Ti Automotive (Walbro) 274 vs 285 vs 295

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I'm had a few issues to sort out with my car not related to the lpfp in the last few months so no track work here

But testing the pump on some mountain passes has seen no issues.

I'm running on e50 atm to test a new product coming to market but the 295 seems to be holding up nicely up to 700 rwhp.

Chill

Lurker
Jan 28, 2019
Ride
BMW 1M
I think he was referring to auto x/circuit racing...
Exactly, I refer to the issues I have read from others, during circuit racing. If fuel starvation is still an issue without bucket and big hydramat Marty is using.
The second option is the radium surge tank modified for my 1M as the height is an issue for the 1 series.
Third option is the pfs solution bucketed with two pumps but I do not wanna run a hobbs switch, therefore I prefer to wait for the new bms controller.
At the end I need a clean and stable solution for my ST, to have it race ready for next season.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Interesting. How do you mean legit? This seller? The listing is half and half 525/535 so doesn't seem clear.

Either way I sent them a message.

Got mine from here. I did some research and comparisons to fakes and I believe the pump is legit. I wasn’t happy with the way they shipped it, but it apparently he has shipped them this way for years without issue. I Posted pictures in a different thread in case you are interested. Pump is in the car and has zero issues.

Reactions: ShocknAwe

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Got mine from here. I did some research and comparisons to fakes and I believe the pump is legit. I wasn’t happy with the way they shipped it, but it apparently he has shipped them this way for years without issue. I Posted pictures in a different thread in case you are interested. Pump is in the car and has zero issues.

Ordered. Can it just be straight swapped for a 450?

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Interesting. How do you mean legit? This seller? The listing is half and half 525/535 so doesn't seem clear.

Either way I sent them a message.
Ordered. Can it just be straight swapped for a 450?
from what I understand, they are the same size. I ended up getting the diy kit from pfs. Their kit worked with either pump so I’m assuming they are the same.

one thing that was different from the 450 is I started getting the fuel pump code when I would turn off the car. I fixed that with the coding file on n54tech. I can walk you through what I did if you get the error and need help.

Reactions: PFS

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I appreciate it man. Yeah I have the PR DIY Stg2 kit in my stock bucket, so hoping to be able to just straight switch the pump. Thinking I probably won't need anything from the install kit, maybe the wiring? Do I need to change any fuses?

What LPFP code were you getting? Problem N55 vs 54?

from what I understand, they are the same size. I ended up getting the diy kit from pfs. Their kit worked with either pump so I’m assuming they are the same.

one thing that was different from the 450 is I started getting the fuel pump code when I would turn off the car. I fixed that with the coding file on n54tech. I can walk you through what I did if you get the error and need help.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
I appreciate it man. Yeah I have the PR DIY Stg2 kit in my stock bucket, so hoping to be able to just straight switch the pump. Thinking I probably won't need anything from the install kit, maybe the wiring? Do I need to change any fuses?

What LPFP code were you getting? Problem N55 vs 54?

I unfortunately never scanned the code. I knew what it was the first time it popped up so I just did the coding trick. Here is the thread: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42012

I think the only thing you may need is the stock connector to splice in. Maybe the filter that pushes on the bottom of the pump? I remember that thing was hard to push on so not sure how easy it will be to remove the one from the 450.

• Love
Reactions: ShocknAwe

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
for all those that havent made up their mind

i am running 93 pump fuel and was on a PR Stage 2 kit which came with a walbro 267 pump, it worked fine when i had stock turbos but...
after i upgraded to pure stage 2 dd, lpfp and hpfp pressures always drops off after 5000 rpm to low 50s psi and 900 psi, bought a 274 pump to replace but it didnt do much
car dynoed 450 whp and i get timing corrections in higher rpms if i try to add timing

got fed up and replaced it with a @PFS kit and a walbro 295 which solved all my fueling issues
car has no issues with cold cranking without a checkvalve (its mid 20C here currently and doesnt really get colder than 10C)
lpfp stays above 60 psi, hpfp stays above 1500 psi

Reactions: PFS

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
for all those that havent made up their mind

i am running 93 pump fuel and was on a PR Stage 2 kit which came with a walbro 267 pump, it worked fine when i had stock turbos but...
after i upgraded to pure stage 2 dd, lpfp and hpfp pressures always drops off after 5000 rpm to low 50s psi and 900 psi, bought a 274 pump to replace but it didnt do much
car dynoed 450 whp and i get timing corrections in higher rpms if i try to add timing

got fed up and replaced it with a @PFS kit and a walbro 295 which solved all my fueling issues
car has no issues with cold cranking without a checkvalve (its mid 20C here currently and doesnt really get colder than 10C)
lpfp stays above 60 psi, hpfp stays above 1500 psi
I'm actually at 625hp running straight E85 on a single walbro 450, i don't know which one but not 295.
It's hard to believe that you would have LPFP issues at 450whp on 93, are you sure your problem isnt elsewhere and the 295 pump just masked it ?