Stock Turbos

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Agreed,

As mentioned the Stock Turbos are good for what they are. Supporting mods will be needed to safely and repetitively get good results. I have seen multiple people hit 20-22psi on stock turbos with some E85 + Bolt ons (Inlets, FMIC, DPs, CP, etc)

I have been running 18PSI max with 100+ octane easily and by the looks of my logs just fine with Stage 2 LPFP + JB4 W\ E85 BEF

I don't even have an upgraded FMIC or DPs but, Not saying that you should run your car like I run mine. (My timing is high and occasionally the car doesn't like starting in the cold) but, let me know if you have questions about my setup. I'm also trying to get every bit of performance out of stockers as possible.

Reactions: ATL-IS-N54

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
Agreed,

As mentioned the Stock Turbos are good for what they are. Supporting mods will be needed to safely and repetitively get good results. I have seen multiple people hit 20-22psi on stock turbos with some E85 + Bolt ons (Inlets, FMIC, DPs, CP, etc)

I have been running 18PSI max with 100+ octane easily and by the looks of my logs just fine with Stage 2 LPFP + JB4 W\ E85 BEF

I don't even have an upgraded FMIC or DPs but, Not saying that you should run your car like I run mine. (My timing is high and occasionally the car doesn't like starting in the cold) but, let me know if you have questions about my setup. I'm also trying to get every bit of performance out of stockers as possible.
Y'all should both keep this thread going on this track with maxing out the stock turbos... Keep us posted on as much data and dyno as possible / nessesary... I'd be curious to follow a few folks journey to maximization of stockers... I'm curious about the emissions side of this... Maxed out and appearing legal vs maxed out and not even trying to appear legal are def two different things... Curious how far one could go down each route and how far apart they end up

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Y'all should both keep this thread going on this track with maxing out the stock turbos... Keep us posted on as much data and dyno as possible / nessesary... I'd be curious to follow a few folks journey to maximization of stockers... I'm curious about the emissions side of this... Maxed out and appearing legal vs maxed out and not even trying to appear legal are def two different things... Curious how far one could go down each route and how far apart they end up
So by that you're looking into how much we can get away with, without getting caught? (;

One thing I would love to know is if we can create a "tune" that would be passable but, we could always flash back to keep our power :)

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
Lol, I wasn't trying to be that sneaky, really just would like to know the limits as I myself won't be pushing them anytime too soon...

As far as a "tune" Yeah there for sure is, and I know someone who can flash it and keep your power all in one, they are a nation wide known tuner out of ATL... Altho I'm sure others can code them out too... Anyway, it wouldn't pass a sniffer test at a certain level of emissions defeat... But sniffer is not a regular thing in many places, and sometimes only use them to collect data for the EPA and not to fail or pass you personally... They sniffed my e46 last check and I asked why the sniff? Did a law change? And they said "no we are just collecting data for the state" in their foreign accent which I'm thinking is the EPa... Anyhow...

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Lol, I wasn't trying to be that sneaky, really just would like to know the limits as I myself won't be pushing them anytime too soon...

As far as a "tune" Yeah there for sure is, and I know someone who can flash it and keep your power all in one, they are a nation wide known tuner out of ATL... Altho I'm sure others can code them out too... Anyway, it wouldn't pass a sniffer test at a certain level of emissions defeat... But sniffer is not a regular thing in many places, and sometimes only use them to collect data for the EPA and not to fail or pass you personally... They sniffed my e46 last check and I asked why the sniff? Did a law change? And they said "no we are just collecting data for the state" in their foreign accent which I'm thinking is the EPa... Anyhow...

That's ridiculous.. I'd just be like... "So... How's the EPAs quotas going?"

• Funny

Tweedle335

Private
Dec 1, 2016
Illinois
Wow, kinda feel bad for dragging this so far off topic! Might be a good idea to clean up the OP's turbo thread and move all this DTL talk over to it's own thread so the data can be more easily seen by others with the same questions.

To the OP's actual topic, I agree with others that it's best to identify the end goal first, then work your way back to where you are now. That way any hardware changes you make will always be with that end goal in mind- no need to waste money doing things twice. Also, while I'm sure the OP is a great human and excellent driver, IMHO I would strongly encourage spending some time & effort on the Driver Mod before chasing raw power. For example look up your local SCCA chapter and go autocrossing. It's worth the time and very inexpensive.
I am planning on autocrossing if this summer. The fact that my car is an auto makes things a little simpler, too, when it comes to driver mod at least.