Vader Solutions N54 Breather System

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
I had non stop smoking issues. Even after a new motor build and BMS occ it still smoked. Figured because of my bottom mount setup the PTE6266 wasn't draining well so we installed vac pump setup. It wasn't that expensive IMO. But now that I'm replacing 6266 with 6870, i'm glad i have the added piece of mind.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
I had non stop smoking issues. Even after a new motor build and BMS occ it still smoked. Figured because of my bottom mount setup the PTE6266 wasn't draining well so we installed vac pump setup. It wasn't that expensive IMO. But now that I'm replacing 6266 with 6870, i'm glad i have the added piece of mind.

What did it run you, if you don't mind me asking? I am considering something similar. Is the pump driven off a 12V switched source? And did it 100% fix your issue?

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
I'm pretty sure i bought the improved racing micro oil scavenge pump pt# 17-530M for around $400. All my smoking issues were resolved but i replaced turbo and new VAC motor with new VC so i'm not sure what fixed the problem. Hehe Now i'm waiting on my 2nd VAC motor and larger turbo. Will be calling Chris soon so give him heads up:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Plugging those ports keeps excess crankcase pressure from entering the valve cover which under high boost "could" blow out thru valve cover gasket.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I have a question... where are the PCV head ports pulling air/pressure from? Where do they lead? The oil pan?

If plugging those ports will that raise or lower pressure under the Valve Cover?

Does anyone have a schematic of the N54 internally?
Plugging the ports prevents manifold pressure, while under boost, from pressurizing the crankcase, IF you removed the low side one way valve/orifice and externalized your low load pcv system, ala the RB kit or similar.

If you keep the low side internal, then you absolutely do NOT want to plug those ports.

Davidwarren

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Louisville
I'm getting my MMP 1Ks installed this weekend, along with getting the ports plugged. Until my catch can setup comes in, should I remove the flapper valve and plumb that vent right to the intake to draw vacuum? I ordered the AD Eng setup, but it's only been three weeks since I ordered without any action on shipping it. o_O

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I just need an intake for an ade bottom mount kit.
There is absolutely nothing special about the ADE intake, take a bit of work to make it fit right. That was probably the more tedious part of the install tbh. Too bad he doesn't make the carbon intake anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: AK135i

Ffwturbo

Mar 3, 2017
Ride
E92 335i
I’m always here if anyone has issues lol
Two days ago I took the intake manifold off because off smoking issues during idle and decell only. I noticed the intake ports had significant oil residue. Cleaned intake ports and valves, but still the same issue. does this mean that the crank case seeing more vacuum or less?

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Two days ago I took the intake manifold off because off smoking issues during idle and decell only. I noticed the intake ports had significant oil residue. Cleaned intake ports and valves, but still the same issue. does this mean that the crank case seeing more vacuum or less?
Would be more because the pressure is pushing oil past seals.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
IMG_1558.PNG
This is the filter that comes with the fftec bottom mount kit and what I bought for my motiv kit. Fits great on both of those bottom mounts at least.

I just need an intake for an ade bottom mount kit.

Ffwturbo

Mar 3, 2017
Ride
E92 335i
Would be more because the pressure is pushing oil past seals.
The funny thing is that, when I did the external Low side PCV, it stopped the smoke but now I have high vacuum at the oil cap. its hard to remove on idle. once the car is off then its ok. To much vaccum going on?

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
The funny thing is that, when I did the external Low side PCV, it stopped the smoke but now I have high vacuum at the oil cap. its hard to remove on idle. once the car is off then its ok. To much vaccum going on?
Could be. You need to measure it to know.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I have the MHD app, and it reads 0.09ish closer to .10 idle on my boost gauge it was like 0.07 closer to 8 before the switch to external pcv
What and how are you measuring? Don't wanna assume anything. So, just detail it for me if you don't mind.

Ffwturbo

Mar 3, 2017
Ride
E92 335i
What and how are you measuring? Don't wanna assume anything. So, just detail it for me if you don't mind.
I hook up the cable to the USB port on the car, then to the tablet and open MHD app monitor. The boost gauge at idle reads 0.08 after warm up Is complete. I managed to restrict the vacuum with a smaller hose before it goes to the external PCV and VC and still have vacuum at the oil cap but not as bad as before. No smoke and idles fine.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I hook up the cable to the USB port on the car, then to the tablet and open MHD app monitor. The boost gauge at idle reads 0.08 after warm up Is complete. I managed to restrict the vacuum with a smaller hose before it goes to the external PCV and VC and still have vacuum at the oil cap but not as bad as before. No smoke and idles fine.
I guess I'm just not getting how you're reading crankcase vacuum with the mhd boost gauge. I'm not too familiar with the RB pcv setup, nor the functionality within mhd yet. Haven't messed with my car in a good while. When I checked my pcv system, I hooked my vacuum/boost gauge up to an oil cap adapter and then took the car out for a spin. If yours is reading vacuum/pressure in the intake manifold or charge pipe, then that's not your crankcase pressure.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeffman

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The boost gauge at idle should should by default show a negative vacuum measurement in PSI. So I'm a bit confused where you've placed the sensor? I think MHD pulls vacuum from the sensor inside the manifold and boost from the chargepipe sensor. So I'm not real sure what is going on here.