Ad: Spool Helix HPFP overdrive Kit

Oct 21, 2018
Ride
E92 335i
i have been waiting but at this point if i order a helix kit now then will it come out with the new billet design?
the overdrive itself is not undergoing any modification. we will be including a replacement bracket for the stock vacuum pump cover plate soon with the kit and will also be sending them out to any previous purchasers upon request.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
After spending a grand, yeah, we're owed a functional product. Without tables it's a hunk of metal. Hoping this is put to bed asap.
This won't work at all without the tables? Is that a factor of the overdrive speed? Why does the shotgun not need tables to provide benefit?

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
This won't work at all without the tables? Is that a factor of the overdrive speed? Why does the shotgun not need tables to provide benefit?
I'm sure it will "work" but not at the power they're advertising (600whp on e85) without the changes (which according to Jake I think? are more than just the valve control stuff).

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
The shotgun does need correct software to run correctly

So the shotgun has never been a way for increased di capacity until now, with tables that were only updated in cooperation of a competing product?

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
So the shotgun has never been a way for increased di capacity until now, with tables that were only updated in cooperation of a competing product?

No, like you said, these just might enhance the operation of the shotgun further. This is more work than just what's been developed for the shotgun, if I'm reading in between the lines correctly.

Oct 21, 2018
Ride
E92 335i
No, like you said, these just might enhance the operation of the shotgun further. This is more work than just what's been developed for the shotgun, if I'm reading in between the lines correctly.

Without tunes, you encounter insufficient inlet side flow to the pump at the 72psi these cars run. This is due to the valve opening capped at a certain value from factory since the pump was never going to see inlet flow demands like this unless it is overdriven. Doesn’t matter what method you choose to overdrive you run into this limitation at around 500whp worth of flow on full e85. The tables allows the valve to open more and get around the inlet flow limitation without having to increase inlet side pressure. It will benefit the shotgun users as well. Ideally running higher pressures say a 100psi on low pressure side will help even more

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
After spending a grand, yeah, we're owed a functional product. Without tables it's a hunk of metal. Hoping this is put to bed asap.
Did your overdrive arrive from the preorder already? I was under the impression they barely shipped out. You're awfully upset, how long have they made you wait?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
How would we go about getting more pressure on lpfp? Wouldnt an external regulator just mean the ekp will limit more or would the bpm 4 be programmable or is the stock one ? I simply don't really know alot besides my bucket assembly as far as low side

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
How would we go about getting more pressure on lpfp? Wouldnt an external regulator just mean the ekp will limit more or would the bpm 4 be programmable or is the stock one ? I simply don't really know alot besides my bucket assembly as far as low side

For me, and most on a 2 pump system / Hobbs.
Once the second pump kicks in the low pressure hits 100psi (above, the sensor limit is 100psi).
The moneybags bpm4 won't (shouldn't) do this.

Reactions: Rob09msport

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
For me, and most on a 2 pump system / Hobbs.
Once the second pump kicks in the low pressure hits 100psi (above, the sensor limit is 100psi).
The moneybags bpm4 won't (shouldn't) do this.
Nice I think the bpm4 is a great piece of technology but its 10yrs to late . Would sold great with some AR downpipes and then dinan could made a e85 package lmao. But in reality it's just alot of money that could go to fuel system but I guess it could have its place idk.

• Funny
Reactions: fmorelli

Ilkka

Private
Sep 7, 2017
Ride
N54 335i e92
The limit of 500whp on full e85 without the new tables is enough for a part of the clientele.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
That's not how the tuners got the tables. I have an old winols but it's not just simple open and find them. I've used WinOLS to tune like 20 other platforms so I'm familiar, though my assembly is rusty these days. The DAMOS Jake uses isn't public, the one I have is shit and just gives me good names and about 20% complete tables I can't usefully reverse to any modern ROM vs the one these were found in is much newer I'm sure. If I had something newer I'd do what I did on the 7730 GM ECU back in the day and just define everything I can potentially verify. But that's neither here nor there. It's political, 100%, but it is what it is. Makes me salty on the platform though.

If spool found and defined them that's another story but still silly.

Better DAMOS are out there but you have to pay for them. Those companies who have them paid for them and are under no obligation to provide them. That said, all the initial XDF work I did was with the freely available pre-production DAMOS.

The GM ECU you speak of, how many tables did that have? Because I don't see anyone sitting down and doing all 25k+ MSD8x, and then doing it 3 MORE TIMES to cover all 4 roms, as the good DAMOS only covers one. And that's being generous and assuming all tables exist in each rom, that the axis sizes are the same, and that the data is close enough to hex match. But it isn't. Much logic was rewritten going from I8A0S to IJE0S, and then again with the jump to [IKM0S and INA0S]. Table sizes increase, tables were dropped, tables were added. Then there's some shared axis whose values exist 5+ times in the calibration area. Which one maps to which table? The only reliable way to trace these kinds of things is in IDA.

As for the Helix changes...I sent a few of what I had from the past to @Sbrach along with some ram addresses to aid in the tuning. He then dug up the rest of what was needed himself.