Single Turbo peeps... what O2 sensors?

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
I've now got 3k miles on NTK's since going single, no issues yet. I would still like to get them moved to the downpipe eventually though

Reactions: veer90

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
I've now got 3k miles on NTK's since going single, no issues yet. I would still like to get them moved to the downpipe eventually though

Keep them bank to bank, easier to pin point an issue if there is any.

The Banshee

Corporal
Nov 18, 2017
Lehigh Valley PA
Ride
2008 335xi coupe 6466 MT
Keep them bank to bank, easier to pin point an issue if there is any.
Some have burned through the NTK's as well although not as frequent as the Bosch. I burned through my originals and another set of new Bosch already. Next set will be NTK. I get your point about troubleshooting but it gets costly and is a pain if they go and you are far from home. NTK's are more expensive than Bosch and It's a shame about the ADV sensors being hit or miss.

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
Yeah even if issues are easier to troubleshoot, it's not worth the risk to reliability to me. The pre-turbine environment is just too harsh for any wide-range lambda sensor

Reactions: rac

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Yeah even if issues are easier to troubleshoot, it's not worth the risk to reliability to me. The pre-turbine environment is just too harsh for any wide-range lambda sensor

Never mind some antilag...
I'm surprised the n54 community hasn't pressed harder for single bank development. Wide band issues, even if just a reliability nuisance, surely outnumber false knock issues by a huge number.

Gus1985

Jan 28, 2020
Argentina
Ride
Bmw n54 DOC RACE 6466 ST + PI
Hello I am a new member. I have a n54 AT ST DOC RACE 6466 + PI METH + fbo. runing pump gas + methanol ( no e85 on my country).

As a ST I am having so many headackes .
I am running ST since 2200km aprox
I installed the ST KIT and fried bank 1 oem o2 sensors. Then I installed ntk and 50miles after I fried ntk sensors bank1.
Then I tried a kind of spacer ( homemade I think.. ) and I fried bank1 o2 sensor ( I replaced previosuly the ntk by oem bosch).
After that I bought innovate heat sink extender.. so I tried bank1 with new bosch oem + heat sink extender and the old ntk + heat sink extender on bank 2... and I fried ntk sensor.
Last config was two bosch sensor + heat sink extender... yesterday after some pulls I fried bank2 o2 sensor.

So... I fried 3 times bank1 o2 sensor and 2 times bank2 o2 sensors in 2200km aprox.
It seems to be much more often than usual ST users.
As I am running pump gas may be I am having more egts. (??)
I don't know what else to do.
Advs don't seem to be an option for me as some many have to many problems with that and are really expensive. Don't worth it. If they were the solution, i will buy them of course.

Last thing I will try is to put a kind of metalic difusor between the sensor and the manifold. As they are near the turbo and top mount my be they don"t recive enough fresh air... ( as they originally are at the bottom)
Has somebody try this?? Or is it a dumb idea??? I looked that in other platforms
I am just an enthusiastic.. I wish I have a performance tunning shop to take I look. At this point , I just want the car to run despite of the money

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190629-150541_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190629-150541_Chrome.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 85

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Hello I am a new member. I have a n54 AT ST DOC RACE 6466 + PI METH + fbo. runing pump gas + methanol ( no e85 on my country).

As a ST I am having so many headackes .
I am running ST since 2200km aprox
I installed the ST KIT and fried bank 1 oem o2 sensors. Then I installed ntk and 50miles after I fried ntk sensors bank1.
Then I tried a kind of spacer ( homemade I think.. ) and I fried bank1 o2 sensor ( I replaced previosuly the ntk by oem bosch).
After that I bought innovate heat sink extender.. so I tried bank1 with new bosch oem + heat sink extender and the old ntk + heat sink extender on bank 2... and I fried ntk sensor.
Last config was two bosch sensor + heat sink extender... yesterday after some pulls I fried bank2 o2 sensor.

So... I fried 3 times bank1 o2 sensor and 2 times bank2 o2 sensors in 2200km aprox.
It seems to be much more often than usual ST users.
As I am running pump gas may be I am having more egts. (??)
I don't know what else to do.
Advs don't seem to be an option for me as some many have to many problems with that and are really expensive. Don't worth it. If they were the solution, i will buy them of course.

Last thing I will try is to put a kind of metalic difusor between the sensor and the manifold. As they are near the turbo and top mount my be they don"t recive enough fresh air... ( as they originally are at the bottom)
Has somebody try this?? Or is it a dumb idea??? I looked that in other platforms
I am just an enthusiastic.. I wish I have a performance tunning shop to take I look. At this point , I just want the car to run despite of the money

My ADVs have been fine fwiw. But they do not seem to work for some people who then usually move on to use the NTKs I believe. Might be worth it.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
Reviving a dormant thread.
I myself am still getting codes
2C2E - Lambda probe in front of catalytic converter 2
2C2D - Lambda probe in front of catalytic converter 1
It's more pronounced in the beginning of driving after getting on full throttle.codes come up after off throttle.i would clear the codes and wont come back till a little while after.
I'm using the adv since going single turbo and I have ije0s.from going over this thread again It looks like most guys with ije0s are having this issue so wonder if tuning needs to be different for certain dme's?
I have thought about trying the ntk`s.Or possibly a fix is coming this year.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Take ADV and throw them into the trash where they belong. Then lobby for someone to come up with o2 in downpipe like the rest of us
Thats never going to happen. Thats why of yesterday i bought a 5.3 ls and the swap kit. Now selling the doc kit and all.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Thats never going to happen. Thats why of yesterday i bought a 5.3 ls and the swap kit. Now selling the doc kit and all.

🤣 that did not take long! good luck. if you by any chance have a good opportunity for exact before and after weights I'd be keen to know.

this forum could use a ls swap section to try keep the build threads alive and ls swap knowledge around....

Reactions: DamnDatsun

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
🤣 that did not take long! good luck. if you by any chance have a good opportunity for exact before and after weights I'd be keen to know.

this forum could use a ls swap section to try keep the build threads alive and ls swap knowledge around....
Unfortunately shes already drivetrain-less. Might be able to weigh it complete to compare to another members car stock!

Theres only a handful of ls swaps. But doublespaces might be able to make it happen. If we could get Michael Paige [sp?] On here that would be awesome for more info. He has a 4 part video on YouTube, which helps tremendously, and he sells the brackets! And hes on Facebook, but im 4 years without one, so it sucks, limited info!

Reactions: DamnDatsun

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
If I didn't already have a Corvette I would love to LS swap my car, but I got the 335 because it was different (At the time)

markyb0

Corporal
Jun 17, 2017
Hampton, VA
Ride
2009 335i ST
Sorry in advance I think I'm over looking this but which ntk part number is for the longer o2 sensors that goes to the manifold? My advs would pick their day when they wanted to work and now they are fried. They max out within 2 mins of running and I keep having to reset adaptions every couple mins so I can drive. Also what o2s you guys using for the rear?

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Reviving a dormant thread.
I myself am still getting codes
2C2E - Lambda probe in front of catalytic converter 2
2C2D - Lambda probe in front of catalytic converter 1
It's more pronounced in the beginning of driving after getting on full throttle.codes come up after off throttle.i would clear the codes and wont come back till a little while after.
I'm using the adv since going single turbo and I have ije0s.from going over this thread again It looks like most guys with ije0s are having this issue so wonder if tuning needs to be different for certain dme's?
I have thought about trying the ntk`s.Or possibly a fix is coming this year.

swap the ADVs out. the more I lurk the more I'm convinced they're junk. every single "what O2 do you recommend for ST" has varied responses ranging from

OEM Bosch no issues
NTKs
Densos
Amazon O2s
550i O2s

not a single person seems to be recommending ADVs anymore, except the company that sells them. now what that tells you, is up to you to decide.

Last edited:

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
link please?

longevity data contributions are always appreciated :)

Reactions: Torgus