Upgraded Turbo - Mods ?

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Currently FBO.
Just wondering whether I need to do anything else for my new 17T install, apart from the Walboro 450 and N20 map sensor.

I am not currently planning on pushing past 20 PSI, but not sure if I should have another supporting mod. I don’t believe I need PI, until I really want to push it, and at the time I’ll do stage 3 LPFP, along with it.

Thanks

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
Boost leak test, dual catch cans, check oil pan gasket for leaks, inspect rod bearings for wear and have fun!

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Boost leak test, dual catch cans, check oil pan gasket for leaks, inspect rod bearings for wear and have fun!
Haha. My current stock turbos, every time I pull it shadows a 30FF, the wastegates are destroyed. No vacuum leaks as I checked. Catch cans is definitely my next purchase, and I was going to change the oil pan gasket regardless anyways, forgot to say.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Valve cover gasket is always great to do... If you go with catch cans and no internal PCV, then I would suggest plugging the head.

Regular maintenance is always fantastic, to ease the mind. I recently did my power steering fluid/reservoir, brake, DCT fluid/filter change, oil.... Car feels much happier and I am not worried about those pieces when I am pushing the car.

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Valve cover gasket is always great to do... If you go with catch cans and no internal PCV, then I would suggest plugging the head.

Regular maintenance is always fantastic, to ease the mind. I recently did my power steering fluid/reservoir, brake, DCT fluid/filter change, oil.... Car feels much happier and I am not worried about those pieces when I am pushing the car.
I’m going to try a catch can. When I install the turbos. I actually am going to clean intake valves, because I have to take the manifold off to change the oil filter housing gasket, so may as well kill 7 birds with 1 stone and many hours of labour 🤣🤣🤣