Spark Plug Socket

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Just incase you ever run into an emergency and can't find your sparkplug socket, AutoZone carries them for $6.99 so you don't have to overnight a $19.99 socket from Amazon!
Part number: 72-376
IMG_20161209_210822_01.jpg

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Well I used the AutoZone socket today, no problems. Don't understand why everyone recommends magnetic over gasket type. Anyway here's some pics of what your plugs look like when you have bad injectors.PhotoGrid_1481568592396.png PhotoGrid_1481568751952.png

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
What kind of bad injectors ? Like
Leaking ? Or ?
Idk I think just leaking. Car still runs with no codes, cold starts have a little bit of a slow crank, some insane throttle closures at wot .this is the suspect. Just wanted to have all the information before I take it to the shop so I checked plugs today and they're ugly. I'll be sure to get back with you with how bad they were when I get them replaced. I can't wait to beat my car again :(

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
I had BAD throttle closures more noticeable in gears 3-6 mostly 3-4, after a new set of index 12s, mine were like 8, and a new coil, it's 99.9 % adapted and cured... I did the plugs today, and then had Indy do battery, so idk what all adaptations were reset, but my trip clock was reset..., anyway, new injectors covered by BMWs extended fuel system warranty / recall, about 500 miles ago, a carbon blast, and a new coil on 5, and over the next 500 miles got better and better, still had a slight idle stumble so I did the plugs and battery today as it was warning me of low charge too... Runs like a champ... The carbon blast and injectors was worlds better tho
Idk I think just leaking. Car still runs with no codes, cold starts have a little bit of a slow crank, some insane throttle closures at wot .this is the suspect. Just wanted to have all the information before I take it to the shop so I checked plugs today and they're ugly. I'll be sure to get back with you with how bad they were when I get them replaced. I can't wait to beat my car again :(

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I had BAD throttle closures more noticeable in gears 3-6 mostly 3-4, after a new set of index 12s, mine were like 8, and a new coil, it's 99.9 % adapted and cured... I did the plugs today, and then had Indy do battery, so idk what all adaptations were reset, but my trip clock was reset..., anyway, new injectors covered by BMWs extended fuel system warranty / recall, about 500 miles ago, a carbon blast, and a new coil on 5, and over the next 500 miles got better and better, still had a slight idle stumble so I did the plugs and battery today as it was warning me of low charge too... Runs like a champ... The carbon blast and injectors was worlds better tho
Nice, I just did my battery not too long ago. My injectors are also 8s. Going to get 12s. Replaced a coil today because it had a bunch of condensation on it and I have spares so why not. OFHG is getting done too so new oil and coolant then hopefully I'll be set to do some pulls. Need to find a local guy to do walnut blasting.

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
Nice, I just did my battery not too long ago. My injectors are also 8s. Going to get 12s. Replaced a coil today because it had a bunch of condensation on it and I have spares so why not. OFHG is getting done too so new oil and coolant then hopefully I'll be set to do some pulls. Need to find a local guy to do walnut blasting.
Few questions... How many miles and what year car? And where do u source coils? I was going to order a set of 6 Bosch from FCPeuro unless someone tells me otherwise... Just to have around when they go... So far only #5 is new

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Few questions... How many miles and what year car? And where do u source coils? I was going to order a set of 6 Bosch from FCPeuro unless someone tells me otherwise... Just to have around when they go... So far only #5 is new
08 e92 335xi idk the mileage exactly but I think it's nearing or low into 88k. I found Bosch 00044 on Amazon for about $21 each so I bought them. That was a while back tho, and the one I replaced was a Delphi or delco or whatever brand. It was in the car in cyl6 when I bought it. Could've replaced it sooner but it didn't give me any problems. I always keep a couple spare in my trunk

Reactions: ATL-IS-N54