Vader Solutions BOV adaptor

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Alright I go to install the Vader Solutions BOV and notice the two screws that come with the kit look like sheet metal phillips heads from Home Depot. My OCD bugs me on stuff like this - why do I buy a beautifully machined solution to get a larger vacuum line to my BOV (rather than jam a brass barb with epoxy into my intake) and not screw it in with a screw that goes with the rest of the car? Yeah ... I'm majoring in the minors.

McCaster-Carr to the rescue, but you have to order a pack of 25. Subsequently I'm already sending out pairs of screws to friends, so they can replace their T25 TMAP screws with correct T25 screws for for one's Vader Solutions TMAP BOV adapter. Case hardened steel and made in the USA.

https://www.mcmaster.com/90925a255

@Omar@VaderSolutions if you see this, these screws would be a nice addition to a nice product.

Filippo

IMG_20180914_195936.jpg
IMG_20180914_195944.jpg

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Agreed. I also noted the low-quality screws. They’ll rust for sure unless you live in the desert.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Alright a few folks have dropped me a line, and I've been sending screws out to other Vader Solutions BOV adapter owners. I'm glad to run down the box of twenty-five. If you are a Spoolstreet regular, PM me and as part of the SpoolStreet Community Support Program (SSCS), I'll send you a pair of screws first class mail.

Filippo

4 Doors

Sep 19, 2018
Michigan
Ride
2008 BMW 335xi
I am usually on E90post forums but saw this thread on the internet. I ordered my Vader Solutions BOV Adapter on August 27th and it has not been shipped yet. @Omar@VaderSolutions if you could give me an update I would greatly appreciate it. This has been unfortunate so far as I was hoping to have this installed by now with my chargepipe. @fmorelli if you still have any of the screws left I would like to get some off of you. Appreciate it.

The Banshee

Corporal
Nov 18, 2017
Lehigh Valley PA
Ride
2008 335xi coupe 6466 MT
Frustrating not knowing if the part will arrive in 2 days or 2 months. Was supposed to be shipped mid September. No response from emails to them either. If we had some idea on shipping we could decide to just tap the manifold or not.

Reactions: KrazyKastelicN54

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
@Rob@RBTurbo has an adapter too. Unplug the line going to the throttle body, insert his adapter, reconnect the line.

Now you have a vacuum source for BOV or catch can.

I have mine tapped, no epoxy or anything like that is needed. It threads in nicely.

• Agree
Reactions: langsbr

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
@Rob@RBTurbo has an adapter too. Unplug the line going to the throttle body, insert his adapter, reconnect the line.

Now you have a vacuum source for BOV or catch can.

I have mine tapped, no epoxy or anything like that is needed. It threads in nicely.
Rob doesn't sell the TB adapter standalone unfortunately, and I believe it's better to run a BOV vacuum tube further in off of the intake manifold rather than right at the throttle body, but I could be wrong. Just guessing there's a reason the OE nipple is where it is and why Omar chose that spot for the adapter when we have plenty of vacuum sourceable spots.

I don't recall exactly where the hose runs off of the TB but a BOV works by releasing when there's more pressure in the tube than in the IM (aka when the throttle body plate shuts) so if it's pre- or mid- plate then you would have malfunctioning valves anyway. Same reason we can't run PCV off the charge pipe - yes it's vacuum, but in the wrong spot so you get different amounts and a different kind than you'd want.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I am usually on E90post forums but saw this thread on the internet. I ordered my Vader Solutions BOV Adapter on August 27th and it has not been shipped yet. @Omar@VaderSolutions if you could give me an update I would greatly appreciate it. This has been unfortunate so far as I was hoping to have this installed by now with my chargepipe. @fmorelli if you still have any of the screws left I would like to get some off of you. Appreciate it.
@Omar@VaderSolutions please take care of one of our newer members...