Throttle response increase

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I am happy that you are testing the new values.

In first gear this is normal. You should normally get used to it but the stock torque request table with DCT is not ideal. Basically what should be done is to take a bit of torque request out. If you are able too, try the flash with linear throttle. If you want to stay with the stock like table you are getting into custom work. i think i am gonna contact ken to talk with him in detail about those tables. IMHO reduction of values is kind of difficult with stock torque request tables.

Reactions: derekgates

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i

These are the tables I use with the throttle settings. Works well on mine as well as my friends manual single turbo cars. The Requested Torque(Driver) table has been increased compared to stock to improve partial throttle overboost situations.

• Informative
Reactions: SJ_1989 and Jeffman

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Anybody have any luck using this on a 6AT? If so, what table values are working for you?
Hopefully I’ll be able to try this on my 6AT xi this weekend. Thanks.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
In the thread I made about tbis I posted links to the orig discovery of this table and conclusion was that on auto you can go zero but also auto has least to gain as far as corrections cause had least correction stock.

Reactions: Jeffman

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Bruh, look at the third post on this thread.
That was my point lmao . I linked the thread with info on autos and the original supposedly discovery.
When someone asks where they should sleep you say guest bedroom third door on right you don't say in the bed under blanket with head on pillow. I would hope someone looking for info makes it to the third post. If was on third page I'd see your point.
I know you were messing around and so am I Just encase anyone takes this wrong way.

Reactions: Traf

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Update: I was able to modify the throttle tables of my unlocked self-tuned FlexFuel bin using just the throttle XDF for IJEOS. Since I’m 6AT xi I followed the recommendations of 6AT users over in that E90post thread. I zeroed out all the 6AT tables except for reverse and kept my linear throttle mapping checked in MHD.
Initial Results: Definitely more sensitive throttle! The engine responds better. I just need to slightly press the accelerator and the engine responds instantly.
Many thanks to @JohnDaviz and @RSL !

noorj

Corporal
Jul 12, 2017
Detroit, MI
Ride
'07 E90 335i
Hey guys, don't mean to step on anyone's toes here but I added the throttle correction tables into my flex fuel I8AOS XDF so it's easier to manipulate / all contained in one XDF, file is attached

Attachments

• I8A0S (Standard Units) - Flex Fuel - ThrottleCorr.zip
    29.7 KB · Views: 35

Beem335i

Aug 17, 2019
Ride
2007 BMW 335i
Just modified my tables last night, what a night day difference! I'm running 90% reduction. Zeroe'd out tables after 2k rpms, 07 E92 335i using RFP Stage 2.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Yup! I've been driving with the modified throttle tables for two weeks now. I may be experiencing a little throttle oscillation when driving sportily in sport mode. :) All in all, a very nice mod for spirited driving.

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .
Is the consensus to apply linear throttle option in MHD for this on the 6AT? Or doesnt matter?

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Just modified my tables last night, what a night day difference! I'm running 90% reduction. Zeroe'd out tables after 2k rpms, 07 E92 335i using RFP Stage 2.

Try uploading the new RFP revision v11 and see what you think. Its fantastic even completely untouched.

Is the consensus to apply linear throttle option in MHD for this on the 6AT? Or doesnt matter?
Im using standard throttle on my auto xi with RFPs throttle revisions that are night and day over before.

XHP told me linear throttle was not to be used in conjunction with their trans flash. So i haven't tried with it

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
@V8bait I would ask justin what he does cause I always ran linear throttle but he set my throttle Map at a hybrid in between map and it feels great when I normally feel like I'm gonna end up in the trees when sideways with stock throttle map. I am curious as well if he uses these smoothing tables.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I have the linear throttle like in the old v8bait starter maps and have zeroed out the tables with my 07 AT with xhp stage 3 and it's been just what I was hoping for.
You dont get any oscillations ? @V8bait warned me of shift anomalies. I do think he may be mt on his personal vehicle so he is prob going off feedback and im sure if you aren't smooth with throttle it could make a twitch turn into a downshift with no filtering.