Torque specs

Zmfc88

Oct 17, 2017
Ride
2009 335i sedan
So I'm redoing the oil filter housing gasket and oil cooler gaskets this week and have tried to purchase a repair manual for the n54 with no luck, does any one have the torque specs for this job or know where I can find them

Zmfc88

Oct 17, 2017
Ride
2009 335i sedan
Yea, that was kinda my last resort if I couldn't find anything, I know that BMW uses a torque to yield on the N54 engines so I was hoping someone would have something

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Yea, that was kinda my last resort if I couldn't find anything, I know that BMW uses a torque to yield on the N54 engines so I was hoping someone would have something

I have literally replaced hundreds of oil filter housing and cooler gaskets.. might have torqued one when we were doing cylinder heads on the n52s all the time..
You will be fine, just walk em down even and snug em up good with a 1/4 medium sized ratchet.
They are steel bolts no fancy AL bolts for either.

If you have an external n54 type oil cooler get yourself the o rings on the lines. You have to remove that 13mm bolt and the oil cooler lines to get at one of the cooler bolts.

Don't take the manifold all the way off either, just remove all hardware. You can reuse those intake gaskets. It will be ok if you have less than 600 thousand miles on your car ;)

Reactions: Zmfc88