Ad: Spool Helix HPFP overdrive Kit

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Finally someone gets how works. People don't realize that et and reaction time heavily correlate hence deep staging etc.

Except it's not. It's like you all have some vested interest in bashing this because the guy has chinese turbos. And sadly whoever is saying that his -.3 r/t affects his ET is sadly mistaken because that's NOT how it works.

Also - if he was doing what you claim, staging before the beams, that would be shallow (or super shallow lol) staging, not deep. Deep staging improves r/t at the expense of ET. Shallow staging is what gives more roll out.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Except it's not. It's like you all have some vested interest in bashing this because the guy has chinese turbos. And sadly whoever is saying that his -.3 r/t affects his ET is sadly mistaken because that's NOT how it works.

Also - if he was doing what you claim, staging before the beams, that would be shallow (or super shallow lol) staging, not deep. Deep staging improves r/t at the expense of ET. Shallow staging is what gives more roll out.
Omg you just want to fight I wrote deep staging etc because deep staging is much more common than shallow staging except on dirt and bikes stuff like that . Noone cares where the turbos came from it's the fact that the video is deceiving it looks like infomercial 3900 lb full weight. I just dont see a 1.7 60 ft on those tires and stock everything else. Now I'm not saying its off by 3 tenths just that it wasnt a clean pass. I very much could see these turbos doing 10s hell a copo Camaro runs low 9s with less power but that car is not set up for it unless I'm missing something

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
lol i want to fight - you guys are the ones saying he staged before the staging lights, which it doesn't appear that way. The car is an auto not a stick, so I can see that 60ft.

I agree it comes off like an ad, but that's because the dude is probably getting a kickback or is invested in the company to some degree.

I never deep stage because I can't cut a light and would rather have a good e.t. myself.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
What happened is people took jbacons response out of context. The statement was you see him launch and roll through pre stage which means he was already moving alot more then normal rollout allows when timer starts. Jbacon then said the reaction time was dead giveaway "cause a tenth is one thing but 3 tenths shows their was no attempt." Usually If just test and tune it's opposite and it's a second or two late while you fuswaba in your lane. Some even said it may not been intentional but I don't see how noone would said something that day.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
lol i want to fight - you guys are the ones saying he staged before the staging lights, which it doesn't appear that way. The car is an auto not a stick, so I can see that 60ft.

I agree it comes off like an ad, but that's because the dude is probably getting a kickback or is invested in the company to some degree.

I never deep stage because I can't cut a light and would rather have a good e.t. myself.
From what I have seen auto on those tires need 2nd gear launch to get good et and good 60ft.
Drag radials first gear all way.
And I get that alot people dont have clue when it comes to strip especially this platform is more half mile and roll race.
I know you are more experienced than alot of members on here and I just misunderstood your intentions sorry about that.

Last edited:

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
What happened is people took jbacons response out of context. The statement was you see him launch and roll through pre stage which means he was already moving alot more then normal rollout allows when timer starts. Jbacon then said the reaction time was dead giveaway "cause a tenth is one thing but 3 tenths shows their was no attempt." Usually If just test and tune it's opposite and it's a second or two late while you fuswaba in your lane. Some even said it may not been intentional but I don't see how noone would said something that day.

Please show where he rolls thru the pre-stage.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Hes right hopefully this gets moved and maybe I'm wrong but my understanding is that by him jumping and going not rolling first before the other car goes he is going off the guard beam so he is already moving and is slightly short of quarter mile for his et

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
How the fuck is any of this a conversation.

He was staged on the line, aside from a red light, nothing is wrong with the pass.
If the other car doesnt prestage when your beams are reconnected the timer doesnt start in this situation the gaurd beam starts the timer which is further down the track.
That's why common track courtesy is you always wait for car next to you to prestage before you stage even on test and tune partly to not invalidate your time

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Please show where he rolls thru the pre-stage.
If the other car doesnt prestage when your beams are reconnected the timer doesnt start in this situation the gaurd beam starts the timer which is further down the track.
That's why common track courtesy is you always wait for car next to you to prestage before you stage even on test and tune partly to not invalidate your time

What does that have to do with his time?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I just looked it up the gaurd beam is 16 inches down track. So now you are moving and your 60 ft will be less and and your et will be less and if anyone thinks 16 inches don't matter they dont go to track. 60 ft is the biggest factor and drag cars stagger front wheels to gain a inch or two before that timer starts. Those first few inches where weight transfers and car goes from dead stop are huge.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
He did nothing wrong. The pass was normal. Talking about a guard beam for no reason.

The staging bulbs lighting up are for the opposite lane. Still have no clue what the issue is here. The video is easy to watch.

Reactions: DamnDatsun

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
He did nothing wrong. The pass was normal. Talking about a guard beam for no reason.

The staging bulbs lighting up are for the opposite lane. Still have no clue what the issue is here. The video is easy to watch.
This is point where we realize the horse is not coming back to life.
See from what i see he accelerated 16 inches then started the timer I don't get how your still arguing this either considering non pro is half sec when staged and reaction was .3 early his et was off by at least .2 from the .5 it would tool for first light. If was pro .5 sec would be same outcome since he rolled through if was pro .4 which this isnt top fuel so it's not he would be off guaranteed 10th and that's not including the speed. People use 6 inches to move reaction to et and vice versa why you think that is ? Cause your already rolling when timer starts that's gaming system to advantage and takes skill red lighting before other car stages is cheating the system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191001-174709_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191001-174709_Gallery.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 48

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Anyone that's been to the track knows you can roll past the beam by accident and back it up before tree sets and the timer doesnt start. Once tree sets you can redlight some really good racers shut the prestage light and keep the stage lit that's hard tho and that's after both cars lined up. How you think someone gets staged out when someone plays games with their 10 sec to mess up other car if they chilled Intake or something they milk it.
And that's where the gaurd beam comes in it's also their encase some reason beam stays broken or car is to low etc. Its now an invalid pass but at least you have some info and not completely useless but def not record setting material.

Coupes66

Corporal
Dec 26, 2017
Ride
BMW 335i N54
I have looked at the video and this is a normal launch at a drag strip. Yes, the car is moving before the timing commences and that is normal. The reason is that when the staging light comes on, the front edge of the front tire has broken the beam. The timing will not start until the rear of the front tire has passed through the staging beam. That means the car has accelerated/moved the length equivalent to the distance between the front edge of the tire and the rear edge of the tire before the timing starts. The attached link will explain better to those who cannot understand.

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
The time won’t start if he doesn’t trip both beams and wait for the light to start falling.

He was full stopped. In both beams, the tree started to fall and he left early. LEAVING EARLY DOES NOT SUBTRACT ET. just like leaving late does not ADD ET.

In this screenshot you can see he left on the last yellow, because it’s still lit up from when he red lit. The other lane did not stage in time and when the bmw left, he went with even though he didn’t stage properly. His stage lights lit up as he went through them in the left lane.

On the other time slip, he ran .6 slower and 60footed almost .3 worse. You normally pick up .2 for evert .1 in the 60foot you gain. Which means he gained all his time from a better launch, a launch that is basically exactly what I cut in my xdrive on all season run flats. So it’s not off in the least for what a high power xdrive should launch, definitely not an unfair advantage at all, if he did what you are implying(which isn’t possible) his 60ft would be low 1 second range. .

Attachments

• 14E595B3-5A39-4991-B38F-88773BF05EBD.png
    14E595B3-5A39-4991-B38F-88773BF05EBD.png
    471.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 3BAA3224-95BF-40EC-9809-B5E3E59EBC8E.png
    3BAA3224-95BF-40EC-9809-B5E3E59EBC8E.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 45

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Typical n54 is people that get offered Dyno numbers wanting drag results. When presented with drag results they have to shit on them.

This is the only platform I've seen where people actively try to crap on anyone else's success. Rather than congratulate someone for running a good time on a budget setup, with the product this thread is about no less, the first thing done is say it's bs, and come up with absurd conspiracy theories as to why it's not a valid time. Not only was a timeslip provided, but video of said run, and it's still picked apart and accused of being false.