fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
"So my results cannot be duplicated even when the build is duplicated?"

No, they cannot be duplicated even when the build is duplicated IF your tuner does not tune it to account for the inlets you idiot.
I'm confused. Why would one go to a tuner and have them NOT tune to one's configuration? That doesn't seem to make any sense, when the whole reason of going to a tuner is to have them tune to one's needs and spec.

It seems to me that any decent tuner, given a set of mods, will roughly land in the same zip code as any other decent tuner. Note I said "rough", which is to say, timing/boost/blah will advance relative to what the hardware allows.

Filippo

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Wait a second, I just connected something astonishing.

You're the same bro who dremeled HALF of your fan shroud and supportive material away. The same bro who installed an engine oil component with zip ties. And the same bro who can't find a road to take a log on, in Houston fucking Texas.

I'm not even sure what to say. Retardation is a serious societal issue.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I'm confused. Why would one go to a tuner and have them NOT tune to one's configuration? That doesn't seem to make any sense, when the whole reason of going to a tuner is to have them tune to one's needs and spec.

It seems to me that any decent tuner, given a set of mods, will roughly land in the same zip code as any other decent tuner. Note I said "rough", which is to say, timing/boost/blah will advance relative to what the hardware allows.

Filippo

You are asking exactly the same questions I asked myself. "Why the hell can't this guy tune for my inlets/outlets. And why can't he make the car run without stuttering and choking even under normal driving?"

That's why I reported retarded performance with inlets/outlets on my car with Wedge. To this day, I don't feel comfortable running any of the 12 maps Wedge created for the set up.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I'll make this very simple for you:

ORIGINAL POST CONCERNING MY PARTICULAR CAR AND SITUATION WITH TUNERS I USED:
"Nobody has demonstrably shown any substantial increase in power from tuning to inlets/outlets. So I assume that there is zero benefit if you are on stock turbos like I am....or nobody actually knows or cares to consider inlets or outlet upgrades...or nobody has the time to actually show and explain to me the numbers that show that they did tune with upgraded inlet/outlet diameters.

At this point, I am beginning to think I should have just disregarded all the mumbo jumbo marketing from those inlet/outlet makers and stuck with my original Dinan S3 tune and mods. Because I just don't see any appreciable increase in power delivery and I see a decrease in responsiveness and drivability.

Now this may change after today's notice given to me by Justin of Twisted Tuning. He has sent another revision and I will log and test and give my feedback. Perhaps I was premature in this review. I see great potential with Twisted and hope that this interruption was the only reason I had not seen inlet/outlet gains yet.

In the end, if unsuccessful, I may just revert to the stock t map sensor and attempt to reinstall replacement stock inlet/outlets and reinstall my Dinan S3 tune.
Please stay tuned for updates as I get revisions."

-------
Reading comprehension: Do you see anywhere...where I make a claim that this applies to all cars? There are 4 main points to these 4 paragraphs.

1. Among the tuners I used, nobody has shown any substantial increase. So I assume there is no benefit from the tuners I used so far with stock turbos. OR, among the tuners I used, nobody has cared to consider the inlet/outlet upgrades which may explain why there is no substantial increase (meaning there may be some increase but not substantial or noticeable).

2. I don't see any increase and I see a decrease in responsiveness and drivability.

3. Twisted Tuning is still in progress which means this review may be premature and he may dial in the inlet/outlet adjustments with upcoming maps.

4. IF UNSUCCESSFUL, I will reinstall Dinan S3 flash and reinstall stock inlet/outlets - that's how shitty the car runs with the Wedge tune. PLEASE STAY TUNED AS I GET UPDATES.

You have no leg to stand on when you don't read and you come in putting words into people's mouths. At no point did I claim that my particular situation is universal OR that there were no gains...I said from the beginning - I SAW NO SUBSTANTIAL GAINS. YOU made that claim that I somehow said there were no absolute gains...and all this pertains to only MY particular situation, NOT YOURS. But hey...in your mind, your care is just like my car - and never mind asking about who the fuck tuned it.
And now you are trying to cover up your stupidity with character attacks and name calling?

Please, accept this bag of dicks to eat...for free.

Last edited:

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Wait a second, I just connected something astonishing.

You're the same bro who dremeled HALF of your fan shroud and supportive material away. The same bro who installed an engine oil component with zip ties. And the same bro who can't find a road to take a log on, in Houston fucking Texas.

I'm not even sure what to say. Retardation is a serious societal issue.

Wow...he can use the search function! Yeah, I'm that guy. So What does any of these things have to do with not getting substantial gains from the tuners I used with inlet/outlet upgrades? And if you had kept reading in your preparation for personal attacks, you would have eventually seen the solution to the Houston fucking Texas issue.

Learn to read. Learn logic when attempting to argue. Keep focused on the topic.
Your logic and lack of reading comprehension is astounding.

You first accuse me of wholesale dismissal of inlets/outlets. Then you accuse me of saying there were absolutely no gains from inlets/outlets - which is false. Then in your excitement, you poorly compared inlet/outlet gains with upgraded turbos. Then you go to another post and harass me to go take my post some other site? WTF dude? A man worth his salt would apologize for this childish behavior. A stupid man doesn't even realize that this behavior is stupid. Which are you?

• Dislike
Reactions: ddang06

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
E85 is not relevant, as these changes changed airflow and nothing else.
Stock turbos.
Fuel supply mods are irrelevant, as these changes changed airflow and nothing else.
All of these questions were answered in the thread(s) FWIW.

So... you are saying, you can get substantial gains by just adding inlets/outlets without fuel mods, or ethanol.
If a stock turbo is max out with 93 octane on upgraded inlets/outlets... and you add e85 tune to the mix... you are saying that this is irrelevant to making substantial gains. OK...genius.

Let's move on, you also wrote:
"The gains you see with inlets and/or outlets will still be represented without any tuning changes at all, just maybe not quite to the full extent."

Well no shit Sherlock. Where do you see me claiming there is no gain to be had? I certainly said in my particular situation, there were ZERO SUBSTANTIAL GAINS that I saw....but that's completely different from ZERO GAINS.

Take your illiterate ass back to school and come back when you can discuss things logically and with manners.

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
OP, you should try to read and think a bit more, and spend less time ranting and typing on this awful thread you created.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
OP, you should try to read and think a bit more, and spend less time ranting and typing on this awful thread you created.

Dude... i am not the one coming to other people's posts to argue about their personal experience with their particular car and certainly am not the one poisoning this thread. Talk to Aaron.

• Dumb
Reactions: GreyNBlueE92

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
Your fundamental ignorance of the physics behind these concepts is nothing short of astounding. It's like 9th grade stuff, and yet you don't even have a basic understanding.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Your fundamental ignorance of the physics behind these concepts is nothing short of astounding. It's like 9th grade stuff, and yet you don't even have a basic understanding.

DID you even read the comment before blabbing?
YES the air flow is increased. However, if you max out a stock turbo on 93 octane with inlets/outlets, it will not be as substantial gains as adding e85, e40, e60... because those fuels allow more boost, thus more able to take advantage of the increased flow rate of upgraded inlet/outlets.

Why do you think almost 100% of inlet/outlet reviews in any of these numerous forums has the user using some mix of ethanol? what? coincidence? And if you are saying you don't run ethanol mix and you got substantial gains? OK, good for you. Substantial gains did not and have not yet materialized for my car with 93octane yet. So I am not the one who has to defend any argument because I can't say you are wrong about your nonethanol car getting substantial gains with inlet/outlets alone... But YOU are the one who should defend your comments because no matter what you say or how many insults you fling, it won't change a thing on my car's history and progress... your personal attacks won't magically give me substantial gains from innlet/outlets running on gasoline. It just won't. Sorry to burst your bubble Einstein.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rob09msport
Status
Not open for further replies.