DIY Saved IS

335is02

Corporal
Mar 10, 2018
Ride
2012 BMW 335is
Do you have pics of the down pipe?

Also how do your coils sit on those plugs? I ended up trimming mine so they sit flush.
Ok new update on my downpipe went complete other way with this now. I left it with a 3’ vband after the flex Incase I want to remove latter and just do 3’ all the way back.Also recirculated the dump. Was driving home when radiator sprung leak so back to Garage for a few days. My error forgot to bolt down the fan and some how moved enough so blade made contact with radiator. So new fan also. Luckily found one off of a x5 so should receive it in a few days and swap over into my IS shroud. These IS fans are Not cheap lol.

Car sounds amazing with the recirculating dump pipe even with stock exhaust.
4374B901-695D-462F-A747-BC2A46D5C720.jpeg
CF03AB34-B5D3-4377-BB0C-D09BC0B5C159.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: doublespaces

335is02

Corporal
Mar 10, 2018
Ride
2012 BMW 335is
Ok new update on my downpipe went complete other way with this now. I left it with a 3’ vband after the flex Incase I want to remove latter and just do 3’ all the way back.Also recirculated the dump. Was driving home when radiator sprung leak so back to Garage for a few days. My error forgot to bolt down the fan and some how moved enough so blade made contact with radiator. So new fan also. Luckily found one off of a x5 so should receive it in a few days and swap over into my IS shroud. These IS fans are Not cheap lol.

Update on this build guys I finished the about two weeks ago installed a csf allumnim radiator picked up for 340 could pass it up and fixed my broken radiator fan with a used one off of a 2011 bmw 335i GT fan. It is the same as ours just different plug and housing changes, but seeing I had both those items from my fan easy switch and it only cost me $128 and if any of you guys running the 850watt fan these things are expensive so Incase any one has a issue this could be an option for you also.

I been running it since trying to log and make sure all is helathy before I strap it on a dyno.

Car feels great pulls extremely well I stopped at 20 pounds of boost car is all over the place on limited traction and my MTs don’t arrive until tomorrow. Then I can find out if the trans could handle a little more with the stock clutch.

Switched to apex arc8 et35 17/ 91/2 in rear with a 275/40/17 tire hopefully no massaging needed.

I’ll update with logs and dyno charts to see how this bottom mount does very soon.
148D280F-340B-4720-8230-583B9ADF71E0.jpeg
D36EEE4A-AF5D-4F6A-8324-86669F3397B0.jpeg
42747C5C-58C5-40CD-8D1E-BE87A684A965.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: doublespaces

Vdkk

Private
Sep 3, 2018
Ride
335 e92
Amazing work bro. This is literally what I do for fun at my shop when customer cars are done. It's the most fun I have with cars now a days. (Aside from driving) Taking a fucked car and making it perfect, then going beyond.

You guys did a phenomenal job with the paint work. Everyone is into wraps now a days. But nothing is better then a clean proper spray.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Nice work! It takes brains to get all this stuff right so good job. Hopefully you get to enjoy the car!

335is02

Corporal
Mar 10, 2018
Ride
2012 BMW 335is
Amazing work bro. This is literally what I do for fun at my shop when customer cars are done. It's the most fun I have with cars now a days. (Aside from driving) Taking a fucked car and making it perfect, then going beyond.

You guys did a phenomenal job with the paint work. Everyone is into wraps now a days. But nothing is better then a clean proper spray.
Thanks we dumped so much clear as a top coat to give us room to be able to color sand it and buff until finish was like a mirror. And we let it bake for weeks before the initial color sand or buff to make sure it hardened properly. The ceramic coating really brought out the color also, two coats of ceramic and one final of high gliss three total really topped it. Man sound great to do this just for fun it doesn’t even fell like work at that point congrats.
Oh and yea to each it’s own but prefer paint over wraps also.

Last edited:

335is02

Corporal
Mar 10, 2018
Ride
2012 BMW 335is
Nice work! It takes brains to get all this stuff right so good job. Hopefully you get to enjoy the car!
Thanks greatly appreciate the kind words Felt like Everything needed to be adjusted on this build fought me every step of the way but that’s what made it feel better When it was finished “they never are”. Hopefully enjoy it for a while now. Think map 3 at 20pounds is going to be my limit. about to log a map4 see how the trans likes it but I get a slight squeak from the trans seems like when I turn the car off after hard pulls like a squeaky belt really sudle but maybe Clutha or flywheel thinking. Might have to put in that single mass from Mfactory now just to make sure.