Think i may be the first on fly switchable maps

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
I said e85, not e50. So, no, the jb4 doesn't make that possible without the MHD logic (that's not available for my e-series n55) if I'm understanding correctly.

How many E-series N55 users do you think would purchase / use FF?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Considering theirs way more n55 cars available and now their are pump upgrades for rotary and piston hpfp I think easily 50 to 100 percent more than bought n54 ff

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Considering theirs way more n55 cars available and now their are pump upgrades for rotary and piston hpfp I think easily 50 to 100 percent more than bought n54 ff

That's F-series N55. I asked him specifically E-series N55, which has the same HPFP as N54, but a different DME.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
That's F-series N55. I asked him specifically E-series N55, which has the same HPFP as N54, but a different DME.
Oh that's rough one
Train monkey to flash and fill tank lmao
But seriously the wifi module will make it even easier to just do one min flash at pump.
Is their any risk of flashing to much like does the eeprom have any room for trim or any aging algorithm

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
I said e85, not e50. So, no, the jb4 doesn't make that possible without the MHD logic (that's not available for my e-series n55) if I'm understanding correctly.

For the E chassis N55 not a lot of customers running straight E85, most run E50, due to high pressure pump limitations. If you're running port injection though we can work with you on straight E85 tuning. I think the basic problem was some of the fuel tables like cranking fuel were not defined in the XDF. N55 E chassis is sort of the red head step child of the BMW turbo platform... Right in front of the N63 motor.

Last edited:

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
How many E-series N55 users do you think would purchase / use FF?
I have no idea, but that's not the point, the point is that I agree with you on the shortcomings of the jb4, and it doesn't benefit me for running e50, I'd have to calculate my mix anyway.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Where do tap boost on n54 ? Since we have electronic throttle blade should I tap on manifold or charge pipe. I know some say manifold so if throttle closes then meth stops but in would think on a shift you should keep flowing cause I'd rather be little rich then little lean. Also if was bigger event then the bov would release boost and it would stop flowing.

Also im debating on installing this controller cause I was looking forward to can bus and i need more then 2 outputs but twisted sent me the old controller not the new one. Does anyone know what he was referencing when he said the new one is faster ?

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
It is twisted tunings flow sensor and from what I understood the new mc1 has can bus abilities but I agree jb4 is the easiest most cost effective way to be safe. I do believe in the Jack of all master of none tho. Also properly setup during a shift if throttle blade shuts your meth would stop instantly with a fav anyway with a pump and reg solenoid still quick depending on placement and when relying on check valve ...ya that's a problem

you realize you can use whatever input you want with the MC1/MC2 right? You want meth to stop when throttle or pedal is released, you can send that info to the the meth controller. want meth to stop when you push the clutch? send that signal to the controller. the sky is the limit with the MC1/MC2. and yes, the MC2 will take canbus signals as well now with the added I/O expansion module. This is why i always recommend our controller. it can do as much or as little as you want it to do. Tie in the FF logic, best meth setup BARNONE! MC1/MC2 with Flex fuel logic on stock DME, best option with superior logging. PERIOT! haha.

"Map switch" via the flow sensor is doable. I did it in my testing of the FG1. And sure, you can use a voltage controller to get 2 to 3 maps via the FF logic if one so choose. just set it up right. the FF logic that @jyamona did on MHD his primary purpose was E85 flex fuel. But it has many other uses if one so wanted to use it for other stuff and can set it up right.

With the MC1/MC2 the ability to adjust flow whereever you want is a benefit, not a bad thing like some people try to make it seem. If you need help or ideas on how to set it up. Email me. I've done pretty much all there is to do with meth injection and our controller, and there is more to come with our upgraded MC2 which you have (sorry for the incorrect label on yours).

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Where do tap boost on n54 ? Since we have electronic throttle blade should I tap on manifold or charge pipe. I know some say manifold so if throttle closes then meth stops but in would think on a shift you should keep flowing cause I'd rather be little rich then little lean. Also if was bigger event then the bov would release boost and it would stop flowing.

Also im debating on installing this controller cause I was looking forward to can bus and i need more then 2 outputs but twisted sent me the old controller not the new one. Does anyone know what he was referencing when he said the new one is faster ?

updated description is here.

FYI, first couple people got the MC-2 for the MC-1 price which is $100 cheaper than the MC-2. i'll be updated the product photo soon. The new firmware should be out shortly and i'll send to you for yours. The other fittings and hose should be at your doorstep today or tomorrow as well. UPS said 1 day. and it was sent yesterday.

You should be getting boost from the manifold. not the chargepipe also

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
the FF logic that @jyamona did on MHD his primary purpose was E85 flex fuel. But it has many other uses if one so wanted to use it for other stuff and can set it up right.

Exactly. That's the beauty of it being tied to an open ended 0-5V input :)

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
updated description is here.

FYI, first couple people got the MC-2 for the MC-1 price which is $100 cheaper than the MC-2. i'll be updated the product photo soon. The new firmware should be out shortly and i'll send to you for yours. The other fittings and hose should be at your doorstep today or tomorrow as well. UPS said 1 day. and it was sent yesterday.

You should be getting boost from the manifold. not the chargepipe also
You dont have to send but can you tell me which block you recommend cause I didnt get y or distribution block.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
you realize you can use whatever input you want with the MC1/MC2 right? You want meth to stop when throttle or pedal is released, you can send that info to the the meth controller. want meth to stop when you push the clutch? send that signal to the controller. the sky is the limit with the MC1/MC2. and yes, the MC2 will take canbus signals as well now with the added I/O expansion module. This is why i always recommend our controller. it can do as much or as little as you want it to do. Tie in the FF logic, best meth setup BARNONE! MC1/MC2 with Flex fuel logic on stock DME, best option with superior logging. PERIOT! haha.

"Map switch" via the flow sensor is doable. I did it in my testing of the FG1. And sure, you can use a voltage controller to get 2 to 3 maps via the FF logic if one so choose. just set it up right. the FF logic that @jyamona did on MHD his primary purpose was E85 flex fuel. But it has many other uses if one so wanted to use it for other stuff and can set it up right.

With the MC1/MC2 the ability to adjust flow whereever you want is a benefit, not a bad thing like some people try to make it seem. If you need help or ideas on how to set it up. Email me. I've done pretty much all there is to do with meth injection and our controller, and there is more to come with our upgraded MC2 which you have (sorry for the incorrect label on yours).
And I was saying that your setup is better cause the fav will be instant and based off the manifold anyway.

Last edited:

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I also would like to purchase the io module and the screen if you have available. And isnt the mc2 metal instead of plastic?

Last edited:

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
What is the 4th wire on the flowgaurd for? I assume that since its orange it is for ignition but idk. Also should the flowgaurd go straight to dme or In my case should I run to the mc2 and then use a 0to5v output to dme ? Or just dont bother letting the mc2 see the flow at all ?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I'm trying to interpret the install from ff to flowgaurd but only one wire has a female connector so If you could please post or send instructions would be great. I assume the blue wire with connector replaces the white and purple one but then what does the orange wire do ?