Upgraded T04 turbos for less $ than stock! Wtf? Link inside

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Exactly. And like I said, it's really a bummer cause Rob has done some excellent things in the past. But I guess a lot of us are destined to become grumpy old men stuck in our ways at some point, right?

I'm sorry Robert, then I'll keep it short for you this time I guess. I was under the impression my shorter posts made me appear unintelligent and misinformed about the platform (to you, anyway) and you seemed confused by my last couple posts so I expanded on them for you. But I digress, here you go:

1: Once again, you're completely ignoring both physical evidence and dismissing others'statements that hold equal weight as yours just to "prove" your point. You keep saying that what you state is a fact, simply because you're saying it. No evidence or even a tiny shred of proof = slander and libel for sure at worst, at best just a bald-faced lie if you admit you have no evidence (which at this point would be fine and is honestly welcomed.) None of those are a good look for a company, especially when you keep attacking your own customers. This is probably reason #1 why you sell over 3x less turbos in a week than inquiries you answer on a Monday morning (per you.) It turns logical thinkers off.

2: I don't (nor does anyone) need "a TON of information or a thesis statement", let alone even a paragraph if that's too much to ask of you. As I said before, a simple picture or two showing how we as customers can be completely reassured those Chinese turbos are 100% one and the same as your competitor's turbos is more than enough. That's all any of us need. Also again, I don't even care if you want to post pictures of your own "superior" setup either.

3: I'm well aware of what the differences in certain metal alloys are, where the raw materials for them often come from, and even how they effect Turbo performance, so no thesis needed there either.

4: Like I said I'm a repeat customer of yours, so I've reached out to you in several forms before actually - including over the phone -and never had anything explained much further than "do it this way, just trust me, cause I know." At best you're self-referential when coming up with reasons for your answers. Kinda like you keep doing now. So I'm not sure what another phone call would solve, especially if you think I'm either an unintelligent idiot who doesn't understand stock photo forensics like you do or if I'm somehow just a "hater" despite having supported your company and being a user of your products.

The only thing I'll rest assured of after this thread is that you don't care about the community you supposedly serve, and that you'd rather resort to personal insults than provide "obvious evidence."

Most everything you mention has already been covered in many other threads, pictures and all, including from 3rd party purchasers (ie. I bought from so and so USA vendor but my turbos looked identical to these chinese turbos). Even in this very thread, did you even read it? (HINT: Page 10) The vendors in question themselves even admit it, but say "yes, they look the same but we build them ourselves and with our own sourced internals"- just one of the many bits that you have mixed up.

Regarding the tail end of your #1 point and our sales emails, indeed, many email and some for months on end before pulling the trigger. We have seen some who wait over a year before pulling the trigger. We suppose they are the types who query many vendors and/or do a ton of research before finally make a decision, the window shopping types as it may go. Regardless of the amount of time "tire kicking", we still respond and help them along as we can. If they go elsewhere, it is ok, that is business you do not win them all. That you think that is a reason for a companies shortcoming is a bit telling about your intentions even posting here.

At any rate you may dig deeper if you like on this, that, or any other topic and then ring us up for a friendly discussion; then feel free to clear it up online thereafter as you wish. Keep in mind we do not owe you anything however are still willing to take aside the amount of time it may take to appease you as single consumer, of whom clearly has zero interest in doing any further business with us.

Otherwise if we continue on this pace we will be happy to add you to the 3rd position of our Spoolstreet ignored troll list, and we are ok if that is reciprocated from you or any other who may wish to exercise the function.

Rob

Last edited:

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
The only thing I'll rest assured of after this thread is that you don't care about the community you supposedly serve, and that you'd rather resort to personal insults than provide "obvious evidence."

Boom - you hit the nail on the head. Rob only denigrates his competition. The last evidence of anything worth mentioning was a car that went 10.90s three years ago, and as Rob loves to point out, it did what all the rest are doing. Other than cutting a good 60 ft to get into the 10s, there was nothing spectacular about the run. 130 traps are now par for hybrids I'd say. It's brought up that it's not running PI, but it is running meth - how much of that meth was going towards fueling though, eh?

Plus, 1/4 mile performance isn't the only thing in the world - and I'd argue one of the least important things to people on this platform. Hell, Jake Spence's car makes at LEAST 150WHP more than that car did and it still ran 130s. Does that mean Jake really didn't make 750WHP? No, it just means that the setup isn't ideal for 1/4. Put that RB car vs Jake in a roll race and the outcome would likely be much different.

We already know Rob tried to get the Zage housings. Once he couldn't he had to trash them as less superior than the OEM double wall stainless steel. No one complains about a nice Tial stainless turbine housing on a single though...

All of the evidence of jealousy are apparent. For all the "sets being sold" Rob has the only set of 100% customer base that has never heard of the internet - at all. Not forums or Facebook. I'm not naive enough to think that everyone posts about their purchases, but if no one is - is there really anyone using them?

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Most everything you mention has already been covered in many other threads, pictures and all, including from 3rd party purchasers (ie. I bought from so and so USA vendor but my turbos looked identical to these chinese turbos). Even in this very thread, did you even read it? (HINT: Page 10) The vendors in question themselves even admit it, but say "yes, they look the same but we build them ourselves and with our own sourced internals"- just one of the many bits that you have mixed up.

Regarding the tail end of your #1 point and our sales emails, indeed, many email and some for months on end before pulling the trigger. We have seen some who wait over a year before pulling the trigger. We suppose they are the types who query many vendors and/or do a ton of research before finally make a decision, the window shopping types as it may go. Regardless of the amount of time "tire kicking", we still respond and help them along as we can. If they go elsewhere, it is ok, that is business you do not win them all. That you think that is a reason for a companies shortcoming is a bit telling about your intentions even posting here.

At any rate you may dig deeper if you like on this, that, or any other topic and then ring us up for a friendly discussion; then feel free to clear it up online thereafter as you wish. Keep in mind we do not owe you anything however are still willing to take aside the amount of time it may take to appease you as single consumer, of whom clearly has zero interest in doing any further business with us.

Otherwise if we continue on this pace we will be happy to add you to the 3rd position of our Spoolstreet ignored troll list, and we are ok if that is reciprocated from you or any other who may wish to exercise the function.

Rob
Again, you go back on your original point when proven wrong (from "100% definitely the same Turbo" to "they even say they just build them themselves" now, which is still false - the only thing Chris said came from "overseas" is the manifold, so thanks for yet again confirming what we've all been saying about these not being the same *turbos*), you claim there's tons of info out there but don't provide a single link of evidence, and the closest you come to doing so contradicts your earlier posts of "these are 100% certainly a competitor's Stage 2+ turbos" and even contradicts what you were hinting at with your post about "who knows if they even change the internals/ if they source their own / if they do, then if they even balance them themselves". I'll go ahead and insert the quote you're referencing for you though, with the irrelevant information removed and some personally-added italics to help highlight for you what Chris already had bolded, since you seem to be confused on some points:

100% those are not our turbos. Good luck with them.

To address the claims that those are our turbos; that's a big negative. No. Every single VTT Stage 2 and Stage 2+ is assembled in-house by us, including all balancing processes. This means we have each individual component made for us. The cast manifolds are sourced overseas (this is not a secret), they are machined to our specs and have been for over a year. The compressor housing, again, is our own part number, our own logo cast into them. Bearing housings are machined to our specs, turbine wheels, our own part number, compressor wheels have our own part number (2+ uses a proprietary VTT compressor). Every internal part is sourced from a turbo manufacturer located in the UK.

Anyone is welcome to come down to the shop, check out our balancing/build process. We can walk you through it and show you what's done/how, and show you what we use. Meet the whole VTT team, talk some friendly trash, have some caffeine and gummy bears, see the shop, see how a turbo is built and how it's balanced. Beat that!

We'll be out at Shift Sector this weekend -if you're there (competing or not) please come over and introduce yourself. I'll be the guy that looks like me. Way prettier than Tony.

Finally, I apologize for my slow response to this thread. I look the forums over a time or two per day but honestly try not to spend a ton of time on them. Please -if you have any issues/questions/concerns about VTT products just email me directly.

Best,
Chris
As you can see Rob, not only does Chris confirm those aren't his turbos, he also explains the differences. He then goes on to physically invite *anyone* to the shop to watch how the turbos are made (I'll take a page from your book here since you don't like my long posts - photos of VTT's shop are widely available which is likely why he said you can come down in person if you're still skeptical, instead of name calling and providing a phone number like he really has any interest in talking to that person) and not only treats his own customers with respect, but competitor's customers too.

If you want to use the argument of people ordering both VTT turbos and Chinese turbos and them looking similar as definitive proof they're the same, then again we could mention the Chinese versions of your turbos. And if you want to use the word China as a reason the turbos aren't reliable, should we mention the recent pictures floating around FB of some of your turbos going bad?

Regarding me mentioning your turbo sales vs inquiries - I only brought them up because you used them as a way to try to demean and dismiss me. It was never my intention to bring up your steady decline in popularity until after that, because I don't really care how many you sell, though I still wish the best for you because I know financial struggles are no fun when running ones own business.

I almost certainly would order from your website again actually, because like I said you've produced some decent enough products over the years from my experience and thankfully your products don't come with your online attitude. But if you'd prefer to name call me one last time, put me on ignore and blacklist me from ordering from your site ever again in order to feel better about yourself because I pointed out you were wrong once and acting rude, go right ahead I suppose. I'll let you get back to selling those secretly-somehow-superior (but still worse performing, and similar if not worse reliability) turbos a handful of times a year for now.

It's unfortunate it took this much bullshit to get to this point but I think you and I have both proven all of my points by now. If you ever decide to give up on the N54, you'd do excellent in politics I suspect.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
*snip* No one complains about a nice Tial stainless turbine housing on a single though...

All of the evidence of jealousy are apparent. For all the "sets being sold" Rob has the only set of 100% customer base that has never heard of the internet - at all. Not forums or Facebook. I'm not naive enough to think that everyone posts about their purchases, but if no one is - is there really anyone using them?
I was trying to avoid the majority of those snipped points and stick to figuring out how he "knows for certain" they're exactly the same turbos as what his competition is currently selling. I was around for all of that but wanted to leave the past in the past for this discussion, as I did still genuinely respect Rob before this and we all make mistakes.

The second part is pretty funny though, I thought about bringing up the single turbo housings, plus exhaust manifolds or headers used across a whole host of cars but I assumed those facts would be ignored. I actually did recently see a rb customer post online recently though. However, it was a turbo where the inside was caked in oil and the turbine was fucked, so...

• Agree
Reactions: E92 420

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
Again, you go back on your original point when proven wrong (from "100% definitely the same Turbo" to "they even say they just build them themselves" now, which is still false - the only thing Chris said came from "overseas" is the manifold, so thanks for yet again confirming what we've all been saying about these not being the same *turbos*), you claim there's tons of info out there but don't provide a single link of evidence, and the closest you come to doing so contradicts your earlier posts of "these are 100% certainly a competitor's Stage 2+ turbos" and even contradicts what you were hinting at with your post about "who knows if they even change the internals/ if they source their own / if they do, then if they even balance them themselves". I'll go ahead and insert the quote you're referencing for you though, with the irrelevant information removed and some personally-added italics to help highlight for you what Chris already had bolded, since you seem to be confused on some points:

As you can see Rob, not only does Chris confirm those aren't his turbos, he also explains the differences. He then goes on to physically invite *anyone* to the shop to watch how the turbos are made (I'll take a page from your book here since you don't like my long posts - photos of VTT's shop are widely available which is likely why he said you can come down in person if you're still skeptical, instead of name calling and providing a phone number like he really has any interest in talking to that person) and not only treats his own customers with respect, but competitor's customers too.

If you want to use the argument of people ordering both VTT turbos and Chinese turbos and them looking similar as definitive proof they're the same, then again we could mention the Chinese versions of your turbos. And if you want to use the word China as a reason the turbos aren't reliable, should we mention the recent pictures floating around FB of some of your turbos going bad?

Regarding me mentioning your turbo sales vs inquiries - I only brought them up because you used them as a way to try to demean and dismiss me. It was never my intention to bring up your steady decline in popularity until after that, because I don't really care how many you sell, though I still wish the best for you because I know financial struggles are no fun when running ones own business.

I almost certainly would order from your website again actually, because like I said you've produced some decent enough products over the years from my experience and thankfully your products don't come with your online attitude. But if you'd prefer to name call me one last time, put me on ignore and blacklist me from ordering from your site ever again in order to feel better about yourself because I pointed out you were wrong once and acting rude, go right ahead I suppose. I'll let you get back to selling those secretly-somehow-superior (but still worse performing, and similar if not worse reliability) turbos a handful of times a year for now.

It's unfortunate it took this much bullshit to get to this point but I think you and I have both proven all of my points by now. If you ever decide to give up on the N54, you'd do excellent in politics I suspect.

If this tirade has been deduced from the link below, the only thing you have proven is that you suffer severely with reading comprehension.

https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads...stock-wtf-link-inside.3282/page-11#post-54153

You may want to spend a bit more time reading and trying to understand what is being said and a little less time trying to convey what it is you think you have interpreted, and in the meantime certainly do not quit your day job.

Also as it is rather obvious you are a fan of these China core based turbos, why not put your money where your mouth is and call up Frankenturbo, VTT (OEM through 2/2+), Alibaba, Ebay, AliExpress, etc. and pick yourself up a set.

For the others who prefer Genuine OEM quality core based turbos all that is left is companies such as RB, Pure, TTE, etc.

As they say different strokes for different folks...

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I am so nervous to even ask this I really just want to know but aren't your super rb evo turbos upgraded housing I know the rest of your turbos are oem housing I just thought your biggest ones were upgraded and please I am not saying China or bad I am saying bigger and good I really just am curious

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
I am so nervous to even ask this I really just want to know but aren't your super rb evo turbos upgraded housing I know the rest of your turbos are oem housing I just thought your biggest ones were upgraded and please I am not saying China or bad I am saying bigger and good I really just am curious

A turbo always has two housings (Compressor Housing and Turbine Housing) and a center section as its main housing components.

1) Compressor housing: Typically aluminum and as long as it is machined correctly is going to function as intended. The metallurgical qualities of this housing are less critical as it functions in very low temp ranges (ie. sub 500F degrees).

2) Turbine housing: Available in a variety of materials some better than others however superior metallurgical structure is absolutely critical due to very high EGT's (Exhaust Gas Temperatures) that can be seen especially in extreme performance conditions (ie. up to 2,000F degrees).

3) Centersection: Usually a form of cast iron, which by nature is usually very robust regardless but suffers with surface oxidation.

Now to answer this question and not knowing which housing you are referring to specifically, we will summarize each one below for the Super RB EVO product you specify:

1) Compressor housing: We use a raw sourced Native TD04 housing that we 100% machine ourselves at our own machine shop (as we do all of our products) per pictures below.

2) Turbine housing: We use the Genuine OEM housing modified for a TD04 flange to accept the full TD04 centersection (#3).

NOTE: We could be utilizing the alternative "New Cast TD04" Zage housings for the past year or so now, but we feel the OEM housing is vastly superior when it comes to design and metallurgical structure and while retaining very similar airflow potential. The Chinaframe Turbine housings being discussed in this thread are flanged for TD03 centersections, and are not weldable such that they can not be modified to TD04. As per the other cast offerings they seem to be vastly inferior to the OEM turbine housings which were reverse-engineered to create them. They are however cheap and new and have wastegates already installed which helps tremendously with the bottom line.

3) Centersection: We use a native TD04 centersection modified to accept all N54 oil and coolant line provisioning.

Keep in mind we have numerous N54 Turbo product offerings, this is simply the breakdown of the one you have ever so politely requested.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• SuperRBEVORawCompHousing.JPG
    SuperRBEVORawCompHousing.JPG
    404 KB · Views: 123
  • SuperRBEVOMachinedCompHousing.JPG
    SuperRBEVOMachinedCompHousing.JPG
    523 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Chinaframe Turbine housings being discussed in this thread are flanged for TD03 centersections, and are not weldable such that they can not be modified to TD04.

3) Centersection: We use a native TD04 centersection modified to accept all N54 oil and coolant line provisioning.

Using TD04 Center sections vs. the competition using TD03 is a pretty big deal imo. I'm honestly surprised it is not brought up more when trying to compare turbos offerings on the market. There is a cost difference as well as the TD04 are superior and should be significantly more reliable from my understanding.

Given the labor involved in installation, I would think all customers would want to most reliable turbo center sections which can take a beating better.

Again, I have no horse in the race. Just pointing out something I think most people gloss over and/or because they have no idea the differences between TD03 and TD04. With people stuffing the biggest wheels they can in housings and people wanting to max things out on 100% E85 and still expect OEM levels of reliability(or close enough), you would think this would be brought up in conversation much more.

Last edited:

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
If this tirade has been deduced from the link below, the only thing you have proven is that you suffer severely with reading comprehension.

https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads...stock-wtf-link-inside.3282/page-11#post-54153

You may want to spend a bit more time reading and trying to understand what is being said and a little less time trying to convey what it is you think you have interpreted, and in the meantime certainly do not quit your day job.

Also as it is rather obvious you are a fan of these China core based turbos, why not put your money where your mouth is and call up Frankenturbo, VTT (OEM through 2/2+), Alibaba, Ebay, AliExpress, etc. and pick yourself up a set.

For the others who prefer Genuine OEM quality core based turbos all that is left is companies such as RB, Pure, TTE, etc.

As they say different strokes for different folks...

Thanks,
Rob
You keep ignoring any solid and relevant facts so we keep going in circles here. You and I and everyone else here know that post isn't why I commented (you might want to do a bit more reading and trying to understand what's been said ;)), it was because you stated the OPs turbos are 100%, 1:1 the same exact turbos that VTT sells here and in other threads, plus you keep being a dick. I am most certainly not a "fanboy of China junk", if you look around the forums or even ask various other users for a long while I was planning on going with a bottom mount single and *once again* I have products from several different competing vendors. "Putting your money where your mouth is and contacting x, x, or x" is pretty funny - I believe the burden of proof rests on the accuser not the innocent, no? As much as I'm sure you'd love to be judge, jury and executioner for the N54 community I'm more inclined to believe each individual vendor on their own products, and disinclined to believe several of them about their competitors. 99% of what anyone needs to know is on the product page, the other 1% that people like me need solid proof of is normally happily given by the vendor when asked, and what you're accusing has been disproven by both.

And let's not confuse "using the OE housing" with "these turbos are just as reliable as the OE ones." What's likely to be more stable, a concrete frame poured to be a certain size and then fitted with the proper items, or a monkey with a spoon scooping out the walls of an outdoor bathroom to be the size of a storefront? Your turbos have been known to have issues over the years, and as was already mentioned there's been issues posted online recently due to your constant claims of "0% failure rate!". You and Pure quite frankly don't belong in the same tier when it comes to quality and longevity of turbos tbh. But hey, the Toyota pcv valve and braided AN line you combined into a kit works pretty swell!

I knew I shouldn't have responded to this thread but the Italian in me doesn't let recurring annoyances and idiocy slide unfortunately. I'll stop replying though, you know what they say about arguing with idiots long enough.
Using TD04 Center sections vs. the competition using TD03 is a pretty big deal imo. I'm honestly surprised it is not brought up more when trying to compare turbos offerings on the market. There is a cost difference as well as the TD04 are superior and should be significantly more reliable from my understanding.

Given the labor involved in installation, I would think all customers would want to most reliable turbo center sections which can take a beating better.

Again, I have no horse in the race. Just pointing out something I think most people gloss over and/or because they have no idea the differences between TD03 and TD04. With people stuffing the biggest wheels they can in housings and people wanting to max things out on 100% E85 and still expect OEM levels of reliability(or close enough), you would think this would be brought up in conversation much more.
I think the reason it's not normally brought up is because the people who seek power levels that require TD04 wheels are usually looking at options that either already contain the correct insides or are considering single turbo. GCs/lites and 1ks/S3s have the proper internals in addition to the proper housings. Not sure about PS2's internals since Pure keeps their info under lock and key but they obviously do something right.

The rest of the people typically desiring way sub-650whp on a daily can either get close enough to their goals (often ~500whp) with FBO+ and proper fueling + tuning, or if their goals are just a touch hire they don't need giant wheel sizes to accomplish their goal and as such will buy something like a ps1, VTT oem+/stage 1, a Turbo Factory upgrade or whatever Rob's equivalent is called. The area where people want to stay twin and really need those larger wheels benefits from larger housings, which is why MMP and VTT are typically the competitive choices for twins nowadays.

• Agree
Reactions: langsbr

Mightbaal

Specialist
Apr 22, 2018
Ride
2008 335xi E90
I know I made this post awhile ago but wondering if the guy who bought these is still active and how they are holding up? My turbos still hold boost oddly at 22-24 psi 18 psi redline at 83k oddly running that way for 2 years now and I'm rough on my car. Still pushing 3.6 seconds to 60 mph and 11.8 seconds qtr mile on stockers being AWD.... Has some minimal waste gate rattle but it was like that since I put downpipes on (could hear it after that) since 53k miles. 2008 E90 335xi 83k almost 84k now.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
I realize it will be taken with a grain of salt (and that is ok) but we've had a couple already reach out directly to us with issues, so wouldn't doubt if he's at minimum seeing some signs of issues forming... it is has been just over 6 months after all.

Rob

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I personally would pay just about any amount if someone could guarantee a set of twins that would/could put up with just about any kind of abuse, be made with the best of the best parts and given 3 years warranty on them.

But I'm dreaming, I'm going back to bed lol.

But seriously if that was possible it would change the whole twins market or basically kill the competition period.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
I personally would pay just about any amount if someone could guarantee a set of twins that would/could put up with just about any kind of abuse, be made with the best of the best parts and given 3 years warranty on them.

But I'm dreaming, I'm going back to bed lol.

But seriously if that was possible it would change the whole twins market or basically kill the competition period.

Your best bet is to not put too much into a warranty- as they are only as good as the paper they are printed on in one way or the other. The integrity of the vendor is much more critical, without that you have nothing even with a lifetime warranty. The most ideal outcome however is to never have to even worry about warranties, as ultimately no one wants to ever have to even consider these things.

Your best bet is to also put your money into products that actually have a proven track record, built by those who actually have not only great knowledge but also capable turbo machinery (and are going to take the time to use it properly), and obviously are at least be a tiny bit responsible on your end when it comes to abuse. Also don't search around looking for the lowest price point alone, as one often does get what they pay for in this world (in some cases much more actually).

Do all of this and wouldn't you know voila there are no issues. Literally, none.

Rob

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Your best bet is to also put your money into products that actually have a proven track record, built by those who actually have not only great knowledge but also capable turbo machinery ...Do all of this and wouldn't you know voila there are no issues. Literally, none.

Rob

Products with a proven track record... like the RB turbo failures that have been popping up on facebook right? LOL

• Agree
Reactions: Panzerfaust

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Rob don't get me wrong I like your products as they have served me very well in the past.

I personally don't skimp on quality parts but rather seek them out as prevention is cheaper than cure.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Products with a proven track record... like the RB turbo failures that have been popping up on facebook right? LOL

This is the problem, people abuse turbos and then want warranty, you do not know the whole story on what went wrong with their setup and want to blame the manufacturer and no easier way to do it than try to bullshit their way through shaming them on facebook.

There is legitimate ones but they are minimal, most are because they developed other issues because of the added boost and they want warranty.

This is not limited to any one turbo manufacturer as they all had to deal with this kind of crap.

JazRedGT

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
Norfolk, VA / Yokosuka, Japan
Ride
2007 e92 N54
This is the problem, people abuse turbos and then want warranty, you do not know the whole story on what went wrong with their setup and want to blame the manufacturer and no easier way to do it than try to bullshit their way through shaming them on facebook.

There is legitimate ones but they are minimal, most are because they developed other issues because of the added boost and they want warranty.

This is not limited to any one turbo manufacturer as they all had to deal with this kind of crap.

Define abuse. I mean let's be honest here. Turbo vendors, promote these turbos to be able to make XXXwhp and use that, along with whatever warranty they claim, as a selling point. But as soon as you try to do what they advertised them for, now we are accused of "abusing" the product? I would respect a vendor much more if they just straight up said any of the following, "these turbos come with no warranty", "yes they are capable of XXXwhp, but we do NOT expect these to survive at that level", "beat the dog shit out of them, we'll warranty them no questions asked". Any of those would gain much respect from me, instead of a paper warranty with so many loopholes. Just my opinion.

Reactions: matreyia and veer90

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
There is more to hp than boost, running the turbo out of its efficiency range because they think more boost means more power is one problem.

Boost leaks
Restricted inlets
Poor manifold design
Bad tuning
Restrictive exhaust

just to name a few

The manufacturer quoted power figures are just that figures that can be attained with the correct setup, it doesn't mean that you will get it.