1. Login to disable the Ads!

Stock DME Logging

Discussion in 'N54' started by Xm-n54, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Xm-n54

Xm-n54 Private

2008 BMW 335xi
    Got MHD two weeks ago and finally hooked it all up. Love it. Right now my car is stock besides a DCI. Ran some logs to see how everything is doing before putting a tune on. My timing corrections looked a little off for so,excited reason. Can you guys please have a look and tell me what you think? Really don't want to install a custom tune if the car isn't feeling it.

2. Looks like you started getting timing corrections about 120 degree intake air temps
    Fueling looks good
    Small throttle closure at 6k RPM due to a slight overboost (Nothing Major)
    AFR is consistent

Everything looks good other than a FMIC if you're running on a hot day. As soon as your IATs reach 120 the DME will start to pull timing.
  3. Xm-n54

Xm-n54 Private

2008 BMW 335xi
    Thanks for the feedback! And I'm glad the temp's are the only issue because I hot a solution. Got the vrsf 7" fmic. Waiting to put it in on my next oil change when I jack the car up.

Attached Files:

4. V8bait

V8bait Sergeant

I've never looked at a log on the factory tune before. If I was actually tuning this map as a performance map, I'd say boost control isn't bad but could use some work. The rest looks pretty solid for the boost level, I'd probably richen it up a little to clean up timing though. Fuel trims and the rest are looking nice. I guess fuel economy was on somebody's brain here, not shitty American gas or competing in anything more stressful than passing a Volkswagen on the autobahn.

That being said fmic, richen it up, drop timing, raise boost, get money. I mean spend money forgot this is a BMW.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Xm-n54

Xm-n54 Private

2008 BMW 335xi
    Only get Shell Vpower. Try to stay consistent on gas.
  6. I said that once.. I said I'd just get a JB4 once.. now I only use shell 93 and 50% ethanol..

I will say, it's gonna be a fun ride though (;