Ad: Revshift N54 Motor Mounts

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I asked on Facebook but revshift never replied. What keeps the poly from falling thru the mount? It's there a lip inside the billet mount piece that keeps the 2 poly halfs from falling?

Reactions: E92 420

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
I asked on Facebook but revshift never replied. What keeps the poly from falling thru the mount? It's there a lip inside the billet mount piece that keeps the 2 poly halfs from falling?
PMM-N5X-5T.jpg

Appears to be a combination of your typical bolt-through poly, along with a lip for the upper portion and the washer + bolt/screw on the bottom. No risk of falling apart like the 034 motor mounts here it seems!

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I saw that picture but I can't tell, is there a lip or shelf on part A3 that prevents the poly from going thru?

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I would actually consider shaving down a few pieces by 6mm or so to lower the motor some. I'll need to look at that when the car comes apart again this winter.

Filippo

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
I saw that picture but I can't tell, is there a lip or shelf on part A3 that prevents the poly from going thru?
I dont own them personally, but from all the pics I've seen it appears so. Plus look at how everything is held together - the bottom bolt that goes through the washer and bottom poly piece screws into the main shaft that goes through the whole mount - if it was just a wide open gap wouldn't the entire assembly just easily slide right through the mounting bracket? I dont think they'd design an engine mount where the poly is just held in place by the engines weight and gravity, and if they did they probably wouldn't have any positive reviews lol.

Gencheezzy

Private
Aug 4, 2018
Ride
e90 335i 6mt
My motor mounts arrive today. Ordered 4/27 and arrived 5/6 priority mail ... quick. It will be a few weeks before the car is back up on the lift and I can install. So it will be a while before I post more.

On first blush everything looks nice and first rate. Appreciate the Made in USA sticker. My guitars, made with all American products, get the same treatment.

Filippo

View attachment 11249
Would love to hear your feedback once installed want to know how much different vibration os compared to oem. Cause have heard with some its unbareable

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I posted about Revshift 80a (I believe in this thread). Hardly unbearable. Reasonably minor to me, and I run trans mounts too. I am MT not auto. I'm pleased. I could bump my revs a couple hundred RPM at idle, but so minor for me I haven't bothered.

Filippo

Reactions: Panzerfaust

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I've already posted my review about the revshift but here it goes again...80A MT here, revshift is great. I barely notice the increased NVH but I also understand when you add any solid mounts you can't expect any car to feel like a cushiony luxury car any more. You are specifically trying to remove that feeling by installing these and other solid mounts etc. You install firmer mounts to firm things up...same thing when you install a real suspension or aftermarket turbos etc. You are trying to turn it more performance orientated and less luxury with that comes NVH but very little with the revshift.

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
I installed the 95A (green) poly motor mounts and had some vibration at idle. It slowly became worse, so I swapped out for the 80A (black) poly and interestingly things became worse. Seems my N55 idles roughly and the 80A helps it to create a resonance with the body of the car. The 95A wasn't as bad. Anyone else run into a rough idle issue where fueling and timing are all good under load? I'm trying fuel additive now to see if it's an injector issue. I'm starting to wonder how much the O2 sensor applies at idle. Looking for thoughts to troubleshoot so I can keep these installed.

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
I installed the 95A (green) poly motor mounts and had some vibration at idle. It slowly became worse, so I swapped out for the 80A (black) poly and interestingly things became worse. Seems my N55 idles roughly and the 80A helps it to create a resonance with the body of the car. The 95A wasn't as bad. Anyone else run into a rough idle issue where fueling and timing are all good under load? I'm trying fuel additive now to see if it's an injector issue. I'm starting to wonder how much the O2 sensor applies at idle. Looking for thoughts to troubleshoot so I can keep these installed.

It's just NVH. I had to raise my idle to 950 rpm to make it tolerable. Are you auto or manual?

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Fwiw I had solid aluminum motor and trans mounts and barely noticed any increase in NVH until I went to a twin disc clutch. After that I had to go back to the stock mounts the NVH was so bad. Also made the clutch harder to use since there was no slip in drivetrain movement at clutch engagement.

• Informative
Reactions: Asbjorn

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
It's just NVH. I had to raise my idle to 950 rpm to make it tolerable. Are you auto or manual?

DCT with factory dual mass. I can only set idle (inpa) up to 800 across neutral (with and without A/C), and in drive (with and without a/c). MHD let's me go higher, but only in true neutral, like an auto. The M3 dct prog works fine with drive idle set higher.

Is the N55 that rough of a motor at idle? Trying fuel cleaner for the injectors now and new plugs.

• Informative
Reactions: Asbjorn

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
Any chance these could come in 75D or only 95A max?
They do have 75D trans mounts for our cars, I dont think they make our engine mounts in 75D but they have the material and molds already. They might be able to make one for you specifically if you wanted 75D engine mounts.

Flinchy

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Australia
They do have 75D trans mounts for our cars, I dont think they make our engine mounts in 75D but they have the material and molds already. They might be able to make one for you specifically if you wanted 75D engine mounts.
Yeah I saw they use the material for those and wondered if they could.

Since it's for a 95% track car, I thought it might be nice to be able to swap to softer inserts for the 5%, otherwise billet mounts it is.