Servotronic on a 335i

carabuser

Corporal
Oct 2, 2019
UK
The Z4 comes with EPS only from the factory so it was already enabled. It's just the servotronic option that changes the steering assist map at low speeds to make the wheel lighter. To enable servotronic on my car I just edited the "variant coding" setting in the EPS module using ProTool.

I think the servotronic option for hydraulic steering racks works very differently to the EPS racks since your steering assist will be controlled by the JBBF module.

AzNdevil

Sergeant
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
The Z4 comes with EPS only from the factory so it was already enabled. It's just the servotronic option that changes the steering assist map at low speeds to make the wheel lighter. To enable servotronic on my car I just edited the "variant coding" setting in the EPS module using ProTool.

I think the servotronic option for hydraulic steering racks works very differently to the EPS racks since your steering assist will be controlled by the JBBF module.
thanks, didnt realize you had z4.. anyways the jbbf compatibility is the same as a 1M and a 335is (post 2007/09 build date car)
maybe only these jbbfs have provision for driving the servotronics... there are some pinout differences compared to my jbbf from what i can see

Boony

May 10, 2019
Bumping this awesome thread!

I just installed an M3 rack on my e90 335I 02/2007 build date. Everything seems legit no errors at all, will be getting an alignment Monday. Of course would like some more PS assist.

I currently bought whatever JBBFE3R I could find and will definitely be trying to get some ground work done to get this retrofit going before it comes in.

Just wanted to pop in to say hello as my first post here, and hopefully get some help if need be later on!

• 1Like
Reactions: AzNdevil