Tire Talk

Discussion in 'Traction | Handling | Drivetrain' started by Bmwfixerguy1, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Bmwfixerguy1

Bmwfixerguy1 Lieutenant

07 335i MT
    What tires does everyone run? With higher and higher HP levels up goes the demand for better tires.

The PSS was ok I suppose for the 400hp level, i suppose.. now with 600whp being more and more common the trusty ole pilot super sports leaves a lot to be desired.

-I run a m3/4 sizes on purpose because I snag the tires warranty ones outta the "trash"

So 255/35r19 fronts
    275/35r19 rears

The poll-
    -What is the estimated whp
    -what tires
    -what size
    -most important how satisfied are you with the performance

2. PUTC

PUTC Private

08 335xi
    I’m about 350whp and I run federal 595SS. 235/40/17. I’m AWD so I don’t have much a problem putting down the powa. 350$ mounted and balanced. I absolutely love them and they in no way hurt my pocket book. They supposedly run about 10mm wider than stated on tire. Have never had any trouble in the rain as some people claim. Very happy.

3. Bmwfixerguy1

Bmwfixerguy1 Lieutenant

07 335i MT
    Yea I'm gonna need a little more than that lol. I did look at the 595 RS RR as they are cheap, can get them in my sizes and great reviews abroad.

I just can't get over there tread design it screams late 90s ricer lol

4. PUTC

PUTC Private

08 335xi
    Yes you will definitely need more than what I have, lol. The RS RR from all reviews I have seen will be the ones I go to after I get a few more mods and my coils replaced. If you can go 275 wide should be able to handle your power. I do agree with the tread pattern, though, kinda sucks

5. big_ed

big_ed New Member

335i
    I run 285 continental DWS in the back of my e93.
    I dont have issues putting the powa down, not sure if due to the extra vert weight, tires, lsd or combination of it all.

On another note, how the heck are you able to fit 255/19s up front... i wish

6. camberadam

camberadam Corporal

Baltimore
    Tasmin Green e92
    Is it just a toy? Or are you still commuting? Rain or shine?

I went toyo r888r so I wouldn't have to worry about hooking, but I'm only driving mine when I want to, not because I have to.

7. about 400whp, i go through tires quick because of track days and canyon runs and daily driving. i go through about 3-4 sets of a year.

my favorite tires by far are the re71r. amazing grip but no tread life. i would get 3 track days and on the 4th id get 2 sessions in before they looked like straight slicks. i switched to the nexen nfera sur4(nonG) and those were great as well. great grip and great trip life.

on my daily i have the hankook rs4 and like them alot. i track my daily A3 and i got the hankooks because they are stiff sidewalls and dont roll over much and i dont kill the outside of the tires on track days and the grip really well.

8. About 550hp single pt5858. Runnning R888 295/30-19. Pretty happy with them but it's about at their limit. Rear does wiggle from time to time.

9. big_ed

big_ed New Member

335i
    Mind sharing the specs on that rear rim, that you were able to fit a 295...?

Also are you on the e90 or e92/3?

Thx.

10. The rim is a little narrow but 19x9.5 et45 on a lci e90.