Sharp Customs N54 Sheetmetal Intake group buy thread.

Feb 1, 2017
PM the OP with a PayPal address and the order. Also it's just as easy to order from ECS yourself and have it shipped to you. No offense but he's already doing enough for us organizing this group buy on top of his day job, we don't need to add more to his plate.

Jamesbuk

Private
Feb 4, 2017
PM the OP with a PayPal address and the order. Also it's just as easy to order from ECS yourself and have it shipped to you. No offense but he's already doing enough for us organizing this group buy on top of his day job, we don't need to add more to his plate.
No offence taken bro :)! I think I already PMd him a while back but thought I'd add myself to the list and give the thread a bump at the same time... This is a shop (sharp) we are taking about lol, they aren't offering this out of the goodness of their heart.. all the same I appreciate them offering a group buy deal on it and I didn't think it would be much of a big deal to empty a box (injectors and some fittings) into another box before shipping it out. Other vendors I've used have been more than happy to oblige.

Last edited:
Reactions: doublespaces

camberadam

Sergeant
Feb 15, 2017
Baltimore
Ride
Tasmin Green e92
I pm'd him yesterday as well, i'm about 75% on pulling the trigger. My issue is the o-rings.

Any reason why the flange isn't/can't be machined to match the oem flange ring grooves? I don't remember reading a reason as to why.

Reactions: Sshec152

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
www.nelsonracingwheel.com
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Even with the OEM o-rings the added heat transition from the aluminum creates a higher flange temperature. Ive seen the OEM gaskets melt through with the PI spacer kits too. Actually a few times not just once.

I will have the updated gaskets next week that are completely custom to this manifold. Meaning there will be no other o-rings like this except for ones found on the 800+whp 2JZ's motors (this is where we got the idea from).

Those make a TON of heat and use a similar manifold too. So these gaskets i'm guessing everybody will want but only will be available through SC. Heck id bet $$ on other PI vendors reaching out to buy some gaskets just to know they wont melt since there are no other true options aside from Vitton/OEM. And yes, the Vitton ones have melted too from what i have heard.

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
A large portion of the cost savings is by doing this yourself. If you want to have SC or anybody else get the parts for you please expect added costs. This is done out of the goodness of SC's heart since they could charge 699.99 EASILY and still be under the cost for most plates and other manifolds on the market.

If you do not want to put in the work to gather parts, i would advise you to check out EOS option. They have a full kit that also increases intake temps 30* after a pull for $1859.99. Its a great great product, i can say that. And another point, im sure we all have seen how the vendors suddenly dropped their prices on their PI kits. Odd to me that those have a $500+ markup huh? ;)

Jamesbuk

Private
Feb 4, 2017
A large portion of the cost savings is by doing this yourself. If you want to have SC or anybody else get the parts for you please expect added costs. This is done out of the goodness of SC's heart since they could charge 699.99 EASILY and still be under the cost for most plates and other manifolds on the market.

If you do not want to put in the work to gather parts, i would advise you to check out EOS option. They have a full kit that also increases intake temps 30* after a pull for $1859.99. Its a great great product, i can say that. And another point, im sure we all have seen how the vendors suddenly dropped their prices on their PI kits. Odd to me that those have a $500+ markup huh? ;)

The whole thing behind this being a "DIY" is what caught my interest in the first place, I wasn't looking for anyone to source the parts or do anything other than chuck the bits that I ordered from the supplier mentioned your other progress thread into the same shipping box as the manifold. Just because I'm in the uk and it will mean more down time to try and source the bits when you already put in the leg work! It's not a problem though I'm still interested in two and will pull the trigger as soon as you have the revised gaskets in?

Reactions: Snelson3003

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
You may wait but know the cost will go up after the GB, that is out of my control honestly. I don't sell these manifolds myself i am just the tester who put the time in to ensure a great product is offered. And gosh darnit, i will see this through until the end.

I can tell you that myself and SC are committed to a seamless install and the expected performance. It would have been much easier to just tell people to source their own gaskets (and i did at one point) but truthfully being a vendor(stickers and other items) - I sought to find a more simple option. As i start to launch my own products (not a manifold) i wanted to make my namesake coherent with quality and service.

That is why I made the added effort to source a new gasket and put pressure onto our suppliers to innovate something that will work. I will have the new gaskets next week and install as soon as I can. I will then be testing some other items which will push the limits of the manifold. (nothing PI related but rather a turbocharger based).

Reactions: Jamesbuk

Jamesbuk

Private
Feb 4, 2017
Appreciate that...I followed the other progress thread very closely so completely understand the effort you have put into it!! Well on that basis I'm ready to make payment now for 2? I'm guessing they will be shipped with the updated/revised gasket?

Looking forward to seeing how far you push this with upgraded turbo/s too Bro!

Reactions: Snelson3003

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Yes the manifolds will ship with the new gaskets as promised.

I will be offering an item for sale after i get my prototype V2 back from finishing. I've spent too much time on the performance aspect and will be moving to a more... interior based modification. But I will not thread jack from SC lol.

If you have Q's feel free to post here or N5X Enthusiasts (I'm there a lot too)

Feb 1, 2017
@lil_bro you cant PM cuz you dont have enough reputation, its a weird thing this site does. Post your email and OP will get back to you.

@Snelson3003 are these gaskets reuseable? Also even if they are will the gaskets be for sale individually cuz over the life of this car im sure i will need a few and i would like to buy some now so i dont have to remember this thread 3 years down the road.

Also great news everyone!!!!! ECStuning has dropped the price of the injector kit t $350!!!!! thats $100 off the original price. Limited qty sale so buy them up!!

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-evolution-of-speed-parts/n54-fueling-kit/b1006~eos/

Jamesbuk

Private
Feb 4, 2017
@Snelson3003 are these gaskets reuseable? Also even if they are will the gaskets be for sale individually cuz over the life of this car im sure i will need a few and i would like to buy some now so i dont have to remember this thread 3 years down the road.

That's a good point actually... would be good to have the option of purchasing a couple spares or the specs/details to allow us to order elsewhere should we need it!

Also great news everyone!!!!! ECStuning has dropped the price of the injector kit t $350!!!!! thats $100 off the original price. Limited qty sale so buy them up!!

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-evolution-of-speed-parts/n54-fueling-kit/b1006~eos/

Thanks for the link, it's still showing as $450 my end tho? Is the discount applied on checkout or something?

Feb 1, 2017
@Jamesbuk I'm not sure, I had it added to my wish list and it updated me. Maybe cuz I have an account? Maybe cuz I have an account and it was in a wish list? I'm not sure. My screen shows a 21% discount when I click the item..

Feb 1, 2017
Worst case you could just do the live chat and ask them why the discount doesn't show up. Their live chat us very helpful and knowledgeable

Snelson3003

Sergeant
Nov 7, 2016
Denver
Ride
2010 BMW 135i
Dang I missed the sale too! For tree fiddly I'd buy another fueling set just to have in case I wanted the injectors as a spare set.

Good point on the gaskets guys, I didn't think about the reusable part. I will get my set next week and will talk to them to see how hard it is to send SC or I several sets so we can have them on hand.

We may not need additional sets as the gaskets I'm told are very very good, but it'd be nice to know about getting more if needed.

Reactions: redbullgotwings

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
@lil_bro you cant PM cuz you dont have enough reputation, its a weird thing this site does. Post your email and OP will get back to you.

That shouldn't be true. We were testing a feature like this to cut back on spam, but it showed a notice that you were a brand new member and that you needed to make a post first, etc. And that has not been deployed yet to the live site. XenForo uses "Conversations" and not "Private Messages".

@lil_bro you should be able to click on someone's name on the left and click "Start a Conversation". The reason they aren't typical private messages, is because you can actually add more people to that specific conversation and other things like edit the message etc.

Once you click someone, their member card appears:
8Vrdaio.png

Alternatively, you can just click Inbox at the top and click Start a New Conversation:

gHLH45s.png

If for some wild reason you don't have those options, let me know I'll figure it out.