Sharp Customs N54 Sheet Metal Port Injection Intake Manifold: Testing and Future Review!

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
www.nelsonracingwheel.com
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Alright, we are getting another manifold sent shortly. This one will have the revised fuel rail for those who are concerned.

@101duck you asked me for a sample manifold on N54Tech, not sure why if you have one in a box?

These should fit the Bosch EV16 injectors as well if you do decide to run those like all the other PI kits.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
I see other manifold manufactures or here, so I will chime in. I have had prob more intake manifolds for the N54 than anyone. Starting with EOS, is it a bad product, not at all. The main issues I had with it, it adds no power, and weighs a TON. Literally its ridiculously heavy. To me that was enough to remove, and sell it. I've also had the doc race manifold, which is nice, makes a little power, but makes the car very hard to work on, on the driver side. This manifold with a few revisions should be great option in terms of flow, and most important at least in my book, weight savings. Honestly the first few revisions of this manifold are bad, like really bad. But the over all quality is very good, as far as materials, and build quality. I'm pretty sure I know why the details are off. They sent me the photos of the car they developed it on. It looks like a 535 N55, not exactly the best vehicle as many things on it are different. If they fix the glaring issues, nothing should be able to compete with it, as far as price, and function. I am sure we will run it for a little while, then try something else as they come out. We literally buy, test everything, then give our unbiased opinion, sometimes these opinions step on toes, we don't really care about that. Bottom line, if I am going to add a part to my car that isn't going to add power, I at least want it to not weigh 5 times as much as the stock part its replacing. Simple logic regarding, function over form. I will keep everyone up to date on how this manifold shakes out, as I think its a decent option.

Last edited:

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Agreed, I got those same pics and it was an N55 535i test car.

Luckily on the inatek side it's relatively the same, my concern is CP and BOV fittings but will test the 3rd revision of the manifold.

We are going to get some mailed to us, this will be my literal 3rd update in 30 days. They want this to work as much as we do. Can't beat that rapid prototyping honestly.

Also they fixed the fuel rail holders but Roger updated it with the full length injector so I had to correct it for the usual shorty ones we see for EOS/FUELIT/ADE etc.

They use the hanger style on the M52 car they have but that motor only sees maybe 3.5 bar compared to our 5+ bar systems low side alone.

EMC

Nov 7, 2016
Shelby Twp, MI
No.

If you are just now hopping into a thread throwing around questions without first searching or having any sort of critical though of your own, I won't answer.

It's not "arrogant" it's called choice, and my choice is to field another question.

Simple as that.

I came here expecting to see a "Billet Intake Manifold" but there's nothing to be found. Just some soft aluminum sheet metal that was pressed into runner halves.

I was probably disappointed because I looked at the "Billet Valve Cover" thread before this and there was something actually made from a billet piece of aluminum.

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Fascinating. I ate a brownie once too...

Lol but in all seriousness this is a review thread, not an item I physically make nor want to. This is a Mig Welded w/Billet parts as I'm told.

Now will I speculate the details given to me about it, no. Nor would I care to especially since the technicalities of anything aren't worth discussing aside from: does it fit, does it work, does it have value?

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Alright another update.

The manifold is being redone to accept a shorty snub nose style injector (I.e. Bosch EV6/16 54lb style) and will have a new hold down for the fuel rail that is similar to the spacers. - bolted to the manifold instead of a hanger.

Updated manifold should be shipping soon and once that arrives I'll install asap. I literally have 2 of these in my living room... Maybe I'll make a table out of them lol.

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
IMG_5272.jpg
And here we are FYI

Reactions: Stucks

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Sure do, you're just looking in the wrong thread :D

I'm on revision 8 or 9 of my actual billet manifold, and I used a car to build from. Crazy that a manufacturer is having an end user find out these issues, props to you for working with them and the back and forth!

When do you announce your pre order?

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Yes I got back with some adjustments.

Revisions for the 3rd Manifold are:
-LS7 Style injectors work
-Fuel rail is now a tie down
-MAP sensor on Manifold is now shorter
-Throttle body flange adjusted.

This should be the final and most readily working one, I will install once I get it in the mail. I'm hoping for next weekend!

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
I have to say I'm impressed, Roger took all my feedback, and fixed every issue right away. The final version looks really nice. Looking forward to getting it, as we can finish the ultimate intake manifold test

Reactions: doublespaces