Ad: Spool Helix HPFP overdrive Kit

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
People need to wait until this thing's officially released. Can't wait? Well you have to :tearsofjoy: Also there's been several tuners listed who've been given the tables but Spool had/has no real obligation to release it publicly, although I'm sure they will (or it'll get leaked). They put in the work and research for it and they could've partnered with a tuner for exclusivity/profit on other stock HPFP setups, but they didn't.

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
I'll double down on @martymil's comment - tuners are a relationship for many car owns. That relationship is not fungible.

People are not looking to switch tuners because one guy has tables to hardware that is otherwise sub-optimal to not useful.

I don't know what the relationship or collaboration was on this product, but I think parties involved would do well to speak up and clarify what the story is - I appreciate @doublespaces having an opinion on this, but frankly it's not his problem and we don't need an emissary on the subject. @SpoolPerformance @WedgePerformance - can you all clue us in so we can stop reading tea leaves on what should be pretty straightforward?

I don't know why this subject is not being addressed directly. What am I missing? Several people have asked.

Filippo

So where is the public xdf for the B58 fuel pump work?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
My bad. Somehow I misunderstood that is was available and selling. So it is still not in the wild ... which means nothing really matters yet. Thanks.

Filippo

Pretty much. If you buy one now or pre-ordered one, I'd think that person either didn't really care or already had a tuner with table access. So all this talk about delivering what is promised etc etc.. Its just hot air for the time being. If having your own personal tuner was imperative, I think they would be confirming their tuner had access first, like yourself and pretty much anyone else with a brain is doing.

• Agree
Reactions: fmorelli

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If I were to take a guess, the people making the most noise are folks who bought a beta unit, promising they would tune with wedge(a requirement) then did not. And that is why there is this 'seeming' pent up demand for the tables. Whose fault is that? Somehow this is being twisted into spool not delivering what is promised, you guys are really something sometimes.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus and RNM

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I don’t get the drama either way. If someone doesn’t want to work with an “approved” tuner, then just don’t buy the damn thing and move on. Everyone acts like it’s owed to them.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
I don’t get the drama either way. If someone doesn’t want to work with an “approved” tuner, then just don’t buy the damn thing and move on. Everyone acts like it’s owed to them.

That wasn't really the deal though was it? I just see people asking when based on the Vendor saying they would. Simple as that really.

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
The approved tuner thing is BS. I'm *one* revision into a tune, I'm not ditching to redo the whole thing with wedge (no offense).

The whole "it's not released" thing is silly too, pre-orders aren't beta releases and many shipped out last week. It's useless without the tables that were promised to be released, saying they're a hardware company is a huge copout.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The approved tuner thing is BS. I'm *one* revision into a tune, I'm not ditching to redo the whole thing with wedge (no offense).

The whole "it's not released" thing is silly too, pre-orders aren't beta releases and many shipped out last week. It's useless without the tables that were promised to be released, saying they're a hardware company is a huge copout.
At least let the dang hardware show up before the pitch forks come out. Has anyone even gotten them yet? I haven't paid attention to that but these requests didn't just start. People have been harping on this since long before hand.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
That wasn't really the deal though was it? I just see people asking when based on the Vendor saying they would. Simple as that really.
What was the deal? That hardware would ship at the beginning of September and tables would be out shortly. If anyone was concerned about the definition of shortly or what factors were involved in any potential delays then they probably didn't buy yet. I suspect that is why there are many people here who have not purchased, for that exact reason. And if people are continuing to purchase despite not having any further concrete information on table release, who is making that decision exactly, spool?

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
You are not asking the right person, SpoolPerformance makes hardware. If any tuner cannot wait, my recommendation to them is to get out WinOLS and find the tables as the others did.

That's not how the tuners got the tables. I have an old winols but it's not just simple open and find them. I've used WinOLS to tune like 20 other platforms so I'm familiar, though my assembly is rusty these days. The DAMOS Jake uses isn't public, the one I have is shit and just gives me good names and about 20% complete tables I can't usefully reverse to any modern ROM vs the one these were found in is much newer I'm sure. If I had something newer I'd do what I did on the 7730 GM ECU back in the day and just define everything I can potentially verify. But that's neither here nor there. It's political, 100%, but it is what it is. Makes me salty on the platform though.

If spool found and defined them that's another story but still silly.

Last edited:

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
This is why teasers, betas, pre release, whatever crap shouldn't be put out. Make one post when everything is ready to go and ship and you don't deal with any of this crap. Like it's been 5 months since we've seen working MHD wifi and yet there's still no product to buy. You've got 5 months of people asking questions now

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
This is why teasers, betas, pre release, whatever crap shouldn't be put out. Make one post when everything is ready to go and ship and you don't deal with any of this crap. Like it's been 5 months since we've seen working MHD wifi and yet there's still no product to buy. You've got 5 months of people asking questions now
This wasn't "teased" by Spool in the first place. Their mention of the product was due to a forced hand by an idiot on the platform.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
That's not how the tuners got the tables. I have winols but it's not just simple open and find them. I use WinOLS to tune like 20 other platforms so I'm familiar, though my assembly is rusty these days. The DAMOS Jake uses isn't public, the one I have is shit and just gives me good names and about 20% complete tables I can't usefully reverse to any modern ROM vs the one these were found in is closer to the IK ROM which is waaay newer. If I had something newer I'd do what I did on the 7730 GM ECU back in the day and just define everything I can potentially verify. But that's neither here nor there. It's political, 100%, but it is what it is. Makes me salty on the platform though.

I know specifically one person got the tables this way. They ponied up for the new version. Steven@wedge found the tables for n55 and from there Jake helped locate the n54 tables or something to that effect.

As unfortunate is it is, this is woefully misinformed.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
If people would just stop acting like the products are owed to them, it wouldn’t be a problem.

KevinC39

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
335i
If people would just stop acting like the products are owed to them, it wouldn’t be a problem.
And if people would stop talking about products months before they're ready to sell them and 2 people can tune them. You wouldn't believe how long it's been since they teased some VTT N55 GC turbos.

FYI: I hate hearing a bunch of Google pixel info and speculation months before the phone is released as well

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Torgus

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
This became an annoying thorn in my side so I went and spoke to all parties. Nobody has an issue with releasing the information, it seems to just be a matter of time. I've been told that Steven will be posting a quick write up on the matter. So lets all take a breath and put the knives away, the product was just shipped out a few days ago right?