S55 The new Pure Stage 2+ turbos for S55

peter@pure

Lurker
Jun 28, 2017
Ride
F80 M3
Hi Guys,

2 weeks ago we received a set of PS2+ turbos from our brothers at Pure USA.
s55ps2_.jpg

We did a reference dyno on our F80 M3 with the good old PS2 High Flows on E85 and dual cm5 meth before installing the PS2+.

Our baseline on the PS2's was 706whp and 905wnm. On the road this means 5.8 60-130.

Once the PS2+ were on the car we did a few dyno sessions to dial it in and we reached a whopping 784whp and 960wnm. On the road this means 5.35 60-130. As you can see from the graph it has a very nice topend with the PS2+.

PS2 vs PS2+ graph
ps2vsps2_.jpg

PS2+ multiple runs graph
s55ps2_dyno.jpg

PS2+ First Road Test

maxwarmer

Sep 6, 2018
I have one question, if PS2 can get boost until 45psi or more, and the problem for get more power is the heating in the engine and cooler problems, can you explain me how get more power this new turbo, with more psi boost? and if is this way the cooler problems engine?

Thanks,
Jordi

peter@pure

Lurker
Jun 28, 2017
Ride
F80 M3
I have one question, if PS2 can get boost until 45psi or more, and the problem for get more power is the heating in the engine and cooler problems, can you explain me how get more power this new turbo, with more psi boost? and if is this way the cooler problems engine?

Thanks,
Jordi
Hi Jordi,

I am not sure anybody is running 45 psi of boost on the PS2 turbos. We have ran the PS2 to max 35-36 psi boost (sensor limit). And on stock engine that is pushing things.

The PS2+ seem to provide same power as the PS2 at 2-3 psi less. On top they flow better after 6700 rpm. This is because of the bigger wheels inside the PS2+ turbos.

So if you run 30 psi with PS2 then you would run around 27-28 psi with the PS2+ with the same tune and get same power but bigger topend which means the car will be faster and IAT will be little bit cooler due to the lower boost number.

Greetz,
Peter

Reactions: Nok1ds

maxwarmer

Sep 6, 2018
Hi Jordi,

I am not sure anybody is running 45 psi of boost on the PS2 turbos. We have ran the PS2 to max 35-36 psi boost (sensor limit). And on stock engine that is pushing things.

The PS2+ seem to provide same power as the PS2 at 2-3 psi less. On top they flow better after 6700 rpm. This is because of the bigger wheels inside the PS2+ turbos.

So if you run 30 psi with PS2 then you would run around 27-28 psi with the PS2+ with the same tune and get same power but bigger topend which means the car will be faster and IAT will be little bit cooler due to the lower boost number.

Greetz,
Peter

Haa ok, because now with my mods FBO, PS2 high FLOW, and 93 pump, with 28-29 psi, we get 600whp on dynojet, and 100-200kh/h in 5,82 secons, but my tuner comments that if add more boost is dangerous for the engine, because we will have problems with cooling, and autodetonation pump, but in my state is not posible get any Etanol, then I think that if I want more boost in the future the only way is WMI with JB4, actually don't have JB4 I have the car flashed with bootmod3.

Thanks Peter.

peter@pure

Lurker
Jun 28, 2017
Ride
F80 M3
Haa ok, because now with my mods FBO, PS2 high FLOW, and 93 pump, with 28-29 psi, we get 600whp on dynojet, and 100-200kh/h in 5,82 secons, but my tuner comments that if add more boost is dangerous for the engine, because we will have problems with cooling, and autodetonation pump, but in my state is not posible get any Etanol, then I think that if I want more boost in the future the only way is WMI with JB4, actually don't have JB4 I have the car flashed with bootmod3.

Thanks Peter.
Hi Jordi,

If you will just add a methanol kit on your current setup you will get more power too at same boost due to higher octane. On top you get also charge air cooling.

There is no need for JB4 to run WMI kit. We offer the BMS stealth tank with dual nozzle setup with Torqbyte standalone controller as well if you need. We run this too on our F80 M3 with flash only.

Kind regards,
Peter

Reactions: Nok1ds

maxwarmer

Sep 6, 2018
Hi Jordi,

If you will just add a methanol kit on your current setup you will get more power too at same boost due to higher octane. On top you get also charge air cooling.

There is no need for JB4 to run WMI kit. We offer the BMS stealth tank with dual nozzle setup with Torqbyte standalone controller as well if you need. We run this too on our F80 M3 with flash only.

Kind regards,
Peter

And for WMI where put the dual BM7 injectors in the FTP charge pipe directly? and for programing the Torqbyte how can do it, for example cary jordan or paul? after this we need to reflashing BM· for add most boost at turbos, how many more until 34-35 psi? The wather will be distilled water? which % you recommend for best mix 50% water-50%methanol? which metanol you can buy in europe? If the deposit gets empty and you don't can get full again before for example 1000km the system detects and disabte the extra boost and get the original safe boost 28-29 psi?

I have very scared get wMI because I know that can be dangerous.

peter@pure

Lurker
Jun 28, 2017
Ride
F80 M3
And for WMI where put the dual BM7 injectors in the FTP charge pipe directly? and for programing the Torqbyte how can do it, for example cary jordan or paul? after this we need to reflashing BM· for add most boost at turbos, how many more until 34-35 psi? The wather will be distilled water? which % you recommend for best mix 50% water-50%methanol? which metanol you can buy in europe? If the deposit gets empty and you don't can get full again before for example 1000km the system detects and disabte the extra boost and get the original safe boost 28-29 psi?

I have very scared get wMI because I know that can be dangerous.
I will send you more info over email. Maybe better to discuss via email then on forum here.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

luchocamp

Corporal
Dec 9, 2017
Ride
f30 335ix / e90 335xi
Hi Jordi,

Greetz,
Peter
Peter is this stock engine ? crank hub solution, which rods, which pistons ..... My friend is going to order PS2+ this week and we just want to know your suggestions

Reactions: Torgus

peter@pure

Lurker
Jun 28, 2017
Ride
F80 M3
Peter is this stock engine ? crank hub solution, which rods, which pistons ..... My friend is going to order PS2+ this week and we just want to know your suggestions
We did rods and pistons and crank hub fix. Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons (TPG package) and gintani crank hub fix

Reactions: doublespaces