Single turbo overboosting

Aschlokk

Lurker
Jan 16, 2020
Ride
E90 N54 LCI
Hey guys,

Im having overboosting issues with my ST.
Boost Controller is off, but the boost is climbing to 23 psi on peak then Falls to ~13 psi on redline.

Wastegate is a turbosmart hypergate 45 Gen V
With a 14psi spring.

Boost controller is greddy profec.
When im Setting low boost with 1% Set and 5% gain the car makes 25+ psi. (Boost always over Target)

I already checked the lines.
Is it possible that the wastegate ist jamming?

Turbo is a turbobandit TB70 T4
Manifold: speedtech ST kit

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
We had this problem with our single kit, I blew out the lines with compressed air and and blew out the turbo waste gate by unplugging the second port and blow compressed air through the other end, I also used my finger to block the port to operate the gate so it moves up and down which helped free it up and blow our all excess oil.

We had oil in ours for some reason and it would get stuck and wouldn't operate properly.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

Aschlokk

Lurker
Jan 16, 2020
Ride
E90 N54 LCI
We had this problem with our single kit, I blew out the lines with compressed air and and blew out the turbo smart gate by unplugging the second port and blow compressed air through the over end, I also used my finger to block the port to operate the gate so it moves up and down which helped free it up and blow our all excess oil.

We had oil in ours for some reason and it would get stuck and wouldn't operate properly.
Should i unplug the wastegate from the Mac an blew it out? So pump air into the lower Port?