Vader Solutions N54 Breather System

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
Who is running this setup?Im torn to wether go this route or rb PCV low side.
My car isn't a daily but drive it here and there and weekends,sometimes short driving(if that's a issue with this setup).

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
My valve cover is currently off waiting to replace it this weekend. It would be a great time to install a system to prevent oil from beneath the VC blowing back into the intake under no boost / idle conditions. I already have the BMS catch can - a nice and simple, out of the way system for catching oil under load / boost conditions. But I still had to walnut blast my intake valves one year later after cleaning and installing the BMS catch can. (Photo). My car is a daily driver so clearly the oil in my intake must largely originate from idle/cruise/no boost conditions. In theory I like Omar’s solution, but personally the design with all those hoses cross-crossing the engine bay seems unwieldy. I also feel the low-side catch can should best be on the colder intake side.
So which system should I go with? Any suggestions?
ED33FD4C-8779-4E5F-A341-59F1A0A4D023.jpeg

JDKruger4

Private
Aug 10, 2017
Ride
335i LCI
My valve cover is currently off waiting to replace it this weekend. It would be a great time to install a system to prevent oil from beneath the VC blowing back into the intake under no boost / idle conditions. I already have the BMS catch can - a nice and simple, out of the way system for catching oil under load / boost conditions. But I still had to walnut blast my intake valves one year later after cleaning and installing the BMS catch can. (Photo). My car is a daily driver so clearly the oil in my intake must largely originate from idle/cruise/no boost conditions. In theory I like Omar’s solution, but personally the design with all those hoses cross-crossing the engine bay seems unwieldy. I also feel the low-side catch can should best be on the colder intake side.
So which system should I go with? Any suggestions?
View attachment 10708

I'm in the same boat. Walnut blasted at 78k (first time ever, it was horrifyingly bad), had the manifold off at 90k to tap for Tial BOV and while nowhere near where they were, they really could use another cleaning soon. Holding off as next time I do the cleaning I'd like a good solution. I have a decent amount of oil in my intercooler/chargepipe which I assume is turbo blow by, but most of the buildup seems to be on the valve stems. Could this mean my stem seals are bad? It seems from threads like Chadillac's that most of the accumulation is on the low side/non-boost setup. Wondering if just a RB PCV with a low-side Mishimoto is the way to go for a daily not looking for huge power.

Looking at Omar's kit or RB's any other options?

Reactions: Jeffman

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
Just an idea... you could send out tapped and fitted VCs and give core refunds upon return of stock VC... for less downtime... also I just wanted to post to see what my ranking is on this forum :tongueout::rolleyes:

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Just an idea... you could send out tapped and fitted VCs and give core refunds upon return of stock VC... for less downtime... also I just wanted to post to see what my ranking is on this forum :tongueout::rolleyes:
The head gets tapped and plugged, not the VC.

Sean5000

Apr 14, 2017
Southern Cali
Ride
135i
I'm in the same boat. Walnut blasted at 78k (first time ever, it was horrifyingly bad), had the manifold off at 90k to tap for Tial BOV and while nowhere near where they were, they really could use another cleaning soon. Holding off as next time I do the cleaning I'd like a good solution. I have a decent amount of oil in my intercooler/chargepipe which I assume is turbo blow by, but most of the buildup seems to be on the valve stems. Could this mean my stem seals are bad? It seems from threads like Chadillac's that most of the accumulation is on the low side/non-boost setup. Wondering if just a RB PCV with a low-side Mishimoto is the way to go for a daily not looking for huge power.

Looking at Omar's kit or RB's any other options?

I went with the RB setup after blasting my valves a few weeks ago. Ive been waiting for my low psi fuel sensor to solve that issue which came in yesterday. I replaced it last night and while I was in there I thought Id check the mishimoto can and I was shocked at the amount of oil it caught after no more than 700 miles. Not sure if thats normal or not but Im definitely glad I did that vs. nothing at all. After reading all this Ill def. stick with this set up as Im in the same boat as I dont plan on going to much further. I've also thought about runing a second can between the existing can and the intake. Anyone want to chime in if thats over kill or if it will even help? I did notice a bit of oil is getting past the can... Its looking like Ill be checking the can every other time I fill up. ( not a daily so not a big deal )

markyb0

Corporal
Jun 17, 2017
Hampton, VA
Ride
2009 335i ST
Anyone been able to get a hold of Omar? Ordered a part from him like 2 months ago and still havent recieved my part. Emailed him about it and haven't gotten a word.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
We keep getting emails about this setup and hearing a bunch of similar feedback followed by tons of questions- but no one seems to want to discuss any of it online so it is becoming quite taxing on our very highly limited resource of time. As such if anyone has any discussion points regarding these product please keep it in this thread as literally we are not setup administratively to support competitive offerings.

• Agree
Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions

09beemer05

Aug 30, 2018
Ride
08 335i e90 manual
I'll post my experience with this. This is an absolute shit kit. I'm quite upset. I installed this kit and had it on for less than a week and and no more than 100 miles when my car began to smoke like a freaken locomotive!! Insane amount of oil was blowing by! I was already thinking turbo seals were done. I removed the kit and installed the factory pcv system and my car stopped smoking! This was a scary experience. I say stay away from this kit. Find another way. It was a total waste of money. I know of another person that had the same experience I did. This kit really shouldn't be out there if it's doing this to cars.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I'll post my experience with this. This is an absolute shit kit. I'm quite upset. I installed this kit and had it on for less than a week and and no more than 100 miles when my car began to smoke like a freaken locomotive!! Insane amount of oil was blowing by! I was already thinking turbo seals were done. I removed the kit and installed the factory pcv system and my car stopped smoking! This was a scary experience. I say stay away from this kit. Find another way. It was a total waste of money. I know of another person that had the same experience I did. This kit really shouldn't be out there if it's doing this to cars.
So posts like this just really piss me off. It's your first post and you haven't told us jackshit except coming on here like a a ranting 14-year-old. Any diagnostic? Any dialog with Omar to try and figure out if there is a product issue - defect, install issue, etc? Did you actually do ANYTHING to figure out what is going on, or like the post, just showed up and threw up all over the place?

Thanks for the product advise - from a post like this ... information-free on Post 1 ... I'd say stick to stock and let the rest of us deal with mods. And while you may think I'm an asshole, just remember you're the guy that showed up here and crapped all over someone's reputation and product without any supporting diagnostic or other information. I'm sure like most people that dish it out like this, you can't take the mirror being held up, with the same coming back at ya.

Filippo

Last edited:

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
So posts like this just really piss me off. It's your first post and you haven't told us jackshit except coming on here like a a ranting 14-year-old. Any diagnostic? Any dialog with Omar to try and figure out if there is a product issue - defect, install issue, etc? Did you actually do ANYTHING to figure out what is going on, or like the post, just showed up and threw up all over the place?

Thanks for the product advise - from a post like this ... information-free on Post 1 ... I'd say stick to stock and let the rest of us deal with mods. And while you may think I'm an asshole, just remember you're the guy that showed up here and crapped all over someone's reputation and product without any supporting diagnostic or other information. I'm sure like most people that dish it out like this, you can't take the mirror being held up, with the same coming back at ya.

Filippo

Where were you when we had some issues several years back?:tearsofjoy: In all seriousness it is posts like this that cause many to not share their experiences... which is a bummer.

To add we know he is not alone, as much like the MMP outlet debacle we have been hearing the same things for months and months on end. Quite frankly it is surprising it has taken this long to see something like this pop up.

Rob

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Where were you when we had some issues several years back?:tearsofjoy: In all seriousness it is posts like this that cause many to not share their experiences... which is a bummer.

To add we know he is not alone, as much like the MMP outlet debacle we have been hearing the same things for months and months on end. Quite frankly it is surprising it has taken this long to see something like this pop up.

Rob
@Rob@RBTurbo your expertise in the N54 platform in and outs are something I respect and appreciate. And I am a repeat customer because of that, and expect to continue in that regard. On the other hand, I professionally ran forums for a very long time, it is my expertise and I'm rather certain that you are unable to appreciate that. I will explain once, that your perspective is incorrect. Our forums suffer because people show up and throw up, shooting down people and products without communicating any due diligence. That behavior should be blunted. Have a problem, say it. Need help, say it. Did your due diligence, say it. Showing up and throwing up is not something I encourage people to do. You're clearly incapable of understanding the distinction - that's ok, it's why other people are around with skills and knowledge you don't possess.

To your commentary on the product, while the knowledge you share is valuable, your inability to understand your one-sided mannerism toward other vendors is unique to you. Everyone else sees it. You have no issue with someone trashing ANY other vendor that competes with you (and who knows, maybe even the ones that don't). So honestly while I read your technical commentary with great interest, you are quite incompetent in the other dimensions of interaction, so given my expertise I put almost zero credence to the places you are experientially tone deaf. You won't like this post, but I suspect your ego makes you incapable of understanding what you've been told, much less digesting it.

Filippo

09beemer05

Aug 30, 2018
Ride
08 335i e90 manual

Filippo
I'm actually 13. And no i dont think your an asshole at all. Its expected to receive different views and comments while posting online. I mean that's what the internet is for. There are allot of people out there with similar issues. But noone has said anything about it because they just try and unload the product to recoup some of their money and defenitely what Rob stated is true, allot of people are scarred to post do to comments like yours. I'm sure you looked for reviews on products yourself. Wouldn't you want to be informed if there is an issue going on? My car never ever smoked. Threw on the kit, and I know I installed it correctly I've bin around cars a very long time, and it started smoking like hell! Removed the kit and everything stopped and it went back to normal. I had my car checked out bot just by myself but by my shop as well and there is nothing wrong with my car. It's running great right now. So what would that tell you? Theres members on other forums trying to sell their kit. I asked them why and they gave me a similar account. And I'm sure Rob has heard way more accounts off this happening. But I understand rob is being business professional and has to do what he has to do. But hey, I'm sure Omar is a smart and great guy, but maybe just maybe the kit may need some further looking into. When he first posted he made the comment that maybe the kit did need a flapper....then he said no. But as of now in think I will continue to stick to modding and I'll leave my wife's car stock.
Have a nice day!

Reactions: Hydra Performance

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I had my car checked out bot just by myself but by my shop as well and there is nothing wrong with my car. It's running great right now. So what would that tell you? Theres members on other forums trying to sell their kit. I asked them why and they gave me a similar account.
Have you attempted to communicate with Omar? Are you aware of anyone having figured out what the issue may be? I understand you are not a professional - but to your point if you are 100% certain you installed correctly, I suspect you have the chops to at least take a look at what is there and maybe see something may not be right? I would understand a post like yours if it came with some demonstration of having looked into what is wrong and having spoken with the vendor (or at least tried to). It's not that we are the R&D department - but we need to allow for the opportunity of maybe we made a mistake, maybe something has a QC problem, and maybe the vendor can sort it out - before we dump on the forum. When the dump is warranted, I get that. But shoot first ask questions later or never ... :-(

Glad to hear your car is at least running well stock.

Filippo