RFPtuning Full E85?

Prototype007

Lurker
Aug 8, 2018
So I see RFPtuning says they have full E85 maps and I haven’t seen anything about requiring port injection or dual hpfp’s, just upgrading the stock pump.

Anyone care to explain how he’s got this to work and other tuners have not?

I’ve got a feeling the data comparisons will be interesting.

Attachments

• 86EEC768-4015-491A-B8C1-1AF085997724.png
    86EEC768-4015-491A-B8C1-1AF085997724.png
    293.4 KB · Views: 62

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Why would you need PI for full e85? It really just depends on the power you want to make. You can run full e85 100% stock until around 360whp or so, maybe more. Just can't max out the turbos since you're fueling limited.

lmao, exactly

This is comical. Full E85 has been done for years. This is nothing new. Im not sure how people think he just figured something out. We've (meaning the experienced tuners) have been doing full E85 since before Flex Fuel, and have been doing it after. Its all about balance and understanding the limits.

From two years ago for example......

Screenshot_20190516-193517_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: typedRew

Prototype007

Lurker
Aug 8, 2018
Why would you need PI for full e85? It really just depends on the power you want to make. You can run full e85 100% stock until around 360whp or so, maybe more. Just can't max out the turbos since you're fueling limited.

I guess my view is just different. I’m looking to lay down the fastest pass I can on the stockers and don’t see the point of full E85 if you’re not running the car at it’s true potential.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
I guess my view is just different. I’m looking to lay down the fastest pass I can on the stockers and don’t see the point of full E85 if you’re not running the car at it’s true potential.

You answered your own question of why it's not done more often. On e50 and stock turbos you can make the same power as above. And make some more torque with boost increase. And less stress on the HPFP.

Full E85 on stock twins and fuel system is done mainly out of convenience of not having to mix.

Boils down to what the owner wants.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive

He meant stock down to the fuel pump.

You can do FBO and 450+ E85 straight with a pump upgrade.

Tiron

Lurker
Oct 10, 2018
Ride
BMW 135i

I've been running full E85 and as much boost as my turbos can push (~18psi midrange) on all stock fueling components for a while, a lot of these threads don't consider that people in Colorado or Utah just can't get as much power as the guy in LA. Altitude sucks like that, and these tiny turbos choke up fast.

I'm pretty sure at my altitude the fastest pass I will make is on full E85. I do my own tuning, but for someone who doesn't a tune like this is at least available.

My last dyno was SAE 375whp 470wtq

EDIT: Also, could not be more glad I switched from mixing to straight E85. I mixed for a long time because everyone said "it can't be done" on a stock pump. Get some logs and try it, is the only way to know.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
So I see RFPtuning says they have full E85 maps and I haven’t seen anything about requiring port injection or dual hpfp’s, just upgrading the stock pump.
Anyone care to explain how he’s got this to work and other tuners have not?
@BQTuning did my car - stock turbos @ 19psi, 450LPFP and lines, running flex fuel with BQTuning E85. Car screams for stock turbos. Been like that for about a year. Along with the tuners above, this has been going on for a while ...

Filippo

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I've been running full E85 and as much boost as my turbos can push (~18psi midrange) on all stock fueling components for a while, a lot of these threads don't consider that people in Colorado or Utah just can't get as much power as the guy in LA. Altitude sucks like that, and these tiny turbos choke up fast.

I'm pretty sure at my altitude the fastest pass I will make is on full E85. I do my own tuning, but for someone who doesn't a tune like this is at least available.

My last dyno was SAE 375whp 470wtq

EDIT: Also, could not be more glad I switched from mixing to straight E85. I mixed for a long time because everyone said "it can't be done" on a stock pump. Get some logs and try it, is the only way to know.
Your numbers are just like what I get (Virtual Dyno) having a similar setup.