The best bushings and mounts E9X E8X

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
RSFB feedback::

Just put in the Bimmerworld solid aluminium subframe mounts. Rear end is rock solid. I can't feel any added NVH at all.

They cost less than $300, though the install cost IS higher unless you have an extensive shop at home as they had to be pressed in. Not something you can easily do in your garage IMO.

After driving cars and mine with various setups, I dunno why anyone would bother with anything other than 1. Stock, 2. White line inserts, or 3. Solid aluminium.

Anything else is just an expensive compromise.

I agree. They should have come solid from the factory like the next gen.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
RSFB feedback::

Just put in the Bimmerworld solid aluminium subframe mounts. Rear end is rock solid. I can't feel any added NVH at all.

They cost less than $300, though the install cost IS higher unless you have an extensive shop at home as they had to be pressed in. Not something you can easily do in your garage IMO.

After driving cars and mine with various setups, I dunno why anyone would bother with anything other than 1. Stock, 2. White line inserts, or 3. Solid aluminium.

Anything else is just an expensive compromise.
I wish I went solid i was scared of nvh so did white line poly and they are great but i would think Turner or any solid would be better. Maybe I'll do those 2 piece solid ones so I don't have to press anything in

Mikejones1208

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
Savannah, GA
Ride
2009 BMW 335i
I wish I went solid i was scared of nvh so did white line poly and they are great but i would think Turner or any solid would be better. Maybe I'll do those 2 piece solid ones so I don't have to press anything in

The condor bushings i used were solid 2 piece, was able to install them at home no problems, a little persuasion from my dead blow hammer was all it needed! And to clarify my earlier post, both subframe and diff bushing combined were 300 dollars.
Screenshot_20181011-205903.png

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
Just as an FYI...

I recently bought the Turner solid engine and trans mounts. Wanted something rigid because the turbo on my docrace kit sits VERY close to the strut tower (more than I would have liked given the money of the kit) and, well, bcracecar. It's not specified on Turners website but it will drop the engine 5 mm and the trans 1 mm per the documentation sent with the mounts.

EDIT 2019-02-21:
Want to correct my previous statement. Installed the Turner solid mounts and the engine mounts raised the engine if anything. Definately didn't lower by 5 mm like the documentation said.

Last edited:
Reactions: AWCR1MC

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-shock-mounting-kit-monroe-907984

Anyone used this kit yet? I had to order some stuff from FCP anyway and I'm working on a drag suspension setup so I stumbled across these guys. Really looking forward to them considering our stock ones are a crappy foam and as I've learned from @barry@3DM poly should stay away from my suspension. Most dedicated drag shocks come with a similar rubber mounting bushing so I'm curious to see how these will work out. With guys running low 11s and 10s on stock turbos now, I need to speed up my build and see what these 1Ks will do at the strip on a proper setup.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-shock-mounting-kit-monroe-907984

Anyone used this kit yet? I had to order some stuff from FCP anyway and I'm working on a drag suspension setup so I stumbled across these guys. Really looking forward to them considering our stock ones are a crappy foam and as I've learned from @barry@3DM poly should stay away from my suspension. Most dedicated drag shocks come with a similar rubber mounting bushing so I'm curious to see how these will work out. With guys running low 11s and 10s on stock turbos now, I need to speed up my build and see what these 1Ks will do at the strip on a proper setup.

I run those. Inexpensive replacement solution for the stock foams

I believe Turner just released something as well.

Edit: Here you go

Reactions: Torgus

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
I run those. Inexpensive replacement solution for the stock foams

I believe Turner just released something as well.

Edit: Here you go

Yep, I actually just ordered those too- although the monoball upper mount mostly takes place of the bump stops and bottom rubber piece from the looks of it so I can still put the monroe mounts to work. I'm interested to see how having both monoball mounts and the rubber "tophat" with drag shocks will make the car perform at the strip. Hoping for numbers more in line with what a 600+whp car should be lol

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Yep, I actually just ordered those too- although the monoball upper mount mostly takes place of the bump stops and bottom rubber piece from the looks of it so I can still put the monroe mounts to work. I'm interested to see how having both monoball mounts and the rubber "tophat" with drag shocks will make the car perform at the strip. Hoping for numbers more in line with what a 600+whp car should be lol

The monroes will give a little more travel.

The few times I've dragged the car I noticed that the rear end tends to rebound too fast causing traction issues. I adjusted compression to allow the car to squat about 75% of what it wanted to and tried not tot let it rebound too fast. Car is more of a highway assassin unless you swap a trans suited for the strip tho.

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
The condor bushings i used were solid 2 piece, was able to install them at home no problems, a little persuasion from my dead blow hammer was all it needed! And to clarify my earlier post, both subframe and diff bushing combined were 300 dollars.

@Mikejones1208
Thanks for sharing!

This material is suppose to be better use than delrin for nvh in the subframe. Decided to try them out as well. Will report back after they get installed.

Mikejones1208

Corporal
Dec 6, 2016
Savannah, GA
Ride
2009 BMW 335i
@Mikejones1208
Thanks for sharing!

This material is suppose to be better use than delrin for nvh in the subframe. Decided to try them out as well. Will report back after they get installed.
Ive been running them for awhile and theyre great, no increase in nvh at all with subframe bushings, definitely hear some gear whine though with the solid diff bushings

Reactions: Stokes