Revshift N54 Motor Mounts

• Dark Theme is now available. Switch at the bottom of the page or in your preferences.

langsbr

Lieutenant
Apr 5, 2017
I asked on Facebook but revshift never replied. What keeps the poly from falling thru the mount? It's there a lip inside the billet mount piece that keeps the 2 poly halfs from falling?

Jul 3, 2018
I asked on Facebook but revshift never replied. What keeps the poly from falling thru the mount? It's there a lip inside the billet mount piece that keeps the 2 poly halfs from falling?
PMM-N5X-5T.jpg

Appears to be a combination of your typical bolt-through poly, along with a lip for the upper portion and the washer + bolt/screw on the bottom. No risk of falling apart like the 034 motor mounts here it seems!

langsbr

Lieutenant
Apr 5, 2017
I saw that picture but I can't tell, is there a lip or shelf on part A3 that prevents the poly from going thru?

fmorelli

Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
I would actually consider shaving down a few pieces by 6mm or so to lower the motor some. I'll need to look at that when the car comes apart again this winter.

Filippo

Jul 3, 2018
I saw that picture but I can't tell, is there a lip or shelf on part A3 that prevents the poly from going thru?
I dont own them personally, but from all the pics I've seen it appears so. Plus look at how everything is held together - the bottom bolt that goes through the washer and bottom poly piece screws into the main shaft that goes through the whole mount - if it was just a wide open gap wouldn't the entire assembly just easily slide right through the mounting bracket? I dont think they'd design an engine mount where the poly is just held in place by the engines weight and gravity, and if they did they probably wouldn't have any positive reviews lol.

Aug 4, 2018
My motor mounts arrive today. Ordered 4/27 and arrived 5/6 priority mail ... quick. It will be a few weeks before the car is back up on the lift and I can install. So it will be a while before I post more.

On first blush everything looks nice and first rate. Appreciate the Made in USA sticker. My guitars, made with all American products, get the same treatment.

Filippo

View attachment 11249
Would love to hear your feedback once installed want to know how much different vibration os compared to oem. Cause have heard with some its unbareable

fmorelli

Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
I posted about Revshift 80a (I believe in this thread). Hardly unbearable. Reasonably minor to me, and I run trans mounts too. I am MT not auto. I'm pleased. I could bump my revs a couple hundred RPM at idle, but so minor for me I haven't bothered.

Filippo

Torgus

Lieutenant
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
I've already posted my review about the revshift but here it goes again...80A MT here, revshift is great. I barely notice the increased NVH but I also understand when you add any solid mounts you can't expect any car to feel like a cushiony luxury car any more. You are specifically trying to remove that feeling by installing these and other solid mounts etc. You install firmer mounts to firm things up...same thing when you install a real suspension or aftermarket turbos etc. You are trying to turn it more performance orientated and less luxury with that comes NVH but very little with the revshift.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.