Suspenceful's 135i Epic Build Thread

jyamona

Lieutenant
Free Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Still 1sec for the shift. Faster than the other one, but still a 1sec shift. I think you are at the limits of the 6MT synchro's at this point. Frame of reference. Factory 6AT shift is .600sec, and an xHP Stage 3 6AT is .400sec. Factory DCT is about .050sec and an M3 GTS flashed trans is about .010sec.
1 sec def isn't the synchro limit, there are MUCH faster 6mt shifts out there ;)

suspenceful

700HP Club (N54)
Aug 1, 2017
1 sec def isn't the synchro limit, there are MUCH faster 6mt shifts out there ;)
Yeah, I wasn't sure where he was getting his data from. In my logs, you can use the timestamp value to see that it only took me 0.139 seconds to shift. Timestamp values are 1/10 of a second.

suspenceful

700HP Club (N54)
Aug 1, 2017
It's been a while since I uploaded a YouTube video, so I gave a brief update on everything about a week ago:

I also uploaded my step-by-step guide to flipping cars, if you're interested in that. It's on my channel as of yesterday!

Reactions: doublespaces

suspenceful

700HP Club (N54)
Aug 1, 2017
It's vague not vag bro.

I've visited the Midwest a lot, is this something local?
Not sure where I said that word, but it must be a Wisconsin thing.

No one here says "vegue" as it sounds in your video. Everyone thinks we say words like "bag" weird too.

Torgus

Lieutenant
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
It's at the beginning of your how to flip cars video. You say it like 6 times which is why I noticed it. When talking about not limiting your searches and keeping them vague.

suspenceful

700HP Club (N54)
Aug 1, 2017
@suspenceful what car lift are you going to get? My Atlas BP8000 baseplate lift fits perfectly in my garage. Top 5 best purchases in my life for sure.
I looked into that exact lift, I think it would barely fit. I would have to remeasure. Right now I have access to a lift at the shop that two of my friends and I are renting. If/when we leave the shop, I'll start thinking about installing a lift in my home garage again.

suspenceful

700HP Club (N54)
Aug 1, 2017
I finally got around to editing/uploading my track footage from Road America!

This was my first time doing anything like this and I didn't have an instructor so be easy on me...

• 2Like
Reactions: JMVELA and 335is02

suspenceful

700HP Club (N54)
Aug 1, 2017
A quick 6 minute video of me installing a custom carbon fiber steering wheel. I'm not usually one for expensive aesthetic mods, especially for the interior, but I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this. I'd love to hear what you guys think!

• 2Like
Reactions: 335is02 and langsbr

Asbjorn

Corporal
Mar 10, 2018
I finally got around to editing/uploading my track footage from Road America!

This was my first time doing anything like this and I didn't have an instructor so be easy on me...

Looked like a ton of fun, although some of the others did drive a bit, lets say, opportunistic... This is clearly a very WOT heavy, fast and long circuit. Youtube is blocked in China, and my vpn stopped working before I was able to watch the last five minutes of the video. Was there any conclusions on how your temps were doing on this track? Particularly coolant. You might also want to consider race brake pads next time.

suspenceful

700HP Club (N54)
Aug 1, 2017
Looked like a ton of fun, although some of the others did drive a bit, lets say, opportunistic... This is clearly a very WOT heavy, fast and long circuit. Youtube is blocked in China, and my vpn stopped working before I was able to watch the last five minutes of the video. Was there any conclusions on how your temps were doing on this track? Particularly coolant. You might also want to consider race brake pads next time.
Temps were fine, no overheating at all! The brakes were definitely getting spongey and soft though. I think better fluid and pads would've helped.