Vader Solutions BOV adaptor

SCato

Lurker
Apr 14, 2017
Ride
2009 BMW 135I
So I ignored all the reports about @Omar@VaderSolutions becuase I've ordered from him in the past without issues. I placed order #2110 last weekend (1.19.19) for one of these adapters. Got the confirmation email right away, but no updates since.

Edit 1130am
Got a response from Omar, parts should be shipping out today. Will update if anything else arises.

Last edited:

jt86tn

Mar 17, 2019
Ride
2011 BMW 335is
Well add me to the list of non recipients of their order...and I haven't even received a response after sending 2 e-mails. I ordered one of the BOV adapters at the beginning of March, received an e-mail on March 6th that said it was on it's way with a tracking number but it hasn't moved. It still says "pre-shipment". This is ridiculous, what is going on here? @Omar@VaderSolutions

jt86tn

Mar 17, 2019
Ride
2011 BMW 335is
Not to jump in on someone's thread, but we needed a similar MAP sensor baesd BOV adapter for one of our development cars, and since we CNC stuff anyway decided to make a batch of them. Should have them on our site in the near future.

When will you be releasing yours? I need one ASAP and I can't even get a response from Vader Solutions.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
When will you be releasing yours? I need one ASAP and I can't even get a response from Vader Solutions.

A few weeks ago, we've sold hundreds already. Works awesome!

Reactions: jt86tn

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
Ya, just get it from BMS, absolutely no shipping issues. This is so clean, unlike a block of aluminum on a plastic manifold. Just waiting for the pvc kit there working on.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
I just ordered the BOV kit with the hose...i will install and compare the difference if there any between the Vader Solutions vs. vs. this unit. Then post observations after thorough testing.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
The BMS solution is definitely a well designed piece both look-wise and having two ports, but personally I'd prefer to keep my BOVs running directly from the manifold - even though I have to T the vacuum hose due to running two and I would have to do the same with the BMS one still since I have an external PCV adapter there.

What I'd really like is for @Twisted Tuning to release his TMAP relocater as that'd solve the T'ing problem for me as well as offer the boost reading benefits.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
The BMS solution is definitely a well designed piece both look-wise and having two ports, but personally I'd prefer to keep my BOVs running directly from the manifold - even though I have to T the vacuum hose due to running two and I would have to do the same with the BMS one still since I have an external PCV adapter there.

What I'd really like is for @Twisted Tuning to release his TMAP relocater as that'd solve the T'ing problem for me as well as offer the boost reading benefits.

Did I read correctly... you are running TWO BOVs? or did you mean to say you are running two DV valves?

And finally, why do you prefer the manifold location even though the tbody location in theory is more instantaneous than the manifold?

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Did I read correctly... you are running TWO BOVs? or did you mean to say you are running two DV valves?

And finally, why do you prefer the manifold location even though the tbody location in theory is more instantaneous than the manifold?
Yes, I am running two BOVs. I know it's not in the big notebook of "how to mod an N54 like everyone else" but I stuck with the old general rule of one valve per turbo ‍♂️

I just would prefer to have anything that references boost running off of the IM I guess, as that's the real boost the engine is seeing. Same reason I'd like to move my TMAP sensor to the manifold from the chargepipe too.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
I would highly recommend NOT moving the Tmap to the intake manifold. It's supposed to be where it is, before the throttle plate, for a reason.

Reactions: Terry@BMS

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
I would highly recommend NOT moving the Tmap to the intake manifold. It's supposed to be where it is, before the throttle plate, for a reason.
I mean I dont have the option right now anyway, but any specific reasons for that? When Justin was talking about it I was particularly interested in the lack of boost spikes etc leading to pulling power in addition to the "more accurate" boost reading, but I'm certainly not as familiar with the DME as you are.

The only major potential downsides I could think of would be that the DME would still think it was being read at the CP elbow so throttle closure as boost control might not work as effectively and the boost reading in the IM would probably be lower since theres less surface area, but I'd think one could remedy that with some tuning adjustments and targeting lower boost?

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
I mean I dont have the option right now anyway, but any specific reasons for that? When Justin was talking about it I was particularly interested in the lack of boost spikes etc leading to pulling power in addition to the "more accurate" boost reading, but I'm certainly not as familiar with the DME as you are.

The only major potential downsides I could think of would be that the DME would still think it was being read at the CP elbow so throttle closure as boost control might not work as effectively and the boost reading in the IM would probably be lower since theres less surface area, but I'd think one could remedy that with some tuning adjustments and targeting lower boost?

everything works, i purposely overboosted the car to make sure. I didnt see any ill effects of running both tmaps on the manifold. on the n54 or n55. Boost is still being read, if the boost goes over boost target, it doesnt matter where the reading is from if its accurate the throttle will close. But i didn't do anything scientific. Nor have i looked at DME code. Installed it on the car, and drove and beat the cars up as normal. And no issues. Thats all i'll say, just stating my first hand experience, not arguing with anyone. The only place i can see it effecting anything is if you drive and a big range of varying altitudes. But im near sea level most of the time but travel about 2000feet up sometimes if i drive the car over the mountain.

• Informative
Reactions: fmorelli

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
It may "work", but I would not advise it as over time it will probably screw with a lot of things...which may or may not be readily apparent. It screws with the complex airflow model which computes "maf" flow in mg/stk. The DME calculates it based off the known modeling of airflow over the throttle plate at all opening angles.

If you need a manifold reference for AIC, etc, I would keep the DME sensors where they are and run a separate external sensor off the manifold to feed it.

Reactions: BreakMyBillfold