Spool Performance S55 upgraded pumps [teaser]

Oct 21, 2018
Ride
E92 335i
A little something we have been working on and are very close to bringing to market! Details to be released soon!! If you have an upgraded turbo S55 and would like to get these pre-release, please DM us.
Twin FX-150 mayhem!!
1580355420882.png

Attachments

• 1580355275279.png
    1580355275279.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 404

F80 Motorsports

Nov 12, 2020
Great... Show me people who are using this on the S55 platform with full e85 on upgraded hybrids. My tuner tells me these pumps don’t like to be overdriven. More flow doesn’t equal the ability to push more pressure through the stock fuel injectors (which is how tuners do it today on the stock HPFP). So my question is: Will these HPFP allow for higher pressures than currently available through stock HPFP on stock injectors so that we no longer have to use Port Injection? I see the ProTuning Freaks Bootmod3 tuning platform now supports your product, so that’s a step in the right direction, but who has tuned on it? Paul Johnson tells me NO! I’ve called you guys twice and still don’t have an answer.

Oct 21, 2018
Ride
E92 335i
Great... Show me people who are using this on the S55 platform with full e85 on upgraded hybrids. My tuner tells me these pumps don’t like to be overdriven. More flow doesn’t equal the ability to push more pressure through the stock fuel injectors (which is how tuners do it today on the stock HPFP). So my question is: Will these HPFP allow for higher pressures than currently available through stock HPFP on stock injectors so that we no longer have to use Port Injection? I see the ProTuning Freaks Bootmod3 tuning platform now supports your product, so that’s a step in the right direction, but who has tuned on it? Paul Johnson tells me NO! I’ve called you guys twice and still don’t have an answer.
The pumps are not overdriven. They have bigger bores hence flow more fuel. The S55 is a tricky one. It has solenoid injectors that do not flow all that well. But to answer your question, yes it can generate higher pressure. The pumps can hold up to 3400psi. Higher pressure help these injectors flow a little better. The stock injectors on the s55 can flow up to 700whp on full e85 with these pumps and about 900+ worth of gasoline or race gas. Turning e85 mix down to e60 would get you to the 800+ whp mark. Additionally running the M5 injectors would open up more flow and push the numbers quoted above further.

F80 Motorsports

Nov 12, 2020
Ah hah! Thank you so much for the prompt response. I’m running E70 now so relatively close to E60. I’ll also work on how to install M5 injectors as the only company I’ve seen do that is Evolve in the EU. Again, thank you for the response!

Reactions: SpoolPerformance