Upgraded T04 turbos for less $ than stock! Wtf? Link inside

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
For rhd owners like myself with stock crushed outlets, going to rb outlets which are more than just silicone as I found when cutting the end to fit, to see wire inside, made a discernible difference.
But I have the fantastic AliExpress chinesium turbos too..

I'm certainly surprised to see Rob almost arguing against his own outlets here, even if it was applicable for stock turbos, the manufacturing quality is really good.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
For rhd owners like myself with stock crushed outlets, going to rb outlets which are more than just silicone as I found when cutting the end to fit, to see wire inside, made a discernible difference.
But I have the fantastic AliExpress chinesium turbos too..

I'm certainly surprised to see Rob almost arguing against his own outlets here, even if it was applicable for stock turbos, the manufacturing quality is really good.

Most of these arguments are based around LHD cars, there’s no doubt the RHD outlets are a different animal and thus an entirely different discussion piece.

Reactions: Threetirtyfive

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
FWIW I had RB outlets and mmp outlets. The RB were significantly superior all around. That being said, you want best best silicone outlet, it is RB in my opinion. The best aluminum is the PSP. Pick what you want. They are small money like inlets at the end of the day. The VTT silicone and aluminum outlets seem inferior, granted I never had or would touch the VTT product for a variety of reasons.

None are large enough to hurt imo and if you are at this power level you probably have 3" intercooler inlet to throttle body ID anyways.

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
Why has the subject of this post become '
Upgraded T04 turbos for less $ than stock! Wtf? Link inside
'
is someone trying to take attention away from the original post about the China turbos (and how good they have been???????)