matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I have a couple of questions for OP.
What trans are you running ?
Why are you looking for that specific WHP ?
What goals ?
Roll race ?
Will you 1/4 mile this car ?
There are many factors to consider. You can have a 650 whp car and get smoked if you like running light to light by a car with way less power.
What will suspension mods look like ? Traction ?
If the car cant hook, all extra power means nothing. Just look at hellcats getting smoked light to light. No traction and shitty drivers.
What fuel would you be running ? E93s can definitely benefit by having plenty of torque, not just whp. E93s are 4100 lbs with nobody in it.
Mine is right at about 600whp and 560lb ft torque. And I have already broken 2 axles. 1 stock, 1 Mfactory/ YCW.
Neither was launch, just rolling. Things to consider, more power, more risk.
Why that hp? No particular reason.
Propulsive Dynamics trans.
Freeway race only. Never city lights.
Too dangerous for all parties and for hardware.
E85 flexfuel
M3 suspension and bushings
Differential brace
M factory lsd
Dinan trailing arms
Turner upper and lower billet shock mounts
Koni yellows
Eibach springs
M3 front rear sway bars
M performance rear brakes with ecs tuning rotor two piece
Rotora front 6 piston with floating ultra light rotors
335is engine mounts
Rogue engineering trans mounts.

Will upgrade to m3 turner monoball front arms soon.
And lastly replace 140 lb front seat pair with 50 lbs. Racing seat pair.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlowE93

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Why that hp? No particular reason.
Propulsive Dynamics trans.
Freeway race only. Never city lights.
Too dangerous for all parties and for hardware.
E85 flexfuel
M3 suspension and bushings
Differential brace
M factory lsd
Dinan trailing arms
Turner upper and lower billet shock mounts
Koni yellows
Eibach springs
M3 front rear sway bars
M performance real breaks with ecs tuning rotor two piece
Rotora front 6 piston with floating ultra light rotors
335is engine mounts
Rogue engineering trans mounts.

Will upgrade to m3 turner monoball front arms soon.
And lastly replace 140 lb front seat pair with 50 lbs. Racing seat pair.
Whats the track record with that trans ? Meaning, how many have it, what power level, etc ? What does PD say you can throw at it ? Warranty ? Im interested in upgrading mine.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Only one that blew was running low viscosity fluid by accident. Motiv has one I believe and alot of 700 to 800 hp builds. Im running around 600 whp and I barely reduce torque on shifts compared to stock i would either have slow shifts or on fast shifts would pause in acceleration. Now I can chirp gears in some conditions with 275 nt05s

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
Only one that blew was running low viscosity fluid by accident. Motiv has one I believe and alot of 700 to 800 hp builds. Im running around 600 whp and I barely reduce torque on shifts compared to stock i would either have slow shifts or on fast shifts would pause in acceleration. Now I can chirp gears in some conditions with 275 nt05s
Whats the ticket on one ? Any warranty ? Is it full trans and valvebody tricked out or ???

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Whats the track record with that trans ? Meaning, how many have it, what power level, etc ? What does PD say you can throw at it ? Warranty ? Im interested in upgrading mine.

Not many have it. Rated nominal 720whp.
You cannot buy it anymore. You can only buy the bushings and clutch packs from Precision Raceworks who is an authorized dealer and licensed to sell. You must either install yourself or find a shop to do so. And that does not include valvebody upgrade...although my valvebody was not really upgraded by the contracted shop. You must email Precision Raceworks to find out their pricing and install recommendations and warranty.

I had shifting problems on xhp for two years and xhp was not helpful when it came to asking them for a fix for the sporadic uncontrolled shifting...after two years, with Rob09sport's suggestions and others, I just tried maximum shift speed settings on xhp stage 3 and now it shifts like it should being an upgraded unit. Very good IF you know how to set xhp. If you use their stock settings from PD, then there are no shifting issues but shifting is slower.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
Not many have it. Rated nominal 720whp.
You cannot buy it anymore. You can only buy the bushings and clutch packs from Precision Raceworks who is an authorized dealer and licensed to sell. You must either install yourself or find a shop to do so. And that does not include valvebody upgrade...although my valvebody was not really upgraded by the contracted shop. You must email Precision Raceworks to find out their pricing and install recommendations and warranty.

I had shifting problems on xhp for two years and xhp was not helpful when it came to asking them for a fix for the sporadic uncontrolled shifting...after two years, with Rob09sport's suggestions and others, I just tried maximum shift speed settings on xhp stage 3 and now it shifts like it should being an upgraded unit. Very good IF you know how to set xhp. If you use their stock settings from PD, then there are no shifting issues but shifting is slower.
Thanks man, appreciate the insight.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
The kit is the clutches and bushings precision raceworks sells the kit. You always bought the kit their just was a deal where euro trans worked out a price including rest if parts for rebuild ,they kinda screwed alot of people and had my kit for almost yr playing games with me for install before I got my parts back. Also they screwed matreya and did crap job on alot of converters for other people that got rebuilds. The converter is good for around 1200nm and same as higher hp cars. Jason actually recommended I don't use euro trans after his beta run . Everything went good but he didnt like the customer service on their part. The thing was before xhp noone could tune for kit so eurotrans was your only choice but Jason at pd rated at 30 percent above stock which stock handles 600 ft lb with alpina or xhp . I paid 1200 for my kit and then I bought a zip kit from a diesel performance shop sub coast I believe was the name and then I bought solenoids from fcp. So about 1600 I'd say then i paid g for rebuild not including removal and I ordered fcp refresh kit with all the gaskets and pan bit if you call you can have them modify ticket to have pentosin atf1 which is the required fluid as it's slightly higher viscosity then zf. It's very important to use that fluid not the lv version or zf lifeguard. Only thing I didnt get was foam strip but it's like a 10 dollar part and mine e was good plus I wasnt aware at the time it even existed.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlowE93

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
The kit is the clutches and bushings precision raceworks sells the kit. You always bought the kit their just was a deal where euro trans worked out a price including rest if parts for rebuild ,they kinda screwed alot of people and had my kit for almost yr playing games with me for install before I got my parts back. Also they screwed matreya and did crap job on alot of converters for other people that got rebuilds. The converter is good for around 1200nm and same as higher hp cars. Jason actually recommended I don't use euro trans after his beta run . Everything went good but he didnt like the customer service on their part. The thing was before xhp noone could tune for kit so eurotrans was your only choice but Jason at pd rated at 30 percent above stock which stock handles 600 ft lb with alpina or xhp . I paid 1200 for my kit and then I bought a zip kit from a diesel performance shop sub coast I believe was the name and then I bought solenoids from fcp. So about 1600 I'd say then i paid g for rebuild not including removal and I ordered fcp refresh kit with all the gaskets and pan bit if you call you can have them modify ticket to have pentosin atf1 which is the required fluid as it's slightly higher viscosity then zf. It's very important to use that fluid not the lv version or zf lifeguard. Only thing I didnt get was foam strip but it's like a 10 dollar part and mine e was good plus I wasnt aware at the time it even existed.
Thanks for the info !

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I get 4090 curb weight (mine is 2008),for E93 on google search. I should weigh mine one of these days and see where im at.

I would like to find a place to do accurate weighing also.
I have eaten RS5 alive multiple times FBO stock turbo. They cannot keep up at all...even before port injection. Same thing with RS7 driver vs. my car with 4 full grown adults inside.

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus and SlowE93

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
I would like to find a place to do accurate weighing also.
I have eaten RS5 alive multiple times FBO stock turbo. They cannot keep up at all...even before port injection. Same thing with RS7 driver vs. my car with 4 full grown adults inside.
Last week I ran into a 2019 Porsche 992 spitting flames on the freeway. Was a good run. These are fun cars, but true money pits :(

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Find guys that race. They typically have scales to do corner weighting.

EDIT: Sorry forgot where I am - find a shop that does road racing.

Filippo

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I heard those places can be off by 100lbs...
People have said that, and while some may be, I had a bet with friends years ago that they were accurate to 10lbs. We had e guys go to the truck stop and with just themselves, and then went to a gym and weighed in. Every one was within 2lbs.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Scales, and any range of measure mechanical device, dairy and accuracy across the range in which they measure. Could be back on at 20% afraid of measure, and off by a country mile at 80% rate of measure.

Filippo

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
I would think certificates of weight for the DOT would be pretty regulated.

Heck.. The gigantic scale at the dump shows the difference with me out of the mini van and they are large enough for the biggest trucks out there.

• Agree
Reactions: langsbr

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
OK UPDATE.... GREAT CAESAR'S GHOST....

I been taking the car apart a few minutes a day and have come to a conclusion.
Bad turbo seals, leading to milky like cottage cheese substance in catch can and under oil cap. Wait...wait, don't type yet. I know what you're thinking... blown head gasket.... NOPE.

Here is why I think so. Checked the coolant... so far, very clean. Checked the oil and oil filter housing unit...nothing except pure oil. So no oil and coolant are mixing. But where could this coolant be condensing inside the valve cover then? There was little to no oil in the intake intercooler pipe or throttle body innards... So I am guessing (and at this point only a guess because I have not gotten to the turbo removal yet)... that the turbo seal area/zip code...that area may be damage such that coolant is being blown into the engine somehow.... At the time of the incident, ambient temps were 60ºF and engine was below 160ºf so it isn't temperature damage...and max boost on my car is around 22 to 24 psi.

Also can be leaky injectors leading to milky residue... because I did get an injector cut off fault when it died. And there is absolutely zero coolant smell anywhere in the engine or exhaust. Only oil smells. Upon inspection of oil, it was a bit watery...like it was diluted with gasoline or something.

Any opinions or theories appreciated and considered. But I seriously don't think it would be a head gasket...at the most it might be a valve cover thing but that's improbable also imo. I have the dual catch can setup and plugged ports almost a year ago with zero issues.

Last edited:

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Are you doing short drives? I had that issue in my E46 when doing short drives. It would get a build up of that white milky crud. Let the engine fully warm up and that would stop happening.