Super Knock code

zmon1300

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Chicagoland
Ride
'10 335xi
Yeah, these cars become money pits QUICK ! One thing I have learned, if it aint broke, dont fix it. As I said, my index 9 are still good sitting in a box. Swapped to index 12 and a year later....here we are.

Crazy, mine have about 1.5 years on them too. I replaced all my plugs, coil wires, and got a new PI. still same issue. these cars get annoying lol thats why im waiting for you to find the issue before i do mine LMAO. meanwhile, my tesla is nice and quiet. love it

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Crazy, mine have about 1.5 years on them too. I replaced all my plugs, coil wires, and got a new PI. still same issue. these cars get annoying lol thats why im waiting for you to find the issue before i do mine LMAO. meanwhile, my tesla is nice and quiet. love it
Lmfao ! Imma charge u for this :tearsofjoy:

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
The code popped up with about 2 week intervals so unless its not the problem and throws code right away, It can be weeks before I report back. Hopefully it just never comes back !

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Sorry for the late reply, have been MIA for awhile.

You messaged me to reply, don't k ow if you figured it out yet but super knocking faults on an n54 where almost always badly coked valves,l. When was that last carbon cleaning done?

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
So it seems my car does NOT like Dec. / Jan. for some odd reason. As I reported back months ago the index 12 fixed the issue ........for 12 months.....BUT , Here we are another year goes by and today 30EE again. Im going to assume its the index 12 again as I just put new plugs last month. Zero misfires, and log looks the same as when it happened last year. On top end, post shift, AFR started to lean out to 14:1 and starts sputtering like I said at the beginning of this thread. These injectors only last me 12 months in cyl #2. I believe when I swapped out all my injectors for 12s, I got a bad one (cyl 2) and took a crap at 12 months. Replaced with a new (I believe they actually replace injectors with refurbished for warranty claims) to me index 12. 12 months later, injector goes out again, lol, now I know why they are index "12" . Will call FCP on Monday to get ANOTHER one shipped out.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
@jts1981 - post on or start another thread (I'd suggest starting a thread, with your pathologies) ... another super knocker ...

Filippo

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
My trims act crazy went temps approach 0°C and i get weird corrections on a few cyls, i don't know what the issue. Could be related to yours.

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
What do you mean ? You get any codes ? Or shadow codes ?
I don't get any code but my trims are everywhere but AFR's are good, also i get a lot of timing corrections, i don't know if its related tho.

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
ethanol destroys the life of injectors faster than anything else. i wouldnt be surprised if injectors are bad again. also have you swapped your plugs and coils over to newer ones ? that took care of a friends super knock code

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
ethanol destroys the life of injectors faster than anything else. i wouldnt be surprised if injectors are bad again. also have you swapped your plugs and coils over to newer ones ? that took care of a friends super knock code
Yep, plugs are actually new . In the middle of retuning my car and put in fresh plugs just to avoid any weird stuff, but here we are anyway. Just odd that its the same cylinder as last time. Even more odd is another member gets superknock code when pushing things on his car and also superknock on cyl #2.
What cylinder was your friends superknock ?

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
Yep, plugs are actually new . In the middle of retuning my car and put in fresh plugs just to avoid any weird stuff, but here we are anyway. Just odd that its the same cylinder as last time. Even more odd is another member gets superknock code when pushing things on his car and also superknock on cyl #2.
What cylinder was your friends superknock ?
cylinder 5

knock sensors are located by cyl 2 and 5 so those would be the first to get triggered(could possibly be injectors AGAIN or this time i would check comp and leak down. also hows the pcv system route? are you head ports plugged? oil vapor and or oil leaking into intake runners could be deteriorating octane rating
1KuZUtwk.png

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
cylinder 5

knock sensors are located by cyl 2 and 5 so those would be the first to get triggered(could possibly be injectors AGAIN or this time i would check comp and leak down. also hows the pcv system route? are you head ports plugged? oil vapor and or oil leaking into intake runners could be deteriorating octane rating
View attachment 34095
Head is not plugged. I run RB external pcv and low and high occ. Im hoping its a tuning issue as I had just loaded a new revision. 1st pull was perfect, 2nd showed superknock event. Still waiting on my tuner to get back to me on his thoughts but I might order another index 12 right now and have it over nighted and swap it anyway. Not sure how dangerous that code is but it sounds scary, lol So id rather just swap parts at least before going WOT again. Car has been parked since this happened again.