IMG_1860.JPG

Reactions: doublespaces

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I went with LUX and is decently bright for the price and very easy to install

He asked about for an E90. There is NO SUCH THING as "easy to install" on an E90. The permaseal glue is not temperature dependent and is a massive pain in the ass to remove. Not impossible, but not much fun. Takes a couple hours per light.

ASquared

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Las Vegas
He asked about for an E90. There is NO SUCH THING as "easy to install" on an E90. The permaseal glue is not temperature dependent and is a massive pain in the ass to remove. Not impossible, but not much fun. Takes a couple hours per light.
Pretty sure he meant just using Lux H8 bulbs but I agree, space is tight even when doing that.

As for getting the E90 lights opened, not that difficult at all. Yes it’s permasealed, but I had each light open within an hour each using the dremel. The process I took was all in my build thread. The whole job wasn’t difficult if you know what you are doing. It’s more tedious than anything. Most stressful thing of it all was making sure the halos were all aligned. But overall, definitely not for the feint of heart.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
That makes sense - yeah, bulbs are no sweat. I don't want to give the impression that E90 headlights are impossible - it's definitely doable, but people need to realize that popping them in the oven for 15 minutes ain't gonna cut it, lol. I think as you said, tedious was the better term than difficult. I didn't have trouble, it just took a while. I didn't dremel mine, I heated the lip and bent it back, which likely took longer.

camberadam

Sergeant
Feb 15, 2017
Baltimore
Ride
Tasmin Green e92
Good timing on asking, we have first article samples arriving tomorrow (according to FedEx). Had a couple issues to work out with mold maker that we could see in photos which pushed things back about 2 weeks changing the mold layout. We expect to possibly see some other minor cosmetic issues and need another round of samples but we shall see tomorrow!

@PRECISION RACEWORKS how are you guys making out on these (sorry if I missed an update somewhere)?