Twisted Tuning N55 Development

RbBugBitMe

May 3, 2017
www.pdvmotorsports.com
Ride
2014 335i xdrive
93 octane. I have both datalogs running the same third gear pull and the 93 octane version was almost two and a half seconds faster so the tune was definitely different. I did a back up after each run and verified myself with the tunerpro compare feature that both bin files are identical.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
93 octane. I have both datalogs running the same third gear pull and the 93 octane version was almost two and a half seconds faster so the tune was definitely different. I did a back up after each run and verified myself with the tunerpro compare feature that both bin files are identical.

You can't backup the mHD ots map. It's read protected. So if you hit backup. While you had the OTS flash on The Us simply backed up the stock bin again. That would explain why they were the same.

The OTS maps are locked so people can't do what you just tried to do.

RbBugBitMe

May 3, 2017
www.pdvmotorsports.com
Ride
2014 335i xdrive
What I mean is, I've seen other cars that pull timing for inputs other than knock such as high IATs. Would the raw knock numbers be a better indicator of what's happening if we could log them?

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
What I mean is, I've seen other cars that pull timing for inputs other than knock such as high IATs. Would the raw knock numbers be a better indicator of what's happening if we could log them?

Ahhh, now i see what you're asking for. Currently knock sensors signal is not loggable. But yes, these cars will pull timing for things other than knock retarding.

Things to look at for seeing which is which.
-torque actual flatlining
-actual timing dropping without timing corrections registering (most often going negative to reduce torque)
-lower than usual boost request compared to load request

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Sneak peek at the start of what is shooting for being the first 750+whp E-series N55. The year of the N55. Flash only tuning by us here at Twisted Tuning with MHD Flasher from MHD Tuning

DCT/GTX3583R Gen2/Direct Port Meth Injection

Stay tuned for updates....

#TwistedTuning #BMW #335i #335xi #DCT #MethInjection #MHDFlasher #Horsepower #Torque #SpoolStreet #e90post #bummerboost #N55 #Snowperformance #Directport #Carswithoutlimits

21055296_1983387658567329_8875072848920594978_o.png

keyap

Lurker
Sep 2, 2017
Ride
N55 135i
Sneak peek at the start of what is shooting for being the first 750+whp E-series N55. The year of the N55. Flash only tuning by us here at Twisted Tuning with MHD Flasher from MHD Tuning

DCT/GTX3583R Gen2/Direct Port Meth Injection

Stay tuned for updates....

#TwistedTuning #BMW #335i #335xi #DCT #MethInjection #MHDFlasher #Horsepower #Torque #SpoolStreet #e90post #bummerboost #N55 #Snowperformance #Directport #Carswithoutlimits

Looks promising :D

How's that DCT holding up? Any mods? Also, anything in the flash to increase plate pressure (from memory, plate pressure caps out when the DME sees a max of 21psi) and are you noticing anything due to torque limiters?

Thanks

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Looks promising :D

How's that DCT holding up? Any mods? Also, anything in the flash to increase plate pressure (from memory, plate pressure caps out when the DME sees a max of 21psi) and are you noticing anything due to torque limiters?

Thanks

Haven't had any issues thus far. Car has made 730whp already. So we'll see what happens.

keyap

Lurker
Sep 2, 2017
Ride
N55 135i
Jeez that's impressive. I know there's a lot of talk re 8lbs flywheel weight reduction to eliminate false knock to remove misfires but...... there's got to be more to it than that! I'm guessing something triggered by the PS2 Vs the GTX3583R must be contributing - twin scroll back pressure??????

Are you seeing any post shift timing issues?

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
Jeez that's impressive. I know there's a lot of talk re 8lbs flywheel weight reduction to eliminate false knock to remove misfires but...... there's got to be more to it than that! I'm guessing something triggered by the PS2 Vs the GTX3583R must be contributing - twin scroll back pressure??????

Are you seeing any post shift timing issues?

Stock dmfw can take a bit of abuse, but the springs inside it are only meant to handle so much torque... Its going to start rattling/oscillating sooner or later if it hasn't been replaced.