Vader Solutions Bucketless LPFP upgrade

pysical

Sergeant
Jun 16, 2017
Ride
2009 335xi E90
@Omar@VaderSolutions

I currently have a Boost Concepts Stage 2 LPFP. If I purchase your mount, and another Walbro 450, what else would I need to get this to a "Stage 3"? If I am reading the thread correct, I need the pump activation harness from @PRECISION RACEWORKS ?

How about getting the two pumps hooked up together? And would I need a new fuel line/return line or FPR? Or anything else?

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, how many volts are ran to these pumps?

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
It varies but a stage 2 pump runs out around the 600 range I think, but your HPFP will run out before that.

Bucket vs bucketless are different answers. In a bucketless setup like this you would need to be pushing over 800hp to need to add the 3rd module. Fuel-It has some pretty extensive testing on the single buckletless pump supplying enough fuel for 550hp on full E85 (roughly 600hp on the more common E60 mix).

I'm guessing that adding the second bucketless pump pushing through a single fuel line might be maxing out the flow capacity of the fuel line itself and not necessarily the capacity of 2 of these walbros with a restrictionless bucketless install. I'm guessing that's why we see the ability to run 550-600hp on a single bucketless but only 800hp on a dual.

This is all my intuition.....awe hell, I'm guessing. There's only a few people pushing those realms of power to really tell us at the moment. Maybe Tony wants to step into Omar's thread and lend some insight, help Omar sell some product, and cause a black hole to form over the pacific ocean and kill kittens all across the west coast from them talking friendly like.

I like kittens...might want to keep Tony out of the thread.

• Funny
Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
You're pretty much dead on. There are a few restrictions, lines being one of them and openings being another. But there's more to it than just pumps and line limitations, there's DME control that needs to be "changed".

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
Another small pull on my bucketless dual setup at 36psi ;)

6D658460-08C7-4336-BE64-8A020F0D8A12.jpeg

Reactions: Mnst3r and 335i_lou

idnan

Sep 10, 2017
Ride
2008 e92 335i
Excellent product, will be placing an order for sure.

One quick question. I notice in the first picture, you're using the stock filter sock/strainer that comes with the walbro pumps, are those adequate or would you recommend using Holley Hydramats?

Reactions: doublespaces

Omar@VaderSolutions

Lieutenant
Premium Vendor
Oct 19, 2016
NY & AZ
vadersolution.com
Ride
N54 135i & N54 335i
Excellent product, will be placing an order for sure.

One quick question. I notice in the first picture, you're using the stock filter sock/strainer that comes with the walbro pumps, are those adequate or would you recommend using Holley Hydramats?
im currently using stock filters on my walbro in my personal car... no issues :) but hydromats would be nice