apart. Have your friend kick you in the nuts. If you get up in 20 seconds or less, get the harder bushings. See ... no need to have to change to less aggressive bushings - that test is foolproof :grimacing:

But agree with the ability to replace if worn out, etc, definitely a nice design.

Filippo

Did you just assume my gender?

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i

Filippo
If we had a good product made out of stiff rubber for engine mounts I'd probably go down that road, believe me. Itd be easier to match them with trans mounts if that was the case, but unfortunately it's either OEM (which I stuck with), PU or aluminum right now AFAIK.

Even though my car is more performance/strip oriented at this point, I still think the aluminum mounts would be overkill for me because my car does and will continue to see street use during any nice weather, plus the aluminum mounts for the N54 all drop the engine a bit I believe. I don't mind a decent amount of NVH in a high performance car so I'd be fine with PU/U/Delrin mounts for the engine or trans since we dont have that rubber option (unless you and Barry are cooking one up that wont melt lol), but I get where you're coming from especially in regards to engine mounts.

I have solid monoball shock mounts and hardly notice a difference on the NVH, to me it just feels like more connection to the road but shocks dont vibrate like a motor. I'll likely go with more solid bushings (especially monoball where available) for any other suspension upgrades though when that time comes solely due to performance, but my original post was made just because all the materials are right there as it is - yet theres no option for it which seems silly.