Sharp Customs N54 Sheetmetal Intake group buy thread.

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
www.nelsonracingwheel.com
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Carl,

It SHOULD. I wish i could tell you 100% it will but i am 95% confident it will fit. There was a tester oversees who got this to fit without issue on a 535XI. I personally havent had a chance to install one on a 5er yet.

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Here is my dyno comparison also. Prior was 498whp/e65 fuel/21.5psi MAXED out fuel system. Latest dyno with SC manifold and PI on E70 w/24psi of boost made 526.22whp and 592.61TQ.

Usable WHP is CRAZY GOOD (see pic) and the overall bump is +23whp and +70tq!

Note that the stock fueling system does not allow for boost beyond 21psi wihtout having severe fuel pressure issues which can take your motor. With the PI manifold those worries are GONE! :)
compare.png

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Just an update for you guys.

I have developed a boost leak which I am assuming is from the Manifold gaskets like Tony Vargas had mentioned happened to his shop car.

Ive been working with Roger and Sharp to have them develope a new gasket to ensure the heat generated by the N54. Actually it's mostly Tony Vargas being a good guy and telling everybody what would work and I'm just making sure it all stays current with you guys.

So expect a higher quality more heat resistant gasket with your pre-orders! :)

lil_bro

Lurker
Nov 7, 2016
houston
Just an update for you guys.

I have developed a boost leak which I am assuming is from the Manifold gaskets like Tony Vargas had mentioned happened to his shop car.

Ive been working with Roger and Sharp to have them develope a new gasket to ensure the heat generated by the N54. Actually it's mostly Tony Vargas being a good guy and telling everybody what would work and I'm just making sure it all stays current with you guys.

So expect a higher quality more heat resistant gasket with your pre-orders! :)

What was your log looking like when you have that boost leak?
Was your fuel trims deviating from each other more than 10% and did it caused a misfire?

I would like to see your log if that's ok because I'm trying to troubleshoot the same problem and wanted to see if your log is looking like mine.

Sharp

Private
Nov 21, 2016
Tampa
Last edited:

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Lil_Bro:

My log shows high PWM nearing 96 which is the max on a lower boost target, timing pulls usually come from the leaking manifold CYL which should not occur on a 100% E85 fuel.

I also am no longer meeting my 25psi boost target but stuck at 21psi. I have tested the VTT Stage 1 turbo prior and its capable of hitting 27psi mid range (4krpm - 5500rpm) taper to redline of about 22psi.

So these variables are causing issue which is clear on the logs i have now. Fuel Trims are also spiking much higher for the HPFP which again makes me think there is a leak on CYL 1 - 3 - 4 - 5 combined.

The GOOD NEWS however is now we are developing a new gasket which will exceed the OEM gaskets in heat resistance and their ability to seal correctly. I will let everybody know the new gaskets arrive and i install into the manifold.

Feb 1, 2017
@Snelson3003 i am going to get the ECS fuel injector kit you linked. Is there any way you could link me to the BMS PI controller? There is no search feature on their site and i cant find it anywhere. I will email them if i need to but i was hoping you would have it. Also, is there anything else you can think of that i will need? P.S. I am very happy they are coming in polished now. I already sent payment for mine.

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
@Snelson3003 i am going to get the ECS fuel injector kit you linked. Is there any way you could link me to the BMS PI controller? There is no search feature on their site and i cant find it anywhere. I will email them if i need to but i was hoping you would have it. Also, is there anything else you can think of that i will need? P.S. I am very happy they are coming in polished now. I already sent payment for mine.

Here you go buddy. Drop down menu, the last one will be the JB4 PI controller.

http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_secondary_fuel_line_adapter_fuel_Injectors_BMW.html

Reactions: Snelson3003

Jamesbuk

Private
Feb 4, 2017
I will extend the GB for another week to see if we can get a couple more ordered. I have 5 total, but lets see if we can get at least another 5 on board.

so far i have:
MachineMade919 black
Sshec152 polished
redbullgotwings polished
Jburner82 black
Clintmemore black
tekkies2 black (pending$)

Put me down for +2

Also, I'm from the UK and would like to purchase the injectors/fittings discussed in the other thread for 100% certainty that they will work etc. Is there anyway I could get those sent to your shop for you to include in the box??